FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje (/showthread.php?tid=33004)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - INPEFESS - 01-01-2010

(12-31-2009, 11:21 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: I believe he's a very evil man, and probably a freemason as well.

Well, we should be very careful what we believe about people without proof. I think believing that he is personally evil (without proof of it) is dangerous (in my opinion) and comes very close to a personal judgment, the sort of thing glgas warned about.

Would you agree?

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Augstine Baker - 01-01-2010

(01-01-2010, 05:51 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(12-31-2009, 11:21 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: I believe he's a very evil man, and probably a freemason as well.

Well, we should be very careful what we believe about people without proof. I think believing that he is personally evil (without proof of it) is dangerous (in my opinion) and comes very close to a personal judgment, the sort of thing glgas warned about.

Would you agree?

We discussed this thoroughly on the other thread about his court artist, Alfred Hrdlicka, whom he permitted to be buried with a Catholic memorial.. And although Hrdlicka is dead, his artwork still hangs in the Cathedral. Previously at an exhibit of his work, after numerous complaints about the art exhibit at the Dom Museum, one of the offending artworks was taken down, but the rest of the homosexual and deviant art remained up.  The Cardinal also lied when he said he wasn't familiarwith the artist.  After saying that, he went on to describe Hrdlicka's art in terms which demonstrated more than passing familiarity with the artist's work..

He also went to his father's Masonic funeral. 

(01-01-2010, 08:34 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Would you agree?

We discussed this thoroughly on the other thread about his court artist, Alfred Hrdlicka, whom he permitted to be buried with a Catholic memorial..

Evil.

Quote:And although Hrdlicka is dead, his artwork still hangs in the Cathedral.

Evil.

Quote:Previously at an exhibit of his work, after numerous complaints about the art exhibit at the Dom Museum, one of the offending artworks was taken down, but the rest of the homosexual and deviant art remained up. 

Evil.

Quote: The Cardinal also lied when he said he wasn't familiarwith the artist. 

Evil.

Quote:After saying that, he went on to describe Hrdlicka's art in terms which demonstrated more than passing familiarity with the artist's work..

Likely evil.

Quote:He also went to his father's Masonic funeral. 

Evil.

Quote:Cardinal Schonborn

Not necessarily. Believe me, I am no fan of his, nor a modernist, but what if all of our sins were exposed? Though I am not guilty of such public scandal, based on what sins I have committed, you might call me "evil", too.

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Augstine Baker - 01-01-2010

(01-01-2010, 08:54 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:

Would you agree?

We discussed this thoroughly on the other thread about his court artist, Alfred Hrdlicka, whom he permitted to be buried with a Catholic memorial..

Evil.

Evil.

Quote:Previously at an exhibit of his work, after numerous complaints about the art exhibit at the Dom Museum, one of the offending artworks was taken down, but the rest of the homosexual and deviant art remained up. 

Evil.

Evil.

Quote:After saying that, he went on to describe Hrdlicka's art in terms which demonstrated more than passing familiarity with the artist's work..

Likely evil.

Evil.

Not necessarily. Believe me, I am no fan of his, nor a modernist, but what if all of our sins were exposed? Though I am not guilty of such public scandal, based on what sins I have committed, you might call me "evil", too.

Are you a Clergyman?

(01-01-2010, 08:57 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Would you agree?

Evil.

Evil.

Evil.

Evil.

Likely evil.

Evil.

Are you a Clergyman?

Hardly.

I'm afraid I don't understand. How are we allowed to judge the personal culpability pertaining to 'evilness' of clergymen but not that of laymen? A soul is a soul, no?

(01-01-2010, 09:02 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:

Would you agree?

Evil.

Evil.

Evil.

Evil.

Likely evil.

Evil.

Are you a Clergyman?

Hardly.

I'm afraid I don't understand. How are we allowed to judge the personal culpability pertaining to 'evilness' of clergymen but not that of laymen? A soul is a soul, no?

Probably because I'm not pretending to be the Catholic spiritual leader of some 8 Million Austrians, and a papabile.  I'd like to see this man resign and be replaced by someone who is loyal and non-scandalous.

(01-01-2010, 09:23 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Would you agree?

Evil.

Evil.

Evil.

Evil.

Likely evil.

Evil.

Are you a Clergyman?

Hardly.

Probably because I'm not pretending to be the Catholic spiritual leader of some 8 Million Austrians, and a papabile.  I'd like to see this man resign and be replaced by someone who is loyal and non-scandalous.

Indeed, as would I. But how does this make him personally evil rather than just one who has performed many scandalous actions and made a lot of evil decisions?

(01-01-2010, 09:26 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(01-01-2010, 09:23 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Would you agree?

Evil.

Evil.

Evil.

Evil.

Likely evil.

Evil.

Are you a Clergyman?

Hardly.

Indeed, as would I. But how does this make him personally evil rather than just one who has performed many scandalous actions and made a lot of evil decisions?

It's a colloquialism, and the bible speaks of such people who are wicked and persecutors of the just.  If you want a layout of that, I guess we'd have to refer to a moral theologian, but since moral and theologian is such a mutually exclusive term these days, it would be nice to see him stripped of his office, defrocked, excommunicated and questioned and tried  by the Inquisition.  In the absence of all that, I'd like to see him retired without benefits like has happened to so many traditional and conservative priests who've been persecuted by their liberal Bishops.  Let him fend for himself in the Austrian dole, or preferably in an Austrian prison.

Re: Cardinal Schonborn offers mass/speaks at Medjugorje - Beware_the_Ides - 01-12-2010

And now he compares Medjugorje to Lourdes........

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=5144

::)