FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Pepsi Lovers - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Pepsi Lovers (/showthread.php?tid=43357)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: Pepsi Lovers - Robert De Brus - 03-26-2011

The real hierarchy:

Pepsi Throwback (in a can) >  Pepsi Throwback (in a 20 oz bottle) > Coke (in a can) > Pepsi (in a 20 Oz bottle) > Coke (in a 20 OZ bottle)

I dont know why this is , but I find cokes in bottles (be in 20 oz, 2 liters) disgusting now.  Now they only taste good to me in cans or from a fountain.  Probably good I drink less, considering Im fat.

Re: Pepsi Lovers - patriciaa - 03-26-2011

Yes I have experienced the same problem with soda going flat quickly. It seems to be a recent thing, because in the old days I could leave the cap off for hours and come back and it was still as fizzy and fantastic as ever.

I think the soda companies have once again figured out a way to maximize profits! Cans and glass and fountain is the way to go.

A tip: Buy cheap grenadine at the liquor store (a liter usually goes for a few bucks) and mix it with your Coke. It tastes like a much improved Cherry Coke. Torino Cherry syrup does the trick as well.

Toodles!

Re: Pepsi Lovers - Historian - 03-26-2011

(03-26-2011, 05:36 AM)Robert De Brus Wrote: I dont know why this is , but I find cokes in bottles (be in 20 oz, 2 liters) disgusting now.  Now they only taste good to me in cans or from a fountain.  Probably good I drink less, considering Im fat.

I'm sure Coke alone is responsible for at least 10 pounds of my extra girth.  Sigh.

Lately I've been forcing down Coke Zero.  Better than diet coke, still not as good as The Real Thing, but tolerable.

Re: Pepsi Lovers - AndreasAngelopolitanus - 03-26-2011

I am fond of the Pepsi Company... because they authorize the production of Mountain Dew. 

Re: Pepsi Lovers - St. Drogo - 03-26-2011

I don't drink anything but diet pepsi in the U.S. Corn syrup makes me feel nauseous.
Edit: I lie. I drink Kosher coke when it's available.

Re: Pepsi Lovers - CrusaderKing - 03-27-2011

(03-26-2011, 03:37 PM)AndreasAngelopolitanus Wrote: I am fond of the Pepsi Company... because they authorize the production of Mountain Dew. 

That stuff is pure caffeine in a bottle. If you ever have to travel a long distance at night, bring a bottle of Mountain Dew with you. Your eyes will be wide open  :o the whole trip.

Re: Pepsi Lovers - Underdog - 03-27-2011

My personal preference:

Sweet teaCokeDr. Pepperpretty much all other colas7Up & all other lemon/lime sodas

I don't know why...but lemon/lime sodas often just taste kinda mildewy to me.  Maybe it's b/c a lot of places don't clean their fountains well enough and colas mask the taste of mildew better so that I have come to associate lemon/lime sodas with mildew.  I dunno...but any time scipio buys a Sprite or 7Up instead of a cola I cringe on the inside.  Blech!

Re: Pepsi Lovers - Marc - 03-27-2011

[Image: 0710100604funnycocaco9.jpg]

The photo says it all.

Re: Pepsi Lovers - Bakuryokuso - 03-28-2011

(03-27-2011, 10:08 PM)Underdog Wrote: My personal preference:

Sweet teaCokeDr. Pepperpretty much all other colas7Up & all other lemon/lime sodas

I don't know why...but lemon/lime sodas often just taste kinda mildewy to me.  Maybe it's b/c a lot of places don't clean their fountains well enough and colas mask the taste of mildew better so that I have come to associate lemon/lime sodas with mildew.  I dunno...but any time scipio buys a Sprite or 7Up instead of a cola I cringe on the inside.  Blech!

I really like Dr Pepper too. For fun if I'm on a biz trip and colleague is asking what drinks we want I'll say Diet Dr Pepper please knowing full well it aint readily available in Canada. It was fun to see it driving to NYC last fall though, in fast food joints. Here you can only buy it in the bottles.

Re: Pepsi Lovers - AndreasAngelopolitanus - 03-28-2011

(03-27-2011, 09:07 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 03:37 PM)AndreasAngelopolitanus Wrote: I am fond of the Pepsi Company... because they authorize the production of Mountain Dew. 
That stuff is pure caffeine in a bottle. If you ever have to travel a long distance at night, bring a bottle of Mountain Dew with you. Your eyes will be wide open  :o the whole trip.

Are you kiddin'?  :laughing:  At bedtime, I usually have one on my nightstand... to sip as I drift off to sleep.

I believe my "caffeine threshold" is MUCH higher than yours, eh?  ;)