FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Cigars - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Cigars (/showthread.php?tid=46174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: Cigars - Raskolnikov - 06-20-2011

Are cigars addictive? I plan to quit smoking soon, but I want to smoke a few cigars when I go to Italy at the end of this year (just because that's awesome and I'm a pretentious tosser). Would a cigar give me nicotine cravings if I've been off cigarettes for quite a while?

Re: Cigars - Joshua - 06-20-2011

(06-20-2011, 03:23 AM)Raskolnikov Wrote: Are cigars addictive? I plan to quit smoking soon, but I want to smoke a few cigars when I go to Italy at the end of this year (just because that's awesome and I'm a pretentious tosser). Would a cigar give me nicotine cravings if I've been off cigarettes for quite a while?

I've never smoked a single cigarette in my life, but I've been smoking cigars and pipe tobacco for about 3 years now and I can't say I experience any addiction whatsoever, not even cravings. Typically I'll smoke a cigar only for barbecues or outdoor activities which usually amounts to about one or two a month. However, some folks have more of a propensity to addictions that others.

Re: Cigars - Raskolnikov - 06-20-2011

(06-20-2011, 03:58 AM)Joshua Wrote:
(06-20-2011, 03:23 AM)Raskolnikov Wrote: Are cigars addictive? I plan to quit smoking soon, but I want to smoke a few cigars when I go to Italy at the end of this year (just because that's awesome and I'm a pretentious tosser). Would a cigar give me nicotine cravings if I've been off cigarettes for quite a while?

I've never smoked a single cigarette in my life, but I've been smoking cigars and pipe tobacco for about 3 years now and I can't say I experience any addiction whatsoever, not even cravings. Typically I'll smoke a cigar only for barbecues or outdoor activities which usually amounts to about one or two a month. However, some folks have more of a propensity to addictions that others.

Good to know. In that case, I'll smoke cigars like a Cuban drug lord.

Re: Cigars - Historian - 06-20-2011

(06-20-2011, 02:15 AM)Joshua Wrote: Perhaps you should address this to Pope St. Pius X, an avid cigar smoker and snuff user. You piping up (no pun intended) on this subject with the same lines every time is quite obnoxious. Give it a rest.

And Pope John Paul II kissed the Koran and allowed altar girls. They are all human.

It is obnoxious perhaps, but it is necessary.

The subject is a way of using drugs. The reason for using them is for an image at best.

People can do as they will. I do not care what others choose to do. However, attempting to enhance the prestige of this activity is dangerous because it may influence others.

It is a way of using drugs. Have the decency to keep your drug habits to yourself.

If one wants the look, just carry around a pipe or cigar and chew on the end thoughtfully now and then.

The way these habits are glorified on this forum is dangerous and obnoxious.

Re: Cigars - devotedknuckles - 06-20-2011

rosie
whats the difference between harion, asa, tobaco, advil, methamphetamine, pot, booze?
all are drugs
any difference?
maybe u should keep your dim wit comments to yourself
sip

Re: Cigars - St. Drogo - 06-20-2011

(06-20-2011, 10:18 AM)Rosarium Wrote:
(06-20-2011, 02:15 AM)Joshua Wrote: Perhaps you should address this to Pope St. Pius X, an avid cigar smoker and snuff user. You piping up (no pun intended) on this subject with the same lines every time is quite obnoxious. Give it a rest.

And Pope John Paul II kissed the Koran and allowed altar girls. They are all human.

This is a patent red herring.
(06-20-2011, 10:18 AM)Rosarium Wrote: The subject is a way of using drugs. The reason for using them is for an image at best.
I smoke alone most of the time.
(06-20-2011, 10:18 AM)Rosarium Wrote: People can do as they will. I do not care what others choose to do. However, attempting to enhance the prestige of this activity is dangerous because it may influence others.
I don't see the problem with that.
(06-20-2011, 10:18 AM)Rosarium Wrote: It is a way of using drugs. Have the decency to keep your drug habits to yourself.

If one wants the look, just carry around a pipe or cigar and chew on the end thoughtfully now and then.

You are a moron.

you can say that again
puff puff

Re: Cigars - Historian - 06-20-2011

(06-20-2011, 11:13 AM)St. Drogo Wrote: This is a patent red herring.
The Pope Pious reference was a red herring as well.

Whether it is sinful or not and to what degree is not the issue here.

Quote:I smoke alone most of the time.
I said the image was "at best".

Drug addiction and compulsion at worst.

Quote:You are a moron.
That means what I have to say should be easy for others to understand.

Re: Cigars - Paddy of Denmark - 06-20-2011

(06-20-2011, 10:18 AM)Rosarium Wrote:

The subject is a way of using drugs. The reason for using them is for an image at best.

People can do as they will. I do not care what others choose to do. However, attempting to enhance the prestige of this activity is dangerous because it may influence others.

It is a way of using drugs. Have the decency to keep your drug habits to yourself.

Now, I can't say that I know you well. Still, this sort of rhetoric sounds like the usual Cult of the Body, you hear from the Welfare State. The Catholic Church teaches that a moderate use of tobacco is licit on the same level as alcohol is. I sincerely do not see the issue with tobacco.

It's because gouebsoeakin with a guy who doesn't understand different drugs effect the body different wasy and instead he blankets e ery and all "drugs" from caffienenis to harione to tobaco to crack as exactly the same thing
puff
good luck trying to reason with Rosie in this
u will have more success talking to a wall or
puff
a corpse