FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
How was your ash wednesday? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: How was your ash wednesday? (/showthread.php?tid=34100)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: How was your ash wednesday? - Satori - 02-18-2010

(02-18-2010, 11:38 AM)HotRod Wrote: I came to bed at 12:45, and my wife asked what I was doing up so late, I said, playing Xbox and eating.  She laughed.  Ddint want my grumbling stomach to keep us awake  :laughing:

She can laugh -- she didn't have to fast, did she?

Re: How was your ash wednesday? - HotRod - 02-18-2010

no, she is pregnant.  She was craving a soda that she never drank though.

Re: How was your ash wednesday? - Mommie2Boys - 02-18-2010

(02-18-2010, 12:37 PM)HotRod Wrote: no, she is pregnant.  She was craving a soda that she never drank though.

My husband teases me alot about not having to fast or abstain.  :laughing: I think since I've turned 21, I've fasted all of one Lent. All the others I've been either pregnant or nursing.

Re: How was your ash wednesday? - Satori - 02-18-2010

It has occured to me that healthy, fertile, married Catholic women probably don't have to do much fasting since they often spend so much time either pregnant or breastfeeding. A few years of fasting when childbearing years are over, and BANG! She's too old to fast! THAT must be why traditional Catholic women have so many babies! They like to eat!

Re: How was your ash wednesday? - Pilgrim - 02-18-2010

(02-18-2010, 01:41 PM)Satori Wrote: THAT must be why traditional Catholic women have so many babies! They like to eat!
Gee, I thought it was because they liked sex...  ;D

Re: How was your ash wednesday? - Mommie2Boys - 02-18-2010

(02-18-2010, 02:08 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(02-18-2010, 01:41 PM)Satori Wrote: THAT must be why traditional Catholic women have so many babies! They like to eat!
Gee, I thought it was because they liked sex...  ;D

:laughing: :rofl:  :laughing: :rofl:

Re: How was your ash wednesday? - HotRod - 02-18-2010

Thats my excuse, my wife claims different motivators. 

Re: How was your ash wednesday? - Petertherock - 02-18-2010

Up until I went to confession today I had a lousy Ash Wednesday and a lousy week or so. Hopefully now that I made a good confession I can get on track.

Re: How was your ash wednesday? - DesperatelySeeking - 02-18-2010

(02-17-2010, 09:35 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Terrible I went to Mass at the Liberal Church as it was the only one I could get to in time after work was done and the Priest gave a homily about how we should repent of our xenaphobia regarding illegal immigrants and he read the Cali Bishops "Green Lent" letter saying it was a great idea. I got up and left so no cimmunion or ashes for me. This is officially my last time I step foot in a conciliar church I'll stay at home and read through my missal when the SSPX or SSPV is unavailable. Damned New Church and their fruity Priests. :chainsaw:

Baskerville, I am totally with you.  We go to Latin NO Sundays, but all the holy day masses are pure modernist crap.  Got my ashes from a laywoman instead of the priest.  Never mind the fat, yodeling guitar player wearing some kind of evangelical "Holy Spirit" blue t-shirt.  I just love attending Mass and leaving seething with disgust.

And on a related subject....our parish offered 3 "ash services" during the day?  What IS that?  If it's not a Mass, it can't fulfill the obligation?  Why bother....just for the ashes?  Anyone else have this going on?

Re: How was your ash wednesday? - CanadianCatholic - 02-18-2010

My Ash Wednesday was lovely! My baby got baptized and I got my ashes, as did he, for his first time! Funny thing, this baby was baptized Ash Wednesday, my last one, my first son, was born Holy Thursday, and Baptized Easter Sunday! LOL