FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot (/showthread.php?tid=42020)

Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - Augstine Baker - 02-04-2011

Big surprise, homosexual super-culture promotes dissent.  Never mind that the whole thing could be solved by simply returning to the pre-54 Missal.  Father Ruff has, after much soul-searching, to be sure, has decided to call it quits. Maybe he should quit pretending to be a Catholic and a Benedictine? Why doesn't he just join the Unitarians?  Well, Pro-homosexual "America" has published his open letter.  Birds of a feather, etc...

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011/02/modernist-monastery-attacks-new.html

Re: Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - Augstine Baker - 02-04-2011

Bttt

Re: Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - SouthpawLink - 02-04-2011

:pray: for Fr. Ruff.  I'd like to say more, but I'm afraid it'll be uncharitable.

Re: Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - Augstine Baker - 02-05-2011

(02-04-2011, 11:18 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: :pray: for Fr. Ruff.  I'd like to say more, but I'm afraid it'll be uncharitable.

That's part of the problem, all the navel gazing and that people aren't held accountable.

Re: Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - Historian - 02-05-2011

(02-04-2011, 10:18 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Bttt

I've been meaning to mention this - please don't do that - at least make it an extreme rarity.  If people want to read and comment, they will do so.  If everyone did this, the place would be a mess.

Re: Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - Baskerville - 02-05-2011

:bronxcheer: To Fr Ruff.

Re: Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - Augstine Baker - 02-05-2011

(02-05-2011, 02:57 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-04-2011, 10:18 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Bttt

I've been meaning to mention this - please don't do that - at least make it an extreme rarity.  If people want to read and comment, they will do so.  If everyone did this, the place would be a mess.

Oh, ok.

Re: Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - Unum Sint - 02-05-2011

OKay how about screw the translation, you have to say the Mass in Latin for the next 5 years.

Re: Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - quotidianum - 02-06-2011

The backlash against the "new" translation is so very interesting.  Of course, it is likewise disappointing and perhaps unfortunately foreseeable, but I feel that with every article I read about the protestations and dissensions, I am watching something much larger unfold.  There are many in the laity and priesthood who have been convinced for many years that their opinions matter: their opinions have been given undue weight, of course, which has only increased their appetite for "contribution," and it was the opinions of so many that got us where we are today.   

I found this comment from this article:  http://www.oregonlive.com/living/index.ssf/2011/01/new_english_translation_alters.html

"As a non-practicing Catholic in my adult life, I am still appalled that after all the years of almost rountine (sic) saying of the mass, you are going to alienate me further by not knowing what to say when I would go. As it is, I know Lutherans that know (sic) about being Catholic then (sic) I. Just another reason to leave the church behind."

There are many things that brought me back to Catholicism, but one of the single biggest was the very fact that when it came to what was true and what was false, my opinion was totally irrelevant.  I had spent enough years holding my opinion on everything as the ultimate be-all/end-all in my world of illogical and self-contradictory relativism, and it was finally only the submission to authority and Truth that eventually brought me back to the Faith into which I had been baptized as a child.  I hope that through the new translation, Catholics will begin to see this same kind of effect: that indeed our little human opinions don't matter.  But apparently, after all these years of elevation of "respect for man" over respect for God, that is going to be a hard sell.

Re: Modernist Monastery Attacks New Translation of Missal: Homosexual Culture Promot - Augstine Baker - 02-07-2011

Yes, that's the whole Cardinal Newman-Vatican II thing that public opinion should have a say in what the Church teaches; such democratic sentiments really did pave the way in the last half-century for much confusion and a lack of piety.