FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? (/showthread.php?tid=37672)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - Cetil - 07-24-2010

dk,
Being investigated for extortion does not make you guilty of it. That's an open question as there are many open questions in this situation.  One question I have for Mel is if you have nothing to hide then why worry about some tapes? My main point is that there are no firm conclusions about anything yet, but LOTS of questions about BOTH of them.
Let the police investigate and the courts rule. That of course may not be perfect either. But at this stage there is just a lot of fur flying around and even the major media outlets are peddling rumors, i.e. they were all buzzing one morning that Mel was back with his wife and was moving to Australia. Then the Gibson camp issued a denial of that.
Both sides would do well to cool the name calling too. Objective investigations have to be conducted dispassionately, there's no other way.

C.

Re: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - Augstine Baker - 07-24-2010

Looks like the gold-digger might get a taste of her own medicine.  She will eventually anyway.

Re: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - devotedknuckles - 07-24-2010

from the start of this i saw this for what it was
angelic victims rarely turn out to be as angelic as once believed .

Re: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - Cetil - 07-24-2010

(07-24-2010, 11:04 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Looks like the gold-digger might get a taste of her own medicine.  She will eventually anyway.

The "gold digger" seems to have signed a "cohabitation agreement" with him. That precludes her collecting any of his fortune.
No gold digger in their right mind does that. Now what sort of "traditional Catholic" thinks he can enter into a "cohabitation agreement"?? Did I miss something in the Baltimore Catechism?

C.

Re: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - Gerard - 07-24-2010

(07-24-2010, 10:25 AM)Cetil Wrote: dk,
Being investigated for extortion does not make you guilty of it. That's an open question as there are many open questions in this situation.  One question I have for Mel is if you have nothing to hide then why worry about some tapes? My main point is that there are no firm conclusions about anything yet, but LOTS of questions about BOTH of them.
Let the police investigate and the courts rule. That of course may not be perfect either. But at this stage there is just a lot of fur flying around and even the major media outlets are peddling rumors, i.e. they were all buzzing one morning that Mel was back with his wife and was moving to Australia. Then the Gibson camp issued a denial of that.
Both sides would do well to cool the name calling too. Objective investigations have to be conducted dispassionately, there's no other way.

C.

I'm still going on the premise that this is part of a manic episode.   It would be very difficult for Gibson to know exactly what he said back then,  if he's now in a state of lucidity.  He probably doesn't know half of the conversations he was involved in.  Also, one of the things that results from the manic and adds to the depression is the shame associated with what the person does when they are manic.  

I would also think that Gibson has to be very careful about how he handles this whole situation from the point of view of looking after his mental health.  The feeding frenzy of the media and the attacks from his anti-Christian enemies could provoke another episode if he were to get swept up in it emotionally.  

Re: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - Augstine Baker - 07-24-2010

(07-24-2010, 11:52 AM)Cetil Wrote:
(07-24-2010, 11:04 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Looks like the gold-digger might get a taste of her own medicine.  She will eventually anyway.

The "gold digger" seems to have signed a "cohabitation agreement" with him. That precludes her collecting any of his fortune.
No gold digger in their right mind does that. Now what sort of "traditional Catholic" thinks he can enter into a "cohabitation agreement"?? Did I miss something in the Baltimore Catechism?

C.

She has a past history of gold-digging and deception even if this were the case, such a pre-nup notwithstanding and Mel's still going to be on the hook for the child and she derives many other benefits from scooping up on a volatile man like Gibson, like trying to extort money from him by provoking him...  I wonder if the agreement includes not writing  a "Tell All" book?

What sort of a "traditional" Catholic commits adultery with harlots and then puts his harlotry on stage as if it were a normal sort of everyday thing?  I'd say a sinful one.

What past history of  "gold digging"? You assume she provoked him and extorted him. That remains to be seen. No court has said so. She can be heard on the tapes disavowing any interest in his money

(07-24-2010, 12:15 PM)Cetil Wrote: What past history of  "gold digging"? You assume she provoked him and extorted him. That remains to be seen. No court has said so. She can be heard on the tapes disavowing any interest in his money

Why should she affirm that she's interested in money on tapes she's making to provoke and entrap him?

You would have to read her mind to know her intentions in making the tapes. Under California law it's perfectly legal to tape someone you think may be a threat to you. She affirms on the tapes that she signed the cohabitation agreement. Maybe you just need to actually research a topic before posting?  Now what happened to your claim that she has a "past history" of gold digging??

C.

(07-24-2010, 12:35 PM)Cetil Wrote: You would have to read her mind to know her intentions in making the tapes. Under California law it's perfectly legal to tape someone you think may be a threat to you. She affirms on the tapes that she signed the cohabitation agreement. Maybe you just need to actually research a topic before posting?  Now what happened to your claim that she has a "past history" of gold digging??

C.

Maybe you should do some research before posting?