FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Theology and Philosophy (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? (/showthread.php?tid=38801)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - Pomprincess - 09-10-2010

John Edward--not the politician dude...brought it up that he thought yes we would when one of his fans on his shows asked him. So I was wonderin what others thought? I think I agree with John about his yes statement. I mean we all die eventually so I think that we do. :)

Re: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - cgraye - 09-10-2010

I guess if they are in heaven and you are in heaven you could.  I doubt you will care at that point, though.

Re: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - dark lancer - 09-10-2010

Considering the lifestyles many of them lead and their sense that they aren't doing anything bad, I wouldn't place any bets.

From Matthew 19
[21]  Jesus saith to him: If thou wilt be perfect, go sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come follow me. [22] And when the young man had heard this word, he went away sad: for he had great possessions. [23] Then Jesus said to his disciples: Amen, I say to you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. [24]  And again I say to you: It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. [25] And when they had heard this, the disciples wondered very much, saying: Who then can be saved?

Re: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - devotedknuckles - 09-10-2010

Is this thread a joke?

Re: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - Historian - 09-10-2010

(09-10-2010, 02:21 PM)Pomprincess Wrote: John Edward--not the politician dude...brought it up that he thought yes we would when one of his fans on his shows asked him. So I was wonderin what others thought? I think I agree with John about his yes statement. I mean we all die eventually so I think that we do. :)

I think this is like asking if getting executed is good because you get a free meal of your choice.

Re: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - Nic - 09-10-2010

Probably won't see Angelina Jolie there  :laughing:

Re: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - devotedknuckles - 09-10-2010

Probibly is an understatement
lol

Re: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - SouthpawLink - 09-10-2010

Pomprincess,
It depends whether or not they die with divine and Catholic faith, as well as perfect contrition and charity.

DK,
:rofl:

Re: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - Walty - 09-10-2010

Does this mean I shouldn't expect to kick it with Don Knotts up there?

Re: Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die? - FHM310 - 09-10-2010

(09-10-2010, 08:15 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Is this thread a joke?
I was kinda wondering the same thing.
(09-10-2010, 08:41 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: I think this is like asking if getting executed is good because you get a free meal of your choice.
:laughing:
(09-10-2010, 02:21 PM)Pomprincess Wrote: "Angelina is my role model and I want so much to help with UNHCR...relief refugee work..."--Me

You might want to change your role model to Our Lady, to avoid spending eternity with AJ where she (probably (as an understatement) as things stand now) is headed.  In heaven you'll get to see all the celebs you will want to - good ones - i.e. Saints.