FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Any Good News!. - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Any Good News!. (/showthread.php?tid=34888)

Pages: 1 2 3

Any Good News!. - bkovacs - 03-22-2010

This has been a pretty lousy week for the Roman Catholic Church as a whole. First the pedophilia charges ranging in the hundreds from Ireland through Europe, against priests and religious from the 50's through today. Possibly causing millions of Catholics to leave the Church. We haven't heard from France yet. That may be the bombshell. Now the Heath Care Bill in America was just passed. Any Good News on the Catholic front!. Easter is going to be pretty grim!.  :(

Re: Any Good News!. - Steven - 03-22-2010

On Friday, during the Via Crucis, we had two cantors (contradictio in terminis?) vested in cassock and cotta who sang Dubois' Adoramus Te, Christe at the beginning of each station.  Halfway through, the faithful in the pews were singing along with us.  Is that good news? :)

Easter cannot be grim!  The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared unto Simon!  No matter what else may be happening in the world, cling to that fact and rejoice!

In Christo Rege,
    -Steven

Edited slightly.

Re: Any Good News!. - Tommy-the-Fish - 03-22-2010

My Happy Thought

We will be having our Latin Mass at my Parish of St Joseph Church on Divine Mercy Sunday. (Scheduling conflict at St Anthony's).  We may even pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet.  Our numbers seem to be slowly but steadily growing. :)

Quando onmi fluncus moritati.

Re: Any Good News!. - Historian - 03-22-2010

The SSPX rosary crusade is ending in a few day's time and the Holy Father is going to Fatima (in May i heard)... and so far the rosary crusades have always got a positive response from heaven =D

And God will win in the end, and Our Lady will triumph, even if half the roof over the Vatican falls and some anti-Catholic bill gets passed

Re: Any Good News!. - matthew_talbot - 03-22-2010

I shot a whole mess of squirrels and rabbits yesterday..A neighbor and I both got our limit..Freezer is full to the brim with game..

Re: Any Good News!. - glgas - 03-22-2010

(03-22-2010, 02:27 AM)bkovacs Wrote: This has been a pretty lousy week for the Roman Catholic Church as a whole. First the pedophilia charges ranging in the hundreds from Ireland through Europe, against priests and religious from the 50's through today. Possibly causing millions of Catholics to leave the Church. We haven't heard from France yet. That may be the bombshell. Now the Heath Care Bill in America was just passed. Any Good News on the Catholic front!. Easter is going to be pretty grim!.  :(

France probably is set aside for the light possibility , that the SSPX members would ask for removal of their suspension, and then they will be attacked by full power.

Te passage of the health care bill is quite imperfect (no National insurance, no substantial tax for the luxury coverages, no provision to limit the abuses related to the liability and intellectual propertry) but still starting. The Stupak compromise (executive order to keep the Hyde amendment)  is victory even for the sincere pro lifers, it is defeat only for the Republican Political Action Committees. 

Re: Any Good News!. - Historian - 03-22-2010

Words from St. Teresa of Avila, Doctor of the Church:

Let nothing trouble you, let nothing make you afraid.
All things pass away.
God never changes.
Patience obtains everything.
God alone is enough.

Words from St. Thomas More, Martyr

Tribulation is a gift from God-----one that he especially gives His special friends.

Words from St. Rose of Lima, Virgin

Without the burden of afflictions it is impossible to reach the height of grace. The gift of grace increases as the struggle increases.

Words from Jesus Christ, Saviour

And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Re: Any Good News!. - FHM310 - 03-22-2010

(03-22-2010, 02:27 AM)bkovacs Wrote: Any Good News on the Catholic front!.

Well, it's not news, but God still loves us, and He is still in charge.      :)

Re: Any Good News!. - Heinrich - 03-22-2010

(03-22-2010, 07:14 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: I shot a whole mess of squirrels and rabbits yesterday..A neighbor and I both got our limit..Freezer is full to the brim with game..

.22, .410, ? Just curious. Sounds like fun. How late do those seasons go where you at?

Re: Any Good News!. - Texican - 03-22-2010

The snow is melting.