FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Why claim that smoking is not a sin? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Why claim that smoking is not a sin? (/showthread.php?tid=42231)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Why claim that smoking is not a sin? - Bakuryokuso - 02-13-2011

voting third party isnt throwing your vote away. Canada has four viable political parties in a country one tenth your size so if more people voted third party things could evolve

Re: Why claim that smoking is not a sin? - Stubborn - 02-13-2011

Better to smoke here than in the hereafter.

Re: Why claim that smoking is not a sin? - Resurrexi - 02-13-2011

(02-13-2011, 03:27 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: tim, I think is evidence of non-smoking waitresses who have contracted lung cancer thru second hand smoke

The "bars going out of business" was a big line used here in Montreal but the doomsday scenario hasnt come to pass cos the anti-smoking legislation affects every bar equally. Folks just smoke outside. If anything I go to restaurants more since there is no more smoking sections in them

Smoking outside isn't any fun when it's cold. I hate it when I go to parties in the winter and the host makes people smoke outside.

Re: Why claim that smoking is not a sin? - JayneK - 02-13-2011

(02-13-2011, 03:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote: How can it be a serious sin to abstain from voting when none of the candidates are worth voting for?

Last election here I spoiled my ballot. I didn't just stay home, I went to write on the ballot that there were no morally acceptable candidates.

(02-13-2011, 03:35 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: Smoking outside isn't any fun when it's cold. I hate it when I go to parties in the winter and the host makes people smoke outside.

Do you think you have a right to stink up the hosts house and make other guests feel sick?

Re: Why claim that smoking is not a sin? - CanadianCatholic - 02-13-2011

(02-13-2011, 02:48 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-13-2011, 02:41 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(02-13-2011, 02:24 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-13-2011, 12:30 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Go outside and have a smoke, or stay inside and rage on my kids....you tell me which one sounds more sinful.

Are those really the only two choices open to you?
Pretty much yeah...or have a couple shots of whiskey...but I have ALOT of driving to so in a day, so smoking it is.
If you can go outside and smoke, you ought to be able to go outside and pray.
Or I can do both!
And eating unhealthy, artery clogging mcd's crap probably does as much harm as nicotine.

Re: Why claim that smoking is not a sin? - Bakuryokuso - 02-13-2011

i think spoiling ballots sends an important political message

Resurrexi - with frigid Quebec winters, being forced to smoke outside led many to quit. That's a good thing. If you can't wait until you get home to have a drag, it could be the sign of addiction.

Just have the salad at mcd's problem solved. I have a colleague at work who has mcd every monday and hes probably the healthiest male in our department cos he does so much exercise. Mcd is still food. A healthy lifestule can absorb some bad eating but nothing compensates for smoking, you're limiting your lung capacity and damaging your brain chemistry

(02-13-2011, 03:43 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: And eating unhealthy, artery clogging mcd's crap probably does as much harm as nicotine.

This means that people should not eat unhealthy food, not that people should smoke.

Re: Why claim that smoking is not a sin? - JacafamalaRedux - 02-13-2011

Sometimes my head gets to hurting around here. Life is too hard. I don't smoke, mind you, I used to. But no it's not a sin.

Re: Why claim that smoking is not a sin? - Christus Imperat - 02-13-2011

What's so wonderful about smoking?

A classic from Frasier: