FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? (/showthread.php?tid=37672)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - devotedknuckles - 07-24-2010

Legal or not
what kind of person secretly tapes someone then demands henpau loot or they will be released
oh right
gold diggin dirty whores
if the shoe fits

Re: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - Foligno - 07-25-2010

(07-24-2010, 11:54 AM)Gerard Wrote: I'm still going on the premise that this is part of a manic episode.   It would be very difficult for Gibson to know exactly what he said back then,  if he's now in a state of lucidity.  He probably doesn't know half of the conversations he was involved in.  Also, one of the things that results from the manic and adds to the depression is the shame associated with what the person does when they are manic.  

I would also think that Gibson has to be very careful about how he handles this whole situation from the point of view of looking after his mental health.  The feeding frenzy of the media and the attacks from his anti-Christian enemies could provoke another episode if he were to get swept up in it emotionally.  

I agree with you.  I didn't know he was manic until I heard the tape, and he was definitely having a manic "episode."  If he isn't on meds he needs to get on meds because his life is too messed up right now to try to control himself with will-power alone.

I know because I'm manic.  Listening to him I knew exactly what he was experiencing.  He's not just some boor, or a dangerous person, he's just... not balanced.  He was frightened to death during that phonecall, but mania makes your emotions get all confused.  It's a scary and frustrating experience, but usually brief, and when it's over you can suddenly be happy and normal as if nothing happened, as if you weren't just a psychotic loon 10 minutes ago.  The imbalance is probably due to his history of drugs and alcohol and heavy nicotine use.  Substance abuse is all about trying to mask or chemically alter how you feel normally, and after enough time of that, your brain just can't make heads or tails of it's emotions or how to handle them, especially not when you become clean.

I find it hard to believe he's a danger to anyone but himself, though.

Is Mel Gibson the target? - AlexE - 10-27-2010

The last few years have seen Gibson embroiled in a number of scandals. His image has been tarnished as a result. Galifianakis may have been a ringleader in the protest that got Mel Gibson taken off “The Hangover 2,” which he was designed to have a cameo in. There were evidently numerous people involved in the production protesting. It seems that Galigianakis was not a wolf pack of one on this one. Todd Phillips, the director of the first and 2nd film, confirmed that cast and crew opposition led to Gibson being given the axe.  The “Mel Gibson tapes” did a lot of damage to his profession. You can read more about it here: Mel Gibson ditched from The Hangover 2 allegedly at request of Galifianakis.