FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! (/showthread.php?tid=32420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Joseph11 - 12-03-2009

(Original post deleted)

Shouldn't have posted that one either.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Historian - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 04:58 AM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-03-2009, 04:07 AM)Benno Wrote: Pretty ridiculous and cowardly, IMO. Couldn't care less who you are or what you stand for, but thanks for the laugh at how silly the whole thing can be, and for having the balls to put your opinion out there, right or wrong. "Sinful" indeed.  :laughing:

It really was meant to be a joke...  The "sinful" diatribe was laughable -- if not in an uncomfortable, eerie sorta way way.  I honestly do wonder if it's a sin to lie about the Ordinary Form of the Mass in that manner?  I'm going to ask my confessor on Saturday afternoon.

The cries of "troll!" are sad.  It simply shows that some people cannot effectively take issue with what they disagree with so they try to destroy it.  That and their apparent lack of self control that keeps them from avoiding a single thread that offends them...   :pazzo:

Why don't you just let the thread die and carry on? That is the course to take and it has been suggested (by me and others). Just stop posting on this instead of constantly digging a hole.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Scipio_a - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 01:38 AM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-03-2009, 01:18 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: And don't act confused buster,,,the reason it is sinful was explained to you in no uncertain terms.    now you just have to wrestle with it for a while.

I don't have to wrestle with a darned thing.  I rejected your erroneous "explanation" as soon as I read it.  It's wrong.

That's called wrestling!  LOL...and I already won.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - The_Harlequin_King - 12-03-2009

I hereby sentence this thread to death. Shut up, everybody.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-03-2009

(12-03-2009, 01:27 AM)Inion_Coinin Wrote: I would say that it's because they're not very traditionally-minded catholics, or perhaps they don't identify with that term as whole-heartedly as those who were offended.  This forum does not by any means remain exclusive to traditional catholics.  In fact, I would venture a guess that most of the regular posters don't identify with the term "traditional catholic" at all.

I suppose that might be the case -- I'm not sure really.  Such vitriol is very unbecoming of any Christian.  The whining about "trolls" is also lamentable.  Some seem to lack the self-control to avoid a thread they dislike and the ability to articulate their disagreement(s) so instead they start the troll mantra.  Strikes me as being both cowardly and mean-spirited.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-04-2009

(12-03-2009, 04:00 PM)Zakhur Wrote: Carnivore,

If you were trying to be funny, you might have picked something with humor that was more widely accessible.

To people who try very hard to habitually avoid the imprecisions contained in that flowchart and spreadsheet (because they take precision rather seriously), there's nothing really amusing about them except the fact that someone actually took the time to type up all of those imprecise ideas.

They mislead many, especially Catholics who think the Republican Party is the US political party to which they should belong and for whose candidates they should always vote.
"Imprecisions?"  Are you serious?  Someone here suggested that attending the Ordinary Form of the Mass is sinful.  Such a lie in itself is likely a sin.  Still the fact remains, some people found my original postings to be humerus, some took them with a grain of salt while others acted like spoiled children with crude mouths.  I'm curious about the differences is all...

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Joseph11 - 12-04-2009

(Original post deleted.)

Oops.

I forgot this thread was dead.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - Carnivore - 12-06-2009

(12-03-2009, 04:50 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: That's called wrestling!  LOL...and I already won.

Has nothing to do with "wrestling."

If you seriously believe that attending the Ordinary Form of the Mass is "sinful" then you hold a ludicrously erroneous belief.  One that would be instantly laughable (and/or lamentable) to most Catholics including Pope Benedict XVI.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - The_Harlequin_King - 12-06-2009

I interpreted the flowchart as having some truth, but is ultimately trad-bashing.

Seeing the recent insinuations of Gerard as a modernist elsewhere on the forum is effing ridiculous, though, and lends credence to the flowchart's general theme.

Re: The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL! - BrendanD - 12-06-2009

This place has become a conservative (and not so conservative) NO hang out.  The "I really like the Latin Mass but i choose go to the NO" crowd.