FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Why is Coke so darn tasty? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Why is Coke so darn tasty? (/showthread.php?tid=41009)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - Grasshopper - 12-25-2010

(12-25-2010, 10:24 PM)henryt. Wrote: A few years ago there was Lime Coke, which I thought was great. Then they pulled it- couldn't find it anywhere. I looked for it for nearly a year before I realized that all I needed was, um, a lime and coke.... to make it myself....lol.

They still have Diet Coke with Lime, although you have to look around a bit to find it. I still drink a fair amount of soda (but diet only, since I'm diabetic), and this is my favorite.

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - Underdog - 12-25-2010

(12-25-2010, 10:24 PM)henryt. Wrote: A few years ago there was Lime Coke, which I thought was great. Then they pulled it- couldn't find it anywhere. I looked for it for nearly a year before I realized that all I needed was, um, a lime and coke.... to make it myself....lol.

I loved Lime Coke, too...it's the only one of the flavored Cokes I really really liked...altho I will put up with Vanilla Coke sometimes.

Being from Texas (land of Dr. Pepper), and having grown up in North Carolina (land of Pepsi)...I still hafta say that Coca-Cola is tops (Georgia knows best when it comes to cola)!  I will take Coke any day over all the other sodas on the market...especially cola's pale counterpart (Sprite, Slice, 7Up, Mist, etc.).  If I'm not in the mood for carbonated...I go with sweet tea instead.

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - Scipio_a - 12-26-2010

(12-23-2010, 09:49 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: In the vein of why did God make women so appealing to men that it causes us problems (heh), why is Coke so darn tasty?  I'm sitting here dying for one right now.

I'm a confessed addict.  I can't have it in the house.  I'd do things like if I were on a 2000 calorie diet, 1500 for Coke, 500 for food.  Even in fine dining situations I'd rather have Coke over wine or beer most of the time. 

God made women so there would be a use for mini-skirts and a reason for men to work.  He made Coke so that I'd have something to drink with Pizza, Italian food, Mexican food, French food, German food, American food, sushi, Chinese food, thai food (none of which would have exist if he had not created women...except maybe German food...I think dudes could have come up with that while slacking).

He made lassi so that I'd be able to enjoy Indian food

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - dymphna17 - 12-26-2010

(12-26-2010, 02:39 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(12-23-2010, 09:49 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: In the vein of why did God make women so appealing to men that it causes us problems (heh), why is Coke so darn tasty?  I'm sitting here dying for one right now.

I'm a confessed addict.  I can't have it in the house.  I'd do things like if I were on a 2000 calorie diet, 1500 for Coke, 500 for food.  Even in fine dining situations I'd rather have Coke over wine or beer most of the time. 

God made women so there would be a use for mini-skirts and a reason for men to work.  He made Coke so that I'd have something to drink with Pizza, Italian food, Mexican food, French food, German food, American food, sushi, Chinese food, thai food (none of which would have exist if he had not created women...except maybe German food...I think dudes could have come up with that while slacking).

Don't forget Jack Daniels!  ;D

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - Ravenonthecross - 12-26-2010

I love Coca-Cola; 'tis my favourite pop. :)

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - SCG - 12-26-2010

I was addicted to Coke as early as the early 70s. Then I got pregnant and, with toxemia, the doctor then told me no more sugar. So I had to switch to TAB. Omg, horrible. But Diet Coke was not yet invented. After the baby was born, I just stuck to TAB because after six months of drinking it, I had acquired a taste for it, and by then the real Coke to way too sweet for me.

Many years later, when Diet Coke was invented, I thought I had died and gone to heaven, comparing that to TAB. I've been an avid Diet Coke drinker ever since and right now there are six cartons of Diet Coke in my house - three in my frig and three in my hallway. I have tried to give it up, so far, no dice. I just figure that if that's the only vice I have, it will have to do for now. I like it from the bottle, plastic or glass, or from a big tall glass with crushed ice, or from a can. I like it with a lemon, or lime, or cherries, and sometimes vanilla. Mostly I drink it straight. I drink it as soon as I get up and there's a coke on my nightstand when I go to sleep. A few times I go to people's houses and they offer Pepsi. I'll take it if there's no Coke, because I've got to have my carbonated drink. But Pepsi is flat. Bleh.

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - JacafamalaRedux - 12-26-2010

I actually like the generic stop and shop diet soda better than diet coke. There's just something in it that's sooo good!

This'll put a lil zip in yer step.
[Image: coca-cola.jpg]

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - icecream - 12-26-2010

and jacafmala only 1 away from 5000!!!!

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - Telemaque - 12-27-2010

Leo XIII liked a coca fortified wine that was a predecessor to Coke.

Coca tastes great.  That's the secret.

Re: Why is Coke so darn tasty? - Spooky - 12-27-2010

I am a pop/soda drinker. I used to drink the regular stuff. Couldn't stand diet. Then, for some strange unknown reason, I switched to diet. Just like that *snap*. It was really weird. I prefer Diet Coke but don't mind the store brand. Diet Pepsi is the worst. It goes flat the second you open it. Blech.