FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
It appears to be starting... - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: It appears to be starting... (/showthread.php?tid=39260)

Pages: 1 2 3

It appears to be starting... - geogeer - 10-05-2010

http://blog.beliefnet.com/deaconsbench/2010/10/romeward-bound-baltimore-episcopal-parish-may-join-catholic-church.html

In a letter to parishioners, the Reverend Jason Cantania, rector of Mount Calvary Episcopal Church in Baltimore, Maryland, announced that the vestry of the parish had voted unanimously in favor of two resolutions. First, they have voted to leave The Episcopal Church (TEC) where they are a part of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland, and, second, to become an Anglican Use parish in the Catholic Church through the new initiative from Rome - the Anglicorum Coetibus.

Under the terms of this apostolic constitution, the Church has provided opportunities for "personal ordinariates for Anglicans entering full communion with the Catholic Church." As an Anglican Use parish, they will be authorized to use an authorized version of the Episcopal Church's Book of Common Prayer called the "Book of Divine Worship."

As an aside, I've wondered if the "Glory of the olive" isn't about extending an opening (olive branch) to all the other churches to find a way back into Catholicism.  There is the SSPX,  Anglicans, and the talks with the Orthodox.  Interesting times we live in.

Re: It appears to be starting... - INPEFESS - 10-05-2010

(10-05-2010, 07:22 PM)geogeer Wrote: http://blog.beliefnet.com/deaconsbench/2010/10/romeward-bound-baltimore-episcopal-parish-may-join-catholic-church.html

In a letter to parishioners, the Reverend Jason Cantania, rector of Mount Calvary Episcopal Church in Baltimore, Maryland, announced that the vestry of the parish had voted unanimously in favor of two resolutions. First, they have voted to leave The Episcopal Church (TEC) where they are a part of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland, and, second, to become an Anglican Use parish in the Catholic Church through the new initiative from Rome - the Anglicorum Coetibus.

Under the terms of this apostolic constitution, the Church has provided opportunities for "personal ordinariates for Anglicans entering full communion with the Catholic Church." As an Anglican Use parish, they will be authorized to use an authorized version of the Episcopal Church's Book of Common Prayer called the "Book of Divine Worship."

As an aside, I've wondered if the "Glory of the olive" isn't about extending an opening (olive branch) to all the other churches to find a way back into Catholicism.  There is the SSPX,  Anglicans, and the talks with the Orthodox.  Interesting times we live in.

Must they explicitly reject their heresy and embrace all of the teachings of the Catholic faith unequivocally?

Re: It appears to be starting... - Historian - 10-05-2010

(10-05-2010, 08:56 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Must they explicitly reject their heresy and embrace all of the teachings of the Catholic faith unequivocally?

Yes.

Re: It appears to be starting... - INPEFESS - 10-05-2010

(10-05-2010, 09:02 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(10-05-2010, 08:56 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Must they explicitly reject their heresy and embrace all of the teachings of the Catholic faith unequivocally?

Yes.

Where has the Church made this condition clear?

(I'm not trying to be antagonistic. I am genuinely interested in the conditions required by the Church.)

Re: It appears to be starting... - Ravenonthecross - 10-05-2010

:pray:

Re: It appears to be starting... - Bakuryokuso - 10-05-2010

(10-05-2010, 09:08 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:

Yes.

(I'm not trying to be antagonistic. I am genuinely interested in the conditions required by the Church.)

Anglicanorum Coetibus says in I.§5 that "The Catechism of the Catholic Church is the authoritative expression of the Catholic faith professed by members of the Ordinariate."

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/apost_constitutions/documents/hf_ben-xvi_apc_20091104_anglicanorum-coetibus_en.html

(10-05-2010, 09:08 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:

Yes.

Anglicanorum Coetibus does not really change the process except by adding personal ordinariates for former Anglicans parishes. Anglican Use is in English, but I have seen nothing not traditional except perhaps the language (which, considering who it is for, could be considered traditional).

I do not think there is a special declaration of the need to renounce falsehood as that is already necessary for becoming Catholic. The special provisions for Anglicans are not related to doctrine.

This is great but it confuses me why these Anglican clergy continue to run parishes, offer Mass etc. once they've decided to convert to the Catholic Church. If their conversion is sincere then they should believe their orders to be invalid and stop playing Mass immediately.

(10-05-2010, 10:04 PM)Servus_Maria Wrote: This is great but it confuses me why these Anglican clergy continue to run parishes, offer Mass etc. once they've decided to convert to the Catholic Church. If their conversion is sincere then they should believe their orders to be invalid and stop playing Mass immediately.

Who says they don't?

(10-05-2010, 10:04 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(10-05-2010, 10:04 PM)Servus_Maria Wrote: This is great but it confuses me why these Anglican clergy continue to run parishes, offer Mass etc. once they've decided to convert to the Catholic Church. If their conversion is sincere then they should believe their orders to be invalid and stop playing Mass immediately.

Who says they don't?

They do.