FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Another EENS, please be patient... - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Theology and Philosophy (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Another EENS, please be patient... (/showthread.php?tid=44655)

Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - wulfrano - 06-12-2011

(06-12-2011, 04:20 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(06-11-2011, 08:03 PM)wulfrano Wrote: You remind me of Job's friends.  Just read what God told them. 

wulfrano, please feel free to quote any Church authority who taught that the Doctrine of God's Divine Providence means that God creates circumstances for no purpose - other than to break His own Law.

I simply do not like you putting limits to God's mercy.  His mercy is infinite.

(06-12-2011, 04:48 PM)Gregory I Wrote:
(06-11-2011, 08:03 PM)wulfrano Wrote: You remind me of Job's friends.  Just read what God told them. 

wulfrano, please feel free to quote any Church authority who taught that the Doctrine of God's Divine Providence means that God creates circumstances for no purpose - other than to break His own Law.

This! ;D

It is not Vatican II or Protestant to trust in God's providence. Millions will die. Millions will go to Hell. This will be just because God owes no one Heaven, and he deliberately chooses not to save those whom he does not elect to salvation. The Elect will be saved by God's designs, which are hidden. I simply contend that it will not consist of anything but the Catholic Faith and sacraments.

God will save anyone who wants to be saved.  He will do it indirectly through his Church or directly by Himself.

Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - GottmitunsAlex - 06-12-2011

(06-12-2011, 08:37 PM)wulfrano Wrote:

Very, Very true. And also is His judgement.

(06-12-2011, 08:42 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:

Very, Very true. And also is His judgement.

This.

Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - Stubborn - 06-13-2011

(06-12-2011, 08:32 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 02:32 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 02:28 AM)Gregory I Wrote: I appreciate your zeal friend.

I also appreciate your concern. But God is in control.

He is aware of the way things are. Remember:

"The arm of the Lord is not too short to save."
Gregory, that sounds like Vatican 2 speech....
Kind of sounds as subliminally it's ok for protestants to stay protestant cause..."The arm of the Lord is not too short to save"..
I wonder what the martyrs and all the missionaries (RIP) would think about that expression.
It is our duty and command to evangelize all the corners of the world.
It's too easy to say...."don't worry about it..."The arm of the Lord is not too short to save."

I wonder if the holy french jesuits who went and baptized hurons and iriquois had the same mind set as today's bingo-playing clergy.

Today's clergy simply believe in BOD so there's no pressing necessity to leave their bingo tables.

wulfrano, you did not provide any quote  - why not?

Perhaps you can provide a Church teaching that has nothing to do with BOD where the Church teaches that the Doctrine of God's Divine Providence, means that God creates circumstances for no purpose - other than to break His own Law, thereby showing His infinite mercy.

Or should it be said that God shows His infinite mercy by providing us with what He said we need?

(06-12-2011, 08:34 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 04:17 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(06-11-2011, 07:52 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(06-11-2011, 01:07 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 06:47 PM)wulfrano Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 07:59 AM)Stubborn Wrote: There is no one about to die in the state of justification whom God cannot secure Baptism for, and indeed, Baptism of Water. The schemes concerning salvation, I leave to the sceptics. The clear truths of salvation, I am preaching to you. - Fr. Feeney

I must remind you that Feeney was excommunicated by the Holy Office (former Inquisition) under Pius XII.

As was St. Athanasius and St. Joan of Arc.

FWIW, Fr. Feeney's excommunication was lifted before he died - he never recanted a thing nor was he ever even asked to recant a thing.

The excommunications of St. Athanasius and St. Joan of Arc were unjust and wrong and invalid.  The excommunication of Feeney was just, right and valid.

I'm surprised you actually believe that.

Check it out in history books.

Actually, I am proud to say that Fr. Feeney was a close friend of my Mother and family for about the last 8 or 10 years of his life.

Seems to me that you freely accuse without just cause - IOW, your accusations, while unfounded, defame the good priest who actually was doing everything he could to do what YOU keep posting - - - - "get of his butt and go baptize".

You are showing two faces - no one knows whether you are "hot or cold"......which of your faces is true?

Just FYI, The Loyolas and the Cabots is, IMO, the most accurate recording of the events in regards to Fr. Feeney - perhaps you would do the charity of reading it? Regardless of your current opinion, I am sure you'll agree it to be an absolutely a fascinating read - and it even makes sense!

From the book.....................................

The strangest feature of this case is not, as might be commonly supposed, that some Boston Catholics were holding heresy and were being rebuked by their legitimate superiors. It is, rather, that these same Catholics were accusing their ecclesiastical superiors and academic mentors of teaching heresy, and as thanks for having been so solicitous were immediately suppressed by these same authorities on the score of being intolerant and bigoted. If history takes any note of this large incident (in what is often called the most Catholic city in the United States) it may interest historians to note that those who were punished were never accused of holding heresy, but only of being intolerant, unbroadminded and disobedient. It is also to be noted that the same authorities have never gone to the slightest trouble to point out wherein the accusation made against them by the “Boston group” is unfounded. In a heresy case usually a subject is being punished by his superior for denying a doctrine of his church. In this heresy case a subject of the Church is being punished by his superior for professing a defined doctrine.

Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - wulfrano - 06-13-2011

"You are showing two faces - no one knows whether you are "hot or cold"......which of your faces is true?"

None of my faces are true.  The only true thing is Truth Itself.  Fr. Feeney had the guts to go against Pius XII and that puts him off my list.

I have no time and no need to read about Feeney.

My personal opinion of him is that he was a show-off.

I am glad he got what he got.

If he was so concerned about salvation of non-catholics, why didn't he go to Africa or Asia and baptize heathens and pagans and muslims and atheists, instead of hanging on to his microphone?  Look at today's Protestants.  They are going to those places baptizing and handing out free Bibles and risking and losing their lives doing it.  Don't tell me they, in spite of being heretics,  don't have a better chance of salvation than today's show-off bingo-playing do-nothing non-missionary clergy.

Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - UnamSanctam - 06-13-2011

(06-13-2011, 09:23 PM)wulfrano Wrote: "You are showing two faces - no one knows whether you are "hot or cold"......which of your faces is true?"

None of my faces are true.  The only true thing is Truth Itself.  Fr. Feeney had the guts to go against Pius XII and that puts him off my list.

If he was so concerned about salvation of non-catholics, why didn't he go to Africa or Asia and baptize heathens and pagans and muslims and atheists, instead of hanging on to his microphone?  Look at today's Protestants.  They are going to those places baptizing and handing out free Bibles and risking and losing their lives doing it.  Don't tell me they, in spite of being heretics,  don't have a better chance of salvation than today's show-off bingo-playing do-nothing non-missionary clergy.

I would say that they have an equal shot at salvation.

"Whoever does not gather with me scatters". The Prots gather into a false fold, the complacent 'bingo players' gather nothing.

Re: Another EENS, please be patient... - wulfrano - 06-13-2011

(06-13-2011, 09:58 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:
(06-13-2011, 09:23 PM)wulfrano Wrote: "You are showing two faces - no one knows whether you are "hot or cold"......which of your faces is true?"

I would say that they have an equal shot at salvation.

"Whoever does not gather with me scatters". The Prots gather into a false fold, the complacent 'bingo players' gather nothing.

Thank you, Unam Sanctam, for your splendid and balanced comments.