FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Do God loves a Muslim? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Do God loves a Muslim? (/showthread.php?tid=39032)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: Do God loves a Muslim? - devotedknuckles - 09-21-2010

Gigas?

Re: Do God loves a Muslim? - Augstine Baker - 09-21-2010

God hates the Nikolaitans. Does he not?

Re: Do God loves a Muslim? - SouthpawLink - 09-21-2010

(09-21-2010, 12:30 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: God hates the Nikolaitans. Does he not?

In a sense, yes (He hated their deeds: Apoc. 2:6), but not in the sense that you mean it. For the Nicolaitans existed, and for them to exist God must have willed their existence. And as existence is a good, God willed good toward them. But to 'will good to another' is to love them (as Aristotle and St. Thomas both said*). Therefore, God loved the Nicolaitans.

* Rhetoric, book II, chap. 4 (1380b or 1381a)
Summa Theologiae, I-II, Q. 26, a. 4, corp.; see also his Summa Contra Gentiles, I, 96.

(09-21-2010, 12:42 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote:
(09-21-2010, 12:30 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: God hates the Nikolaitans. Does he not?

In a sense, yes (he hated their heresy), but not absolutely. For the Nicolaitans existed, and for them to exist God must have willed their existence. And as existence is a good, God willed good toward them. But to 'will good to another' is to love them (as Aristotle and St. Thomas both said*). Therefore, God loved the Nicolaitans.

* Rhetoric, book II, chap. 4 (1380b or 1381a)
Summa Theologiae, I-II, Q. 26, a. 4, corp.; see also his Summa Contra Gentiles, I, 96.

I think it depends on how much you want to equivocate that term, hate.

I've often marveled at the way casuists make the moral laws of the Church disappear.  You know, at some point, you've got to take God at His word.  I'm not saying we can't disagree about this, I'm thinking that there's a reason why that passage is in there.  Indeed, the Nikolaitans were gnostic sodomites, and you know, of course, what God did to Sodom; not only an earthly destruction, which they deserved, but an eternal one as well. 

The evangelist, I forget which one, said that the love of God is a fire which burns, purgates and glorifies.

Re: Do God loves a Muslim? - glgas - 09-21-2010

(09-21-2010, 11:18 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: This dingle-berry says stupid stuff like this in almost every other post...who is he preaching to?

Calling names is sixth grade level. Howe old are you, scipio?

Gigas  can u answer my question?
Thanks

(09-21-2010, 11:18 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(09-21-2010, 10:43 AM)glgas Wrote:
(09-21-2010, 08:02 AM)karyn_anne Wrote: he loves everyone, but He wants all to come into the ONLY TRUE FAITH--- the Catholic Church, where they can love, know and worship Him as He has ordained and in the fullness of knowledge and truth.

Under His vicar, the pope.

This dingle-berry says stupid stuff like this in almost every other post...who is he preaching to?

Is there a single trad...Dioc, FSSP, ICK, SSPX, SSPV SSG, CMRI indie or other that disagrees with this statement?

The answer is no obviously.  gl....go to a prot board where you might actually teach someone something...hey, and as an added bonus they will actually appreciate your haphazard and of the wall Bible verse quoting

Kinda crossing the line, there....  As far as I know, glgs is Catholic, albeit a challenging one... I'm sure you treat the heathens you hang out with, whose music and film tastes you share, at clubs a lot better.

Re: Do God loves a Muslim? - Credo - 09-21-2010

Baskerville Wrote:Yes Mullah he was Jesus the Christ.

Wow. No one could have figured that out.

Quote:And your dirty muslim buddies would have us killed for following him.

Unlikly. As an aside, I only know one Mohammedan. She's a rather moderate lass; wouldn't hurt a fly.

Quote:Interesting that one who so reveres the false Prophet of Islam would also quote Christ while the Koran says to smite the necks of unbelievers a little schizoid if ya ask me.

1) I do not revere Mohammed,
2) I fail to see what your entire post has to do with the topic of this thread.

Re: Do God loves a Muslim? - glgas - 09-21-2010

(09-21-2010, 01:15 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Gigas  can u answer my question?
Thanks

(09-21-2010, 10:07 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: here  are a few more  questions for gigas and no i dont expect an answer lol
does god love child rape? does god love paganism? does god love stealing? does god love mohamadanism? does god love athiesm?

The topic is about persons not actions, or manners, or abstractions (isms) about them.

U asked if god loves mhamadan. I answered ths So  ask u does love mohamadanism?
Can u kindly answer