FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Why is Coke so darn tasty? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Why is Coke so darn tasty? (/showthread.php?tid=41009)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - Baskerville - 12-23-2010

(12-23-2010, 05:19 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: I don't know how people drink coke like it's water.  I feel slightly ill after drinking just one 12 oz can.  Goes to show how different people's metabolism's can be.

With me it could be that I was raised on soda my Dad drinks Mt Dew and My Mom drinks Dr. Pepper so from the time I was little I was drinking soda.

As an aside I hate water it literally makes me gag when I have to drink just plain water.

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - icecream - 12-23-2010

(12-23-2010, 05:43 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(12-23-2010, 05:19 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: I don't know how people drink coke like it's water.  I feel slightly ill after drinking just one 12 oz can.  Goes to show how different people's metabolism's can be.

With me it could be that I was raised on soda my Dad drinks Mt Dew and My Mom drinks Dr. Pepper so from the time I was little I was drinking soda.

As an aside I hate water it literally makes me gag when I have to drink just plain water.

you wouldnt have fared so well in cave men times

(12-23-2010, 10:19 AM)frerejacques Wrote: I have given up diet coke 52 times this year.

i dont blame you

(12-23-2010, 09:51 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: BTW, icecream you have my permission to appropriate that for icecream instead of cola.

;D

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - 3Sanctus - 12-23-2010

(12-23-2010, 06:07 PM)icecream Wrote:
(12-23-2010, 05:43 PM)Baskerville Wrote:

you wouldnt have fared so well in cave men times

Neither would you have, icecream.  :laughing:

come to think of it you right!!  ;D

(12-23-2010, 05:19 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: I'm trying to get off the soda (Dr. Pepper) since becoming diabetic.  So far no dice.  My willpower sucks and soda is sooooooo good.  Haven't found a diet I can live with yet.  :(

i thought you couldnt have sugar at all when diabettoc

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - Grasshopper - 12-23-2010

(12-23-2010, 06:17 PM)icecream Wrote:
(12-23-2010, 05:19 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: I'm trying to get off the soda (Dr. Pepper) since becoming diabetic.  So far no dice.  My willpower sucks and soda is sooooooo good.  Haven't found a diet I can live with yet.  :(

Maybe not if you have severe type 1 diabetes, but most diabetics have less severe forms. I have mild type 2 diabetes, and I still have stuff with sugar in it (such as, ahem, ice cream). I just have to watch how much of that stuff I eat, and make sure to get regular exercise. I did have to switch from regular soda (I used to drink close to a 12-pack per day of regular Coke) to diet soda, and lately I've had to start taking medication (Metformin) to control blood sugar, but I can still eat some sugar. In the summer, I ride between 100-200 miles per week on my bike (most of it in hilly terrain), so I can get away with more sugary stuff (and more stuff in general).

(12-23-2010, 06:45 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:
(12-23-2010, 06:17 PM)icecream Wrote:

Maybe not if you have severe type 1 diabetes, but most diabetics have less severe forms. I have mild type 2 diabetes, and I still have stuff with sugar in it (such as, ahem, ice cream). I just have to watch how much of that stuff I eat, and make sure to get regular exercise. I did have to switch from regular soda (I used to drink close to a 12-pack per day of regular Coke) to diet soda, and lately I've had to start taking medication (Metformin) to control blood sugar, but I can still eat some sugar. In the summer, I ride between 100-200 miles per week on my bike (most of it in hilly terrain), so I can get away with more sugary stuff (and more stuff in general).

well that slightly good new, id hate to give up ugar completely if i got diabetes

considering the amount sugar ive had in my life i be surprised if i dont get it

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - LausTibiChriste - 12-23-2010

Funny Quis, I have the same problem....but with beer  ;D

I do agree that coke is tasty, but in this order:

1. Glass bottle
2. Can
3. Fountain
4. Plastic bottle