FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje (/showthread.php?tid=33004)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Beware_the_Ides - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 01:10 PM)glgas Wrote: The newer judge anyone is God's command
  I think there is a typo here.  Regardless, I'm not understanding your meaning.

(12-30-2009, 01:10 PM)glgas Wrote: Rom 2:1 Wherefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest.
  You're taking this out of context.  Read the second half of that verse and the next four that follow it.  What is being condemned here is hypocritical judgment, i.e condemning others for that which you think is okay for you to do.  This is something that is specifically addressed in the section of the essay I asked you to consider.

Read 1 Corinthians 5 in its entirety.  In regards to your earlier post of Jesus eating with sinners,
1 Corinthians 5:11 Wrote:But now I have written to you, not to keep company, if any man that is named a brother, be a fornicator, or covetous, or a server of idols, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner: with such a one, not so much as to eat.

(12-30-2009, 01:10 PM)glgas Wrote: The adversarie's not so secret misleading is: Never judge anything

One can and should judge principles, but never individuals. The judgement over individuals is left for Christ, and He will change anybody only at the end of one's life. The judgement over the world will be at the end of this world.

To follow what CK said, we're not only allowed to judge others, we must.  I ask you again, please read the essay.  It is very good.

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Augstine Baker - 12-30-2009

Don't know if my last post was deleted but Med is a fraud because it:

1. Promotes religious indifferentism and not infrequent heretical statements by the "seers".

2. The effusion of the messages after it was initially said there wouldn't be any more; they're almost daily and their putrid in their sickening sweetness.

3. The "seers" changed their stories after the fact.

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - glgas - 12-30-2009

1 Cor 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them that are without? Do not you judge them that are within? 13 For them that are without, God will judge. Put away the evil one from among yourselves.

Is Cardinal Schoenborn member of any traditional community (SSPX, FSSP, Institute of Christ, SSPV stc). If not, why do not read 1 Cor 5 in entirety, and let God judge him.

No group outside the Magisterium got authorization from God to judge in the name of the whole Church. I have no problem with that that e.g. the SSPX ousted some people in either side from their own rank, this is natural right to every community. The problem starts if you play God and want to out people from other ranks.

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Baskerville - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 10:46 AM)glgas Wrote: Christ himself was dining with sinners. The Pharisees rebuked him for that

Mark 2:16 And the scribes and the Pharisees, seeing that he ate with publicans and sinners, said to his disciples: Why doth your master eat and drink with publicans and sinners? 17 Jesus hearing this, saith to them: They that are well have no need of a physician, but they that are sick. For I came not to call the just, but sinners.

God is the judge over Cardinal Schonborn, not any of us.

Of his soul yes. We can still say he's a balloon Mass loving joke.

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - INPEFESS - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 01:12 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote:
(12-30-2009, 01:10 PM)glgas Wrote:
(12-30-2009, 11:00 AM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote: Perhaps you should read this: Three Secret Strategies of Satan to Destroy our Children, our Families, our Culture, and our Church
by Brother Ignatius Mary (a Hermit of St. Michael)

Here's the link - http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/index.php/topic,2421267.msg23142886.html#msg23142886

Pay particular attention to the section on judgment.

ETA:  If His Eminence wants to come over for dinner, I'll eat with him.   ;D

These three secret strategies are:

1. All opinions are equal
   2. Never judge anyone
   3. Never step on toes

The newer judge anyone is God's command

Rom 2:1 Wherefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest.

The adversarie's not so secret misleading is: Never judge anything

One can and should judge principles, but never individuals. The judgement over individuals is left for Christ, and He will change anybody only at the end of one's life. The judgement over the world will be at the end of this world.

False. We're allowed to judge the actions of individuals. We're not allowed to judge their souls.

Yes, thank you. Glgas, we have discussed this before. We are allowed to judge the sin; we are not allowed to judge the sinner. Saying "x" is a sin is not the same as saying that "y" is going to hell.

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Augstine Baker - 12-30-2009

+Schoborn will be lucky he isn't forced into early retirement at this rate.  He went to his father's Masonic funeral among other things.

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - unknown - 12-30-2009

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Baskerville - 12-30-2009

(12-30-2009, 09:36 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: +Schoborn will be lucky he isn't forced into early retirement at this rate.  He went to his father's Masonic funeral among other things.

Oh great so 9 out of 10 he's a Mason too. Just who we need for Papabili. The grand poobah of Austria.

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Vetus Ordo - 12-30-2009

The obvious question that remains, though, is why hasn't Cardinal Schönborn been removed from his duties yet.

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Baskerville - 12-31-2009

(12-30-2009, 11:40 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The obvious question that remains, though, is why hasn't Cardinal Schönborn been removed from his duties yet.
He doesnt promote the TLM.