FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
7 Killed as gunmen shoot crowd at Coptic Church in Egypt. - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: 7 Killed as gunmen shoot crowd at Coptic Church in Egypt. (/showthread.php?tid=33209)

Pages: 1 2 3

7 Killed as gunmen shoot crowd at Coptic Church in Egypt. - brigadoon - 01-07-2010

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100107/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_egypt_christmas_attack

Three men in a car sprayed automatic gunfire into a crowd of churchgoers in southern Egypt as they left a midnight Mass for Coptic Christmas, killing at least seven people in a drive-by shooting, the church bishop and security officials said.

:pray2:

Re: 7 Killed as gunmen shoot crowd at Coptic Church in Egypt. - Vetus Ordo - 01-07-2010

Was the Muslim Brotherhood involved in this killings? One can only wonder.

Re: 7 Killed as gunmen shoot crowd at Coptic Church in Egypt. - Baskerville - 01-07-2010

(01-07-2010, 12:45 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Was the Muslim Brotherhood involved in this killings? One can only wonder.

Oh I am sure it was Mohams the scourge of the planet. :pray: :pray:

Re: 7 Killed as gunmen shoot crowd at Coptic Church in Egypt. - Vetus Ordo - 01-07-2010

(01-07-2010, 01:23 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(01-07-2010, 12:45 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Was the Muslim Brotherhood involved in this killings? One can only wonder.

They are indeed a plague. Nevertheless, the Muslim Brotherhood is a specific organization that promotes fanaticism and terror.

Re: 7 Killed as gunmen shoot crowd at Coptic Church in Egypt. - Baskerville - 01-07-2010

(01-07-2010, 01:44 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

They are indeed a plague. Nevertheless, the Muslim Brotherhood is a specific organization that promotes fanaticism and terror.

Are these particular practitioners of the religion of peace based in Egypt.

(01-07-2010, 01:46 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(01-07-2010, 01:44 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

Are these particular practitioners of the religion of peace based in Egypt.

Is that a question? Yes, they are an international movement but they were founded in Egypt. You can read a bit more about them in the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_brotherhood

Speaking of which, Baskerville, I've been on a muslim forum lately (http://www.ummah.com/forum/index.php) posting things about Christianity. Honestly, I had already forgotten how wicked and depraved that religion is. Those people are in serious, serious error. It's hard to describe the whole feeling to it but you get it as soon as you become acquainted with their rhetoric and logic. They're a rather difficult lot to debate with since their whole worldview is not open to anything that is not incredibly biased towards Islam or just simply childish Islamic propaganda. I mean, it saddens me to see so many souls trapped in there, including former catholics!

We must do something. I've been thinking about this for a long time. I know that the lay apostolate and debating with infidels is frown upon with just reasons but I see this as an opportunity to bear witness to the truth. Islam is weak if you get to know its history, theology and claims. All these misled people converting to Islam don't know where they are getting themselves into and no-one is stopping them or giving them any help. There are some protestants and atheists there, I've noticed, but they will probably fall prey to Mohammedanism rather than convert any of them. Since we can't be killed by internet - Shariah law demands proselytes and apostates to be killed - we have an unprecedented opportunity to bear witness to Christ and His Church to many a muslim if we know just how to. It's useless to go there and simply discredit Islam or Muhammad (we get banned) but I believe that, at least with a few of them, it can be possible to bring them to the truth through rational and clear exposition of doctrine and of history and, of course, by the grace of God.

I was wondering if you or any of the other posters around here could join me there in order for us to have a decent representation. Yes, I am asking you in a spirit of Mission and Crusade.

Re: 7 Killed as gunmen shoot crowd at Coptic Church in Egypt. - Cyriacus - 01-07-2010

There is so much terrible news for Christians out of Egypt these days. Young women are routinely abducted, even with the help of the Muslim-dominated police services, and pressured to renounce Christ and marry Muslim men. Rioting ensues against whole Christian communities, destroying storefronts and terrorizing homes, whenever a single Christian is accused, even without evidence, of blasphemy or of sexual misconduct against a Muslim.

Hostility against Christians has a prominent place in the culture. As reported by the AP, many Muslims in Egypt have responded to the "Jesus Fish" bumper stickers popular among Copts with their own bumper stickers: a Muslim shark devouring the Ichthys.

http://www.comeandsee.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=508

Quote:"All I wanted to say is that I am a Christian, kind of expressing my Coptic identity," said 25-year-old Miriam Greiss, who has a fish sticker on her car. "I think choosing a shark doesn't make sense, as if someone is saying, `I am a violent, bloody creature, look at me."'

Emad, a Muslim, laughed when asked about the competing symbols but was unapologetic about the two shark stickers on his car.

"The Christians had the fish so we responded with the shark. If they want to portray themselves as weak fishes, OK. We are the strongest," said Emad, who would give only his first name.

Why are articles so hesitant to say who is killing the Christians? When it comes to the murder of Christians, the media is always noncommital. Rather than seeing "Muslim rioters murder Christians" in the headlines we always see "Christians killed as tensions erupt into violence." With very few exceptions, it is never the Christians erupting into violence, and "tension" is a euphemism for persecution.

St. Mark, St. Anthony the Great, St. Athanasius, St. Mary of Egypt, St. Pachomius, pray for Egypt!

Re: 7 Killed as gunmen shoot crowd at Coptic Church in Egypt. - Gizmo - 01-07-2010

Vetus:  Dealing with so many of the muslims on a rational basis is nearly impossible.  I was in Pensacola training Kuwaitis and Iranians while in the USN before the fall of the Shah and it was an education for me as well as them..  In general, they were terrible pilots.  Perhaps it was since the most complicated thing they had seen before coming to the USA was a light switch.  The stories are many, varied, and funny about their ariel antics, and they will never compete with us on a straight up battle.  After all the difficulties in performing the required maneuvers, and all the excuses were exposed for what they were, it was simply "It was the will of Allah!".  How do you deal with that?  So here are our bureaucrats trying to engage these people on a certain intellectual level!!?  gg

Re: 7 Killed as gunmen shoot crowd at Coptic Church in Egypt. - Tim - 01-07-2010

Gizmo, that is exactly the deal with 'em. Their allah is capricious. Every outcome is controlled him. Strike a match and it is allah, if it doesn't light it's allah. They are antithetical to logic. This is why they never had any civilization except where they had Jews or Catholics had done their thinking for them. I have an acquaintance, a neighbor of my youngest brother. He is a Doctor and a Mohammedan, educated by Catholic Schools and University. He has been around Catholics in his schooling and works for a Catholic Hospital. He spews the most insane bizarre opinions about Catholics, and especially Jesuits, I have ever heard. Insane and Bizarre !!! Case Closed.
tim

(01-07-2010, 02:07 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I was wondering if you or any of the other posters around here could join me there in order for us to have a decent representation. Yes, I am asking you in a spirit of Mission and Crusade.

Deus Volt! sure I'll try to help out it may be the only crusade we'll get the Church certainly isnt interested in saving Muslim Souls. I wouldnt know where to start though. I dont know enough about Islam(at least not enough to debate finer points in doctrine) so give me some time to research and I'll sign up.