FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog (/showthread.php?tid=38116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - Resurrexi - 08-09-2010

I recently stumbled upon the following blog: http://liturgiae-causa.blogspot.com/. Although I agreed with some of the things Patricius, the author, said, I was thoroughly disgusted by many of his comments, some of which I found incredibly irreverent and even creepy.

I definitely agree with Patricius in regard to St. Pius X's reform of the Breviary. The new psalter arrangement was not a good reform. I feel the same way about his views in regard to Ven. Pius XII's reforms of Holy Week, namely, that they were a mistake.

However, I was extremely disgusted by his comment under the picture of Pope Pius XII "I'd like to know exactly how this man combed his hair so that the horns didn't show...". While, as I stated above, I disagree with some of Ven. Pius XII's liturgical reforms, I have no reason to doubt that he was a man of great personal holiness who was doing what he thought best.

Even more disgusting was his comment about the Words of Consecration, which, IMO, bordered on blapshemy, "What is the point of the Office when the persons required to sing the Office could each be whispering from a book at a side Altar, and after the magic words elevate a white disc (it's not even real bread) and hold It aloft for minutes on end for the adoration of simple, aliturgical folk?".

The blog is filled with a disparaging attitude towards Benediction of the most holy Sacrament. I think it is ridiculous that anyone professing to be Catholic would reject this practice in which the faithful lovingly adore our Lord. It seems to me that Patricius cares more about smells and bells than the faithful showing their gratitude for the presence of Christ in the holy Eucharist.

In a comment on one of the articles Patricius states, "I am still in the Roman Communion for personal reasons, although I haven't really taken the Church seriously for many years." and "I am now only interested in good Liturgy, wherever this may be found (in or outside the ecclesial confines of the Roman Catholic Church)." It seems to me that he values pretty liturgy over the Catholic faith. While I think that properly and reverently celebrated Liturgy to glorify God is of utmost importance (and I wouldn't be a traditionalist if I did not feel this way), I firmly believe that the Catholic Church was founded by Christ and that it is necessary for salvation to belong to the Church.

Patricius takes a pretty bizarre stance on the 1962 liturgical books, stating that he believes they were authored by Satan himself. While I would personally prefer to use pre-1950s liturgical books, I think it is pretty ridiculous to state that the 1962 Missal was written by Satan. Moreover, if one feels so negatively about the 1962 books that he decides he cannot attend Mass celebrated according to those books, where is such a person supposed to attend Mass? In my opinion, Patricius is making better the enemy of good.

I found just plain creepy and weird his comments in regard to homosexuality, which seemed to me to be an attempt to justify it.

In short, though I was at first interested by Patricius' liturgical views, I became disgusted by this blog, and I cannot understand how any lover of traditional Catholic liturgy could hold such un-Catholic beliefs.

Re: Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - RalphKramden - 08-09-2010

What an idiot. You can't love the liturgy and hate the church. Plus I though only misinformed jews hated Pius XII ???

Re: Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - Baskerville - 08-09-2010

(08-09-2010, 06:25 AM)RalphKramden Wrote: What an idiot. You can't love the liturgy and hate the church. Plus I though only misinformed jews hated Pius XII ???

No most non trad or non conservative Catholics hate him too.

Re: Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - Baskerville - 08-09-2010

(08-09-2010, 05:41 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: The blog is filled with a disparaging attitude towards Benediction of the most holy Sacrament. I think it is ridiculous that anyone professing to be Catholic would reject this practice in which the faithful lovingly adore our Lord.

Pope Benedict rejected it up until a few years back.

That blog is certainly on the  ??? side.

Re: Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - Resurrexi - 08-09-2010

(08-09-2010, 06:36 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(08-09-2010, 05:41 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: The blog is filled with a disparaging attitude towards Benediction of the most holy Sacrament. I think it is ridiculous that anyone professing to be Catholic would reject this practice in which the faithful lovingly adore our Lord.

Pope Benedict rejected it up until a few years back.

Are you sure about that? In any case, he definitely seems to support Benediction now. I know that when Pope Benedict publicly celebrates vespers publicly, he almost always includes exposition and benediction of the most holy Sacrament as part of the service.

Re: Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - Credo - 08-09-2010

The S. Pius X psalter leaves much to be desired, but - geesh - the guy wasn't the devil.

Re: Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - RalphKramden - 08-09-2010

(08-09-2010, 06:34 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(08-09-2010, 06:25 AM)RalphKramden Wrote: What an idiot. You can't love the liturgy and hate the church. Plus I though only misinformed jews hated Pius XII ???

No most non trad or non conservative Catholics hate him too.
yeah, I forgot about all the jew wana be catholics

Re: Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - Maldon - 08-09-2010

Seems like a kind of gay, culture-loving, sort of Catholicish sort of blog persona.

Re: Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - The_Harlequin_King - 08-09-2010

This is what happens when you take any one thing too seriously.

Re: Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog - spasiisochrani - 08-10-2010

He makes a lot of very good points, but he needs to gain a sense of perspective.