FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? (/showthread.php?tid=36061)

Pages: 1 2 3

Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - salus - 05-04-2010

When you hear a Catholic bishop speak why does he hem and haw when he discusses the faith and why is there never a Yes is Yes , No is No answer? I believe the majority of these bishops arent really believers in jesus Christ or are effimnate cowards who are afraid to preach the hard sayings especially the absolute neccessity of accepting Jesus as the savior and entering the only church he started, the Catholic church.When is the last time you heard a catholic bishop say if you dont believe Jesus is the savior your headed to hell. If they dont believe it dont take the job. disgusted!!!!

Re: Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - trident59 - 05-04-2010

Ya know, I feel the same way. I know we aren't supposed to "attack" our Bishops, but some of them don't have enough backbone to support a jellyfish let alone defend the faith.

Re: Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - glgas - 05-04-2010

It is noteworthy, that such accusation is made without any details.

What hem and haw's says the Pope, the bishop of Roma usually? What does Cardinal George use to say?

Re: Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - Credo - 05-04-2010

salus Wrote:When you hear a Catholic bishop speak why does he hem and haw when he discusses the faith and why is there never a Yes is Yes , No is No answer?

There are over 5,000 bishops in the world, which ones are you talking about?

Quote:I believe the majority of these bishops arent really believers in jesus Christ or are effimnate cowards

Where does one ever begin with something like this?...

Quote:When is the last time you heard a catholic bishop say if you dont believe Jesus is the savior your headed to hell. If they dont believe it dont take the job. disgusted!!!!

Considering that a very small number of Christians even come into contact with a bishop even on an annual basis, let alone regularly analysis and compare bishops' sermons, yours is a difficult - nay, impossible - question to answer. Given the tone, one hesitates to give a serious answer.

Re: Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - Baskerville - 05-04-2010

(05-04-2010, 08:36 PM)Credo Wrote:
salus Wrote:When you hear a Catholic bishop speak why does he hem and haw when he discusses the faith and why is there never a Yes is Yes , No is No answer?

There are over 5,000 bishops in the world, which ones are you talking about?

Credo's right there are alot of Bishops I'd say its only 1/3 that are complete apostates.

Re: Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - Heinrich - 05-04-2010

Maybe the OP had the USCCB in mind.

Re: Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - Baskerville - 05-05-2010

(05-04-2010, 10:30 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Maybe the OP had the USCCB in mind.

Oh if thats the case then yes 95% are apostates.

Re: Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - JCCMADD - 05-05-2010

Some are some are not----REMEMBER- THE  bishop of Rome have no power here, attitude is said by many ,but under this  good Pope,  They may be thinking it but I dear said will actually dear not say it.

Re: Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - JonW - 05-05-2010

This reminds me of a question: is it lawful or licit or moral to discuss the failings of a particular bishop regarding his positions on te Church, etc.?

Re: Are Catholic Bishops in Apostasy? - JayneK - 05-05-2010

(05-05-2010, 11:21 AM)JonW Wrote: This reminds me of a question: is it lawful or licit or moral to discuss the failings of a particular bishop regarding his positions on te Church, etc.?

To reveal the sins of another so as to damage his reputation is the sin of detraction unless there is an objectively valid reason to do so.  If a bishop is objectively guilty of heresy it is for the good of the Church to reveal this and it is therefore a moral act.