FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Do trad kids rebel? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Do trad kids rebel? (/showthread.php?tid=39828)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: Do trad kids rebel? - Historian - 11-03-2010

(11-02-2010, 07:45 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Most trad kids (myself included) rebelled much worse than the non religious kids!

Haha. Like what?

Re: Do trad kids rebel? - mamalove - 11-03-2010

yeah, actually in pondering it further...the 2 kids (from the same family) who became the NO seminarian and the conservative habit wearing NO sister are so far the "worst" rebellion :laughing:  And they said they did what they have done in response to the "legalism" they experienced in their Trad upbringing.  Very conservative trad friendly young adults though.

Re: Do trad kids rebel? - mamalove - 11-03-2010

Like the above poster said, its totally a matter of perspective! 

take my upbringing for example.  Raised by "hippies" taken to Grateful dead concerts at age 11, grew up on Jimmy Hendrix, Greatful Dead and Led Zepplen.....so when I was 17 and left home to be "on the road" following bands around the USA and living in cars and selling dresses, it was not seen as rebellion!  It was just how I was raised.  NOW, if MY children end up doing this. it will be TOTAL rebellion!

Now, I am the rebel.  I always think of Alex P. Keaton on that 80's sitcom Family Ties.  Thats totally me now, and Im the rebel!  Republican voting, conservative Traditional Catholic, pro life raising 6 children (so far) for the Lord.....

:laughing: Im rebelling against the 60's rebellion... :laughing:  Im now offically the "true" rebel!

Re: Do trad kids rebel? - CanadianCatholic - 11-03-2010

(11-03-2010, 08:14 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote:
(11-02-2010, 07:45 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Most trad kids (myself included) rebelled much worse than the non religious kids!

Haha. Like what?
I know that as a teen, I was doing alot worse stuff than my non religious friends. My parents raised us incredibly sheltered from sex, drugs, and booze. So not knowing the full harm of any of that stuff, nothing was off limits. I would go alot farther with all that stuff than my non religious friends, who weren't ignorant to the perils.

I think people always assume that if a kid isnt raised in the religion, they must be terrible bad kids...thats really ignorant. My little sister goes to a public high school. Its her friends from the church and her old SSPX school, sneaking out, getting knocked up and being bad. The kids at her high school (that shes friends with) are all very involved in sports, and very high achievers, as they actually want a future (other than just get married and pop out babies, or be a nun). Not that those are bad things, but trad girls seem t think thats their only options....I dont want my kids being baby factories.

Re: Do trad kids rebel? - wallflower - 11-03-2010

(11-03-2010, 10:32 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:

Haha. Like what?
I know that as a teen, I was doing alot worse stuff than my non religious friends. My parents raised us incredibly sheltered from sex, drugs, and booze. So not knowing the full harm of any of that stuff, nothing was off limits. I would go alot farther with all that stuff than my non religious friends, who weren't ignorant to the perils.

I think people always assume that if a kid isnt raised in the religion, they must be terrible bad kids...thats really ignorant. My little sister goes to a public high school. Its her friends from the church and her old SSPX school, sneaking out, getting knocked up and being bad. The kids at her high school (that shes friends with) are all very involved in sports, and very high achievers, as they actually want a future (other than just get married and pop out babies, or be a nun). Not that those are bad things, but trad girls seem t think thats their only options....I dont want my kids being baby factories.

If you're referring to my post about non-religious kids vs trad kids, I've gone by my own experience. My neighbors, cousins and non-religious friends routinely learn their immoral behavior from their parents who are engaging in the same thing and can't exactly say anything to their kids for it. I don't think that's an ignorant assumption, it's true, I've seen it with my own eyes in high numbers. Nevertheless, I left room for not all situations to be that way, only many. Some are into sports and want futures and are high achievers and that may stop them from some things, like drugs, but not all. They still have their brand of immorality that is normal for them but would be seen as rebellious for us. They aren't getting knocked up, not because their behavior is better, but because they are on the pill! Calgary also has a rep for being one of the wildest of SSPX communities, lol, so I'm not sure they can be used as an example of the average trad kids in the average trad parish. They are in a league of their own!  ;)

(11-03-2010, 11:44 AM)wallflower Wrote:

Haha. Like what?

If you're referring to my post about non-religious kids vs trad kids, I've gone by my own experience. My neighbors, cousins and non-religious friends routinely learn their immoral behavior from their parents who are engaging in the same thing and can't exactly say anything to their kids for it. I don't think that's an ignorant assumption, it's true, I've seen it with my own eyes in high numbers. Nevertheless, I left room for not all situations to be that way, only many. Some are into sports and want futures and are high achievers and that may stop them from some things, like drugs, but not all. They still have their brand of immorality that is normal for them but would be seen as rebellious for us. They aren't getting knocked up, not because their behavior is better, but because they are on the pill! Calgary also has a rep for being one of the wildest of SSPX communities, lol, so I'm not sure they can be used as an example of the average trad kids in the average trad parish. They are in a league of their own!  ;)

BWWAHAHAHA!!!! Oh do we? LMAO thats funny....im about %100 sure thats my family's fault, as the rest of them arent that bad....where you from wallflower?

Re: Do trad kids rebel? - JayneK - 11-03-2010

(11-02-2010, 11:01 AM)ruralpeace Wrote: @lolanthe

My beef with malls: The intentional destruction of souls via consumerism.

Everything a kid needs to have his or her soul polluted and destroyed is for sale in every mall in North America. None of the contents are spiritually necessary. None.

We are called to detach. What message do we send our kids if the mall is a place of family "tradition"?

Just look at the intentional sensuality on the windows of any clothing store geared at teens. Funny thing - parents shop there, as well.

iHs

This is exactly what I was thinking the last time I was at a mall.  They really are places of evil.  Great description of the problem. :clap:

Re: Do trad kids rebel? - wallflower - 11-03-2010

(11-03-2010, 11:59 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(11-03-2010, 11:44 AM)wallflower Wrote:

Haha. Like what?

BWWAHAHAHA!!!! Oh do we? LMAO thats funny....im about %100 sure thats my family's fault, as the rest of them arent that bad....where you from wallflower?

:laughing: I figured you'd get a kick out of that. I've just grown up SSPX and have ties in the bigger parishes, St Mary's and Post Falls and a couple others. I saw your family picture though on the other thread and didn't recognize any of them as having been to either school, so you can't take all the credit! Although, I can't say I know all the classes from all the years, I've lost track a bit, so maybe they were there and I just didn't see/hear about them. Of course it's not about Calgary being evil, or hating the Calgary parish, I hope you understand that, it's more about knowing they have...tougher times with rebellion than the average parish, so the perspective will be a little different. Must be something in the water... 

post falls is alotta my family. My older brother an sister went to St. Marys (and my bro got kicked out) a whack load of my cousins go to both schools...Ill admit, alot of them get kicked out. But those schools are totally nutty

Re: Do trad kids rebel? - Scipio_a - 11-03-2010

(11-03-2010, 02:49 AM)ruralpeace Wrote: "As for everything they need to pollute their souls...I'd be willing to bet good money is right in the home...even the purged home of a nut case."

Scipio_a:

Are you calling me a nut case?  Like you did St. Pio in another post??

You obviously support the current system. I don't.

As for shops in the malls carrying things we really need... ???

As for my purchasing useless goods to sustain jobs, and the economy, and how this makes me a good Christian... 

????

Is yours the "purged home of a nut case?

Well seeing as there is nothing particularly wrong with "the current system" which is not particularly different from past systems of barter and trade...only faster and more accurate with greater diversity it's funny you don't "support" it...except that you do...because you own something even if you spin your own yarn you had to buy or steal the sheep..if you choose to make your life as difficult as possible and remake the wheel...hey have at it.

As for stores...most of them are cloths stores...and the last I checked, most states require you to cover up at least a little...so yeah...you need cloths...also there are things you don't need...(besides...I did not use the word need (you did)...NEED is a weak measure) but are nice to have, like candles or a particular coffee you may prefer, or hundreds of other nice things to have for your leisure or work

If the goods were "useless" they would not be sold....simple as that.

LOL