FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Male, 24, Virginia - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Corner Pub (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Meetings: Friendship, Hanging Out, or Dating (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Male, 24, Virginia (/showthread.php?tid=36134)

Pages: 1 2

Male, 24, Virginia - 3Sanctus - 05-07-2010

Name: Steve
      Sex:  Male
      Age as of posting date:  24
      Birthdate:  October 21, 1985
      Patron Saint by Confirmation:  Andrew, the Apostle
      Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; rape; past sins, etc. No need to enter details here! Just list number of children you care for):  Zero
      Would you relocate if you met the right person?  Possibly, but since I work for a family business it would take something pretty big to make the move worth it for my future family.
      EF, SSPX, both, or other?  EF, not against SSPX in theory I've just never attended any of their Masses.
      Novus Ordo if that's all there is?  Yes.
      Introvert or extravert?  Uhh...yes?  While I need my "me" (prayer and reading) time, I can also be very out-going and love being around people.  I'm rather balanced overall, and it's a relatively natural cycle sort of thing.
      Keirsey personality type:  Idealist NF
      Ethnic heritage:  German, French; Southern
      Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant?  No.
      Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this?  I'm kind of old-fashioned in thinking that the man should be older than the woman, but this isn't a big deal to me one way or they other as long as it isn't a big difference in maturity.  The biggest issue for me would be the ability to have children (I want a big family).
      In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP?  Questionably...if there were true NEED, then I would be willing to discuss it with a legitimately moral priest.  In other words, I'm not for using it so my future wife and I could have more money to spend on frivolous things or because one of us is tired of children or some such business.
      What would the headship of the husband look like in your idea home?  The husband is in charge and makes final decisions if someone has to put their foot down.  The biggest thing is that husband and wife must not contradict each other (especially in front of the children) and must legitimately work together.  Sort of a blend of a democracy and a monarchy, I suppose...and remember that behind any man is a strong woman.  Realistically, I've tended to be a bit of a push-over with women I care about (like my mother) and would probably only be demanding on issues I found important to the salvation of my family or on money issues since that can have such a huge bearing on the general well-being of a family.  I'm sure I'll always be in need of a wife that can light a fire under my butt, though - I want a strong woman for my wife, not a weak girl (not that I'm not caring, but I can't stand drama and people who can't deal with basic life issues without crying on someone's shoulder all the time).

How do you feel about women working outside the home?  If it's necessary we can discuss it.  My parents divorced when I was young and I will not have my children left alone at home if it can be avoided.
      How do you feel about women in pants?  I dislike them, but more because of the lack of charity it shows toward weak-willed men than because of the lack of femininity.
      Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you?  The one I worry about most is lust, though most issues with sin in general have a lot to do with pride causing us to think we know better than God or are strong enough to not need to avoid a particular near occasion of sin.
      What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes?  I can tend to want to have a pity party for myself once in a while (hence the possible need for a woman to light a fire under my butt).  I can be discouraged easily at times and can be a bit defeatist about myself.
      What are the most important things you desire in a spouse?  Faithfulness to me and God are number one (I don't think I could handle a divorce, and not just because of the religious issues).  I think I would do best with someone who is caring and compassionate, willing to listen to me gripe when necessary, but who won't hesitate to light a fire under my butt when that's necessary and tell me I'm being ridiculous when I am.  Someone who is good with routine would definitely be good, because I can tend to be better at starting something than continuing it on schedule.
      Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse:  Anything that would give me the feeling of infidelity or violence (physical or emotional) toward me or my children. 
      What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex?  To be more demanding on the things that really do matter and to keep the lines of communication as open as possible - talk about as much as possible so both parties always feel like they know what's going on.
      Political ideals:  The government ought to leave people alone and people ought to stand up to the plate more.  Obviously very pro-life.  I'm basically a Republican according to that party's ideals, but I stay away from politics.
      Education:  BA in philosophy with a minor in English
      Employment:  Family business - insurance brokerage firm
      Health:  No real issues.  I've gained some weight in the past few months that I'm trying to lose.
      Allergies:  Seasonal and cats.  Sometimes other animals bother me, but cats are the most usual issue.
      Smoke?  Used to.  Not against occasionally smoking hookah or a cigar or pipe, but this certainly isn't a hobby of mine at this point and isn't something I'd have a problem not doing.  Oh, and I think the idea of exposing children to smoke is criminal.
      Drink?  Yes, occasionally.  Mostly socially, though I do enjoy good wine or beer.  Not one to just drink though, there has to be a reason.  And I'm not a fan of getting drunk or anything - no wild parties.
      Night owl or morning lark?  Lately more of a morning lark.  Depends on what's going on in my life, though if I had no job I'd probably stay up all night.
      How messy or disorganized are you?  Decently messy, but not dirty.  Things don't look neat all the time (though I straighten up for company), but they're not dirty.  I'm better at cleaning than keeping things clean, if you catch my meaning.
      What makes you laugh?  I have a rather dry sense of humor.  Though I don't really watch much television anymore, I do like King of the Hill.  I like Monty Python and Mel Brooks.  I also like cartoons like Sponge Bob once in a while.
      What are the little things that please or delight you?  I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic, lol.  I like when people recognize/congratulate me for something I'm proud of having done or when a trait I value shines through.  I like feeling appreciated for just being me.  I like knowing that the people I care about care about me - about who I am.
      What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you actually will be doing  given your gifts and goals?  If I get married, then I hope to be raising a happy, healthy, Catholic family with the love of my life and working to provide that sort of lifestyle for my wife and children.  If I don't end up married, then I will probably have at least considered a vocation to the religious life, which I have looked into before.  If I win the lottery and am single I will probably spend the rest of my life traveling and/or in universities.
      Intellectual interests:  Philosophy, Eastern Catholicism, history, fantasy (Lord of the Rings!), history of language, sociology, psychology.
      Hobbies:  Frisbee golf!  Playing pool is always fun.  I'm a big fan of just walking, especially in natural settings.  I haven't done it in a bit, but I'd like to get back to camping (I'm an Eagle Scout and loved the time I spent in Scouting).  Darts are fun.  I really enjoy just talking to people, whether it's in the quiet of a living room or over a pint at the Irish pub near my house.
      Talents: what are you good at?  I'm generally good at reading people.  I'm better at using my noodle than my hands, though I"m always willing to help.  I apparently have a knack for interior design and colors and such (my mother makes me help her with all that mess).  I'm generally good at helping people compromise.
      Top 5 Favorite books of all time:  Lord of the Rings, definitely!  Way of the Pilgrim, the Philokalia (I have the first two volumes)...did I mention I can be a little indecisive?...
      The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?:  Way of the Pilgrim (re-read), Wizard's First Rule, Rise and Fall of the Catholic Church in America (no, it's not anti-Catholic and while the author isn't a traditionalist to my knowledge lots of what he says would be agreed with in the tank), some books on gardening and such.
      Music you actually listen to most often:  Not much...more of a passive listener at best.  I usually sing to myself in the car.
      Favorite movies/TV shows:  Star Wars, King of the Hill, cartoons in general, Lord of the Rings
      Favorite foods:  Sushi, Italian (baked ziti!), Mexican.  I'm really not picky, I"ll eat pretty much anything and probably like it.
      Serious pet peeves:  Stubborn people and hypocrites.  People who have such open minds their brains are falling out or are so blind they can't see what's going on around them.
      Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with:  No pets now.  I could put up with pretty much any pet, but I do feel it's wrong to have animals without enough space to let them do their thing, so to speak.  I absolutely love dogs, but wouldn't have one without a very big yard.
      Idea of a romantic evening:  On a date?  Eating out and going for a walk in the park/at the oceanfront.  Married?  Having a candlelit dinner and snuggling in front of the fire place (real fire, I hate all that gas nonsense...).

Re: Male, 24, Virginia - 3Sanctus - 05-07-2010

I'm retarded...can someone tell me how to post a picture on here?  ROFL

Re: Male, 24, Virginia - Iolanthe - 05-11-2010

You can post a link to a picture online, highlight it, and press the "insert image" button (second from left.)

Re: Male, 24, Virginia - 3Sanctus - 05-15-2010

[Image: 3152_1047487798704_1570950084_30130696_5152091_n.jpg]

Couldn't find a recent picture of me by myself, so this year-old picture of me with an old friend will have to do.  I'm obviously the guy...

Re: Male, 24, Virginia - Ravenonthecross - 06-14-2010

Thread FAIL. :fish:

Re: Male, 24, Virginia - DeiMateralma - 06-15-2010

The OP would be almost perfect--except I'm a pant's wearer (I do tend to prefer looser, more comfortable varieties).

Re: Male, 24, Virginia - 3Sanctus - 07-11-2010

(06-15-2010, 11:15 AM)DeiMateralma Wrote: The OP would be almost perfect--except I'm a pant's wearer (I do tend to prefer looser, more comfortable varieties).

That's good.  I'm not vociferously opposed to them, as if they make the wearer some kind of pariah, but I do appreciate those ladies who are thoughtful of the shortcomings of weak-willed men.  I figure I can overlook some pants-wearing as long as I get to wear my flip-flops.  ;D

Re: Male, 24, Virginia - DeiMateralma - 07-11-2010

(07-11-2010, 11:55 AM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(06-15-2010, 11:15 AM)DeiMateralma Wrote: The OP would be almost perfect--except I'm a pant's wearer (I do tend to prefer looser, more comfortable varieties).

That's good.  I'm not vociferously opposed to them, as if they make the wearer some kind of pariah, but I do appreciate those ladies who are thoughtful of the shortcomings of weak-willed men.  I figure I can overlook some pants-wearing as long as I get to wear my flip-flops.   ;D

Flip-flops are great (close as you can get to being barefoot all the time :P)

Re: Male, 24, Virginia - 3Sanctus - 07-11-2010

(07-11-2010, 12:39 PM)DeiMateralma Wrote:

That's good.  I'm not vociferously opposed to them, as if they make the wearer some kind of pariah, but I do appreciate those ladies who are thoughtful of the shortcomings of weak-willed men.  I figure I can overlook some pants-wearing as long as I get to wear my flip-flops.   ;D

Plus it's easy to slip them off your feet without getting in trouble for being barefoot.  Say, at dinner or at work, lol.  Most comfortable and most excellent!  ;D

Re: Male, 24, Virginia - DeiMateralma - 07-11-2010

(07-11-2010, 02:06 PM)3Sanctus Wrote:
(07-11-2010, 12:39 PM)DeiMateralma Wrote:

Plus it's easy to slip them off your feet without getting in trouble for being barefoot.  Say, at dinner or at work, lol.  Most comfortable and most excellent!   ;D

You don't need to sell me on them--former lifeguards would live in flip-flops (if barefoot wasn't an option) year-round, if they could.  :P