FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! (/showthread.php?tid=32420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-03-2009

(12-02-2009, 11:43 PM)Nic Wrote: Here are my thoughts on that:  Under different circumstances it may have been seen as just another attempt at the neo-Catholic establishment to pick on true Catholics, and most may have gotten a bit of a laugh out of it.  BUT, if the poster is accurate about you being a troller who has posted this elswhere, and other different names, then it seems that you are only doing this for some sick form of amusement or even to hurt others.  That's my two cents.  BUT, if you are a legit poster and the other poster is way off on his or her allegation, then... ha-ha, look at what the stupid neo-Caths think of true Catholics...ha-ha.

You didn't answer my question.

Why do some traditionally-minded Catholic find the spreadsheet and flowchart downright funny, other take all or parts of them with a grain of salt while others become angry and abusive?  It's not a loaded question -- I don't know the answer, but it does intrigue me.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - James02 - 12-03-2009

Please don't feed the troll.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 12:50 AM)Carnivore Wrote: Why do some traditionally-minded Catholic find the spreadsheet and flowchart downright funny, other take all or parts of them with a grain of salt while others become angry and abusive?  It's not a loaded question -- I don't know the answer, but it does intrigue me.

Some people find the absurd to be funny. It is a defense mechanism. Sometimes we just have to laugh at the insanity of the thing.

Whatever your intentions, I recommend you let this thread die and do not do it again. Any feeding on the issue would help the troll accusers.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Scipio_a - 12-03-2009

(12-02-2009, 10:08 PM)Carnivore Wrote: It's a joke.  Then again after surfing this forum and reading things like where some actually believe it's sinful to attend the Ordinary Form of the Mass  :confused:  , I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't as least bits of truth to the old 'chart? 

That sort of mindset it would take to suggest it's sinful to attend the Ordinary Form of the Mass  is certainly not doing anything to "undo the damage of the past decades."

Actually it is the only sort of mindset that has a solution to the NO pollution,,,The New Spring time has destroyed the Faith of millions,,,You will know them by their fruits,,,get rid of it.....

It is an abject failure as Catholic theology goes...and is a absolute success at what it was designed to do....destroy.

And don't act confused buster,,,the reason it is sinful was explained to you in no uncertain terms.    now you just have to wrestle with it for a while.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Inion_Coinin - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 12:50 AM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-02-2009, 11:43 PM)Nic Wrote: Here are my thoughts on that:  Under different circumstances it may have been seen as just another attempt at the neo-Catholic establishment to pick on true Catholics, and most may have gotten a bit of a laugh out of it.  BUT, if the poster is accurate about you being a troller who has posted this elswhere, and other different names, then it seems that you are only doing this for some sick form of amusement or even to hurt others.  That's my two cents.  BUT, if you are a legit poster and the other poster is way off on his or her allegation, then... ha-ha, look at what the stupid neo-Caths think of true Catholics...ha-ha.

You didn't answer my question.

Why do some traditionally-minded Catholic find the spreadsheet and flowchart downright funny, other take all or parts of them with a grain of salt while others become angry and abusive?  It's not a loaded question -- I don't know the answer, but it does intrigue me.
I would say that it's because they're not very traditionally-minded catholics, or perhaps they don't identify with that term as whole-heartedly as those who were offended.  This forum does not by any means remain exclusive to traditional catholics.  In fact, I would venture a guess that most of the regular posters don't identify with the term "traditional catholic" at all.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 01:18 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: And don't act confused buster,,,the reason it is sinful was explained to you in no uncertain terms.    now you just have to wrestle with it for a while.

I don't have to wrestle with a darned thing.  I rejected your erroneous "explanation" as soon as I read it.  It's wrong.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Louis_Martin - 12-03-2009

[Image: Do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg]

One doesn't care for a thread so instead of staying clear they start chanting the troll mantra.  How ridiculous and intellectually cowardly is that?  :hmmm:

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Benno - 12-03-2009

Pretty ridiculous and cowardly, IMO. Couldn't care less who you are or what you stand for, but thanks for the laugh at how silly the whole thing can be, and for having the balls to put your opinion out there, right or wrong. "Sinful" indeed.  :laughing:

(12-03-2009, 04:07 AM)Benno Wrote: Pretty ridiculous and cowardly, IMO. Couldn't care less who you are or what you stand for, but thanks for the laugh at how silly the whole thing can be, and for having the balls to put your opinion out there, right or wrong. "Sinful" indeed.  :laughing:

It really was meant to be a joke...  The "sinful" diatribe was laughable -- if not in an uncomfortable, eerie sorta way way.  I honestly do wonder if it's a sin to lie about the Ordinary Form of the Mass in that manner?  I'm going to ask my confessor on Saturday afternoon.

The cries of "troll!" are sad.  It simply shows that some people cannot effectively take issue with what they disagree with so they try to destroy it.  That and their apparent lack of self control that keeps them from avoiding a single thread that offends them...  :pazzo: