FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Are we headed for schism - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Are we headed for schism (/showthread.php?tid=35454)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Are we headed for schism - SinfullyLate - 04-12-2010

(04-11-2010, 05:12 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: he's a fisheaters regular

Seriously?

Re: Are we headed for schism - voxxpopulisuxx - 04-12-2010

(04-12-2010, 10:48 PM)SinfullyLate Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 05:12 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: he's a fisheaters regular

Seriously?
I think its DarkNight but I might be mistaken

Re: Are we headed for schism - Gizmo - 04-13-2010

Yes we are in schism; there is no doubt.  And 'Scipio', what is "ultra conservative"?  ....that you really believe in what you believe, or you can dilute it, or perhaps unalienable rights are not so unalienable after all, or you believe in the apostolic tradition, or some other version is ok, or 'quo primum' means something other than what it says or centuries of our mass can be changed into a banal, happy little Sunday social event where "many unto the remission of sins" suddenly becomes "all...' or where a man was struck dead for just trying to steady the ark of the covenant, but some can presume to touch what is the real body of Christ?    And you LittleR ... that you are vulnerable to the 'assault from the ultra-rightists and from the sedes?'  How about all those children who were assaulted from the evil band of merry men connected to this group of conspirators?  Good luck defending this group!  Horrible!  gg

Re: Are we headed for schism - littlerose - 04-13-2010

(04-13-2010, 12:26 AM)Gizmo Wrote: Yes we are in schism; there is no doubt.  And 'Scipio', what is "ultra conservative"?  ....that you really believe in what you believe, or you can dilute it, or perhaps unalienable rights are not so unalienable after all, or you believe in the apostolic tradition, or some other version is ok, or 'quo primum' means something other than what it says or centuries of our mass can be changed into a banal, happy little Sunday social event where "many unto the remission of sins" suddenly becomes "all...' or where a man was struck dead for just trying to steady the ark of the covenant, but some can presume to touch what is the real body of Christ?    And you LittleR ... that you are vulnerable to the 'assault from the ultra-rightists and from the sedes?'  How about all those children who were assaulted from the evil band of merry men connected to this group of conspirators?  Good luck defending this group!  Horrible!  gg

I don't understand your post, particularly with regards to me. could you elaborate?

Re: Are we headed for schism - Vetus Ordo - 04-13-2010

(04-11-2010, 05:12 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 03:52 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 11:09 AM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: Food for thought.

Good points.

I wonder how this guy has never become truly traditional.

he's a fisheaters regular

I didn't know that.

What's his screenname, if I may ask?

Re: Are we headed for schism - Tim - 04-13-2010

As far as Michael Voris, it might explain why I suddenly find his videos in my in box regularly.

As for the schism and the different "types" of Catholics, Pope Benedict said we may need to get smaller. I think he is speaking to the de facto split. He has been slowly but surely going toward righting (not politically) the Church, and I think with his repeated use of the word "wolves" is signaling that before too long he will "draw the line", and either you are in or you are out.This will go for Liberals and Conservatives alike.

The SSPX "talks" and the push by them, and Fr. Gruner's continued push for the Consecration, and with the World hunting him down like a dog, will bring him to release the third secret, in the hope that it's release will save many. He will probably leave the Consecration to the next Pope.

Unlike the consensus here, I don't think most of the folks that left immediately after Vatican II were liberals or some other such thing. I think some but not all, especially in the first wave. The liberals stayed.  Further I think the Pope realises this and wants them back. I think He understands that the SSPX is the lynch pin in the return to tradition. The others like FSSP and ICK and the Canons of St. John Cantius, et al, are all well and good but the SSPX is the one from the start.

Last but not least we do ourselves harm when we describe ourselves as any kind of conservative, as if it describes orthodoxy. Jesus was at times liberal and at times conservative, but these are qualifiers of the World, and not for Catholics. Jesus Christ is Truth, and the Republicans and the Democrat, especially the current Democrats,  are something different.

The return of the Church to it's rightful position will not be by Conservatism but through Orthodoxy and Orthopraxy of the Faith.
tim

Re: Are we headed for schism - crusaderfortruth3372 - 04-13-2010

What would be the position of the SSPV if the Pope suddenly and deliberately aloud wider use of the 1955 Missal and then lifted the de facto excommunications of  Bishop Kelly and Bishop Santay  and assigned them to one of the Arch Dioceses?? I'm assuming they would decline??

Re: Are we headed for schism - mike6240 - 04-13-2010

(04-13-2010, 11:01 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: What would be the position of the SSPV if the Pope suddenly and deliberately aloud wider use of the 1955 Missal and then lifted the de facto excommunications of  Bishop Kelly and Bishop Santay  and assigned them to one of the Arch Dioceses?? I'm assuming they would decline??

The Mass is only one part of the problem.  It's doctrinal too.  Most traditionalists I've spoken with say the Mass is a very important part of the dispute but not the only dispute.  Doctrinally, Vat. II was a disaster.  Liturgically, the NO is a disaster.  Nothing less than the full condemnation of the Vatican II Council and the full abolition of the Novus Ordo Missae will suffice to rid the Church of the current heresy.  Once this is done, only then can  discussions begin to heal the Church of the apostasy infecting It.

Re: Are we headed for schism - Deusdark - 04-13-2010

To answer... we're not heading for a schism... it's already here.

The NO, as it is performed majority of the time, is incorrect and near heretical.  (Case example, the Masses done during this years Religious Congress in Los Angeles just recently)

They had liturgical dancers during a Mass, more than half the alter servers were female.  All the vessels for the wine were clear, including the chalice See.

We are in need of change. 

Re: Are we headed for schism - voxxpopulisuxx - 04-13-2010

(04-13-2010, 05:14 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 05:12 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 03:52 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 11:09 AM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: Food for thought.

Good points.

I wonder how this guy has never become truly traditional.

he's a fisheaters regular

I didn't know that.

What's his screenname, if I may ask?
I think its darknight