FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Benedict XVI to Visit Lutheran Church in Rome [WHY!!!!???] - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Benedict XVI to Visit Lutheran Church in Rome [WHY!!!!???] (/showthread.php?tid=34150)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Benedict XVI to Visit Lutheran Church in Rome [WHY!!!!???] - SaintRafael - 02-19-2010

(02-19-2010, 05:15 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I'm cautiously optimistic which might seem naive, and fair enough.  But condemning everything before he opens his mouth seems like the other extreme to me.

The whole point is that he is walking into a heretical church. No Pope should ever step foot into a Protestant church. There is a reason why Popes since the reformation have never done it.

Re: Benedict XVI to Visit Lutheran Church in Rome [WHY!!!!???] - DarkKnight - 02-19-2010

Maybe he's doing it as his Lenten penance, trying to carry the lamp of Christ into the darkened halls of Christian communities. :shrug:

Re: Benedict XVI to Visit Lutheran Church in Rome [WHY!!!!???] - Baskerville - 02-19-2010

(02-19-2010, 12:11 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(02-19-2010, 11:41 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Why? Because Benedict the XVI is a Modernist through and through. He believes in a one world ecumenical kumbaya Church. Sure he likes the NO to have smells and bells but he's still a modernist the synthesis of all heresies.

Modernism is a heresy. To accuse the Pope of heresy requires more than your judgement Do not violate Church law if you are a Catholic. If you are not a Catholic, what does it matter to you?

Are you blind?  Lets see maybe because the Pope is going into a Lutheran Church, last month a Synagogue, his first year a Mosque all of which Catholics are forbidden to do unless its under extreme circumstances. And for feel good fuzzy feelings arent extreme enough. Then you have his last Encyclical which was nothing more than a call for a New World Order. You have his attitude to the Mass. All Masses TLM or the new Protestant one are welcome.

Re: Benedict XVI to Visit Lutheran Church in Rome [WHY!!!!???] - Baskerville - 02-19-2010

Give me reasons he's not a modernist.

Re: Benedict XVI to Visit Lutheran Church in Rome [WHY!!!!???] - DarkKnight - 02-19-2010

(02-19-2010, 06:26 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Give me reasons he's not a modernist.
The Motu Proprio; sacking JPII's MC; opening discussions with the SSPX; smacking down Schoernborn ....

(02-19-2010, 06:30 PM)DarkKnight Wrote:
The Motu Proprio; sacking JPII's MC; opening discussions with the SSPX; smacking down Schoernborn ....

Okay but for every one of those steps foreward he takes a step back. He IS slowly getting better I wont deny that but why go do an ecumenical funny dance in a Protty Church? At least he isnt JPII. I'll give ya that.

(02-19-2010, 03:35 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Koran or takes Lutheran Communion, I'll flip out. 

How about giving communion to that Dude that was in charge of the Taize circus?

(02-19-2010, 03:35 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: My guess is worst case he'll make some PC speech about Christian Unity which would confuse people about indifferentism. 

But thats part of modernism.

(02-19-2010, 06:34 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(02-19-2010, 06:30 PM)DarkKnight Wrote:

Okay but for every one of those steps foreward he takes a step back. He IS slowly getting better I wont deny that but why go do an ecumenical funny dance in a Protty Church? At least he isnt JPII. I'll give ya that.
At least he didn't kiss the Quran in Turkey, he just maintained a Benedictine attitude during the Imam's prayers.

Re: Benedict XVI to Visit Lutheran Church in Rome [WHY!!!!???] - Anastasia - 02-19-2010

But those are nothing more than interpretations based on your own personal opinion.  All right then, give actual evidence that the Pope teaches heresy. Heresy is a serious charge; even though the charge is thrown around all the time doesn't remove the seriousness. Think about what it is you are doing. You are accusing the sucessor of St Peter of a grave sin, one which in the opinion of some theologians, puts him outside the Church. So you need to be very sure, and you need to be able to back up a statement like that.  Saying "prove that he's not"  doesn't work because a) you can't prove a negative, and b) he's not in a court where there is a presumption of guilt.