FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
New GIRM? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New GIRM? (/showthread.php?tid=32970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: New GIRM? - RalphKramden - 12-28-2009

(12-28-2009, 09:07 AM)Credo Wrote: What are people getting bent out of shape over? A dog wasn't kept on a leash, or who escaped from the rectory, wanders into a church and people are blaming the Missal of Paul VI? You can't be serious. Would you have the dog shot on the spot and called a Modernist?
I don't blame the Missal of Paul VI for this, just the damage that missal and it's wrongful interpretation/implementation has caused in the church. This isn't the norm though, not by my experience. But if it happens even once it's a shame.
I don't see how you can't get 'bent out of shape' over something like this. I'm much more 'bent out of shape' over that joke of a church than the dog, but I digress.

Re: New GIRM? - RalphKramden - 12-28-2009

(12-28-2009, 10:43 AM)Rosarium Wrote: I do not think this forum is the place for things like this.
I agree, this is supposed to be a trad forum, but since most of us are either trapped in NOland or obsessed with exposing/criticizing NOland they tend to creep in.

Re: New GIRM? - Historian - 12-28-2009

(12-28-2009, 10:58 AM)RalphKramden Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 10:43 AM)Rosarium Wrote: I do not think this forum is the place for things like this.
I agree, this is supposed to be a trad forum, but since most of us are either trapped in NOland or obsessed with exposing/criticizing NOland they tend to creep in.

I think some go way beyond what is remotely proper in their posts.

Re: New GIRM? - Credo - 12-28-2009

RalphKramden Wrote:I don't see how you can't get 'bent out of shape' over something like this.

I just don't see how a dog wandering into a church has any connection whatsoever to, "the damage that missal and it's wrongful interpretation/implementation has caused in the church." Am I missing something here?

If a bird ran into a window while a guy was saying the Luminous Mysteries, would Jo. Paul be criticized for the bird's demise?

Re: New GIRM? - Tim - 12-28-2009

Credo, how was that the Mass of Paul VI. It is not and I'll bet me and Laszlo and a handful of others here are the only ones that ever saw that Mass in real time. That was the Novus Ordo by Bishop Bugnini, circa 1970,  not Paul VI.
tim

Re: New GIRM? - Credo - 12-28-2009

timoose Wrote:Credo, how was that the Mass of Paul VI.

"Promulgation Of The Roman Missal Revised By Decree Of The Second Vatican Ecumenical Council," Paul VI - http://www.ewtn.com/library/papaldoc/p6missal.htm

Re: New GIRM? - SCG - 12-28-2009

Life is no fun unless we can blame everything on the Novus Ordo.

Re: New GIRM? - damooster - 12-28-2009

The previous pastor from my RCIA parish had a dog that would wander all over the place during Mass. It was not uncommon for the dog to sleep under the altar during Mass either.

Re: New GIRM? - Vetus Ordo - 12-28-2009

(12-28-2009, 10:40 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: It's unfair to say "The Novus Ordo Church in all its glory" because these things are liturgical abuses precisely because they go against the liturgical laws of the "Novus Ordo Church".

"Abuses"? Please, spare us. These travesties have been sanctioned by the Church for the past 40 years, they are no longer properly called "abuses" but they are de facto liturgical practices of the New Church. The New Church can have within its ranks priests that offer the TLM and priests that offer balloon masses and they are all in communion with one another. It's all just a big party! There's no problem with it or any conflict in their minds because everything is tacitly allowed, nothing is really condemned, just like in any protestant Church.

Re: New GIRM? - Vetus Ordo - 12-28-2009

(12-28-2009, 11:59 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Life is no fun unless we can blame everything on the Novus Ordo.

Life would be better if there was no Novus Ordo to begin with.