FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! (/showthread.php?tid=46702)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - salus - 07-06-2011

http://soltnews.blogspot.com/2011/07/press-release-concerning-fr-john-corapi.html

This does not look like Father Corapi Said.

Re: Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - Magdalene - 07-06-2011

The great danger inherent in fame.

The great danger inherent in money.

All this makes me admire Archbishop Fulton Sheen all the more--he had the fame but kept his soul.

Fr. Corapi had a powerful voice and a powerful message; he was gifted by God in his apostolic preaching.  He touched many hearts and souls and he knew the score concerning the religious life.  No one is exempt from temptation.  Thousands, legions, of demons were after that man's soul.  It seems there is no strong voice left sometimes--Fr. Euteneuer was taken down--and others.  It is not a good thing to have a huge following I suppose.

The strongest voices in the clergy?  Our Holy Father!  And Cardinal Burke perhaps.
Who do you think?

Re: Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - Augstine Baker - 07-06-2011

It's a good thing St. Francis had a small following.

Re: Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - rbjmartin - 07-06-2011

(07-06-2011, 11:34 AM)Magdalene Wrote: The great danger inherent in fame.

All this makes me admire Archbishop Fulton Sheen all the more--he had the fame but kept his soul.

Fr. Corapi had a powerful voice and a powerful message; he was gifted by God in his apostolic preaching.  He touched many hearts and souls and he knew the score concerning the religious life.  No one is exempt from temptation.  Thousands, legions, of demons were after that man's soul.  It seems there is no strong voice left sometimes--Fr. Euteneuer was taken down--and others.  It is not a good thing to have a huge following I suppose.

The strongest voices in the clergy?  Our Holy Father!  And Cardinal Burke perhaps.
Who do you think?

I agree with your assessment. I think it's very dangerous for a Catholic cleric to accept the spotlight as a national leader and great preacher. A priest's spiritual instinct should be to shrink away from fame and influence. If he is a mere religious priest, the grace of his office will not protect him from temptation once he is in the public spotlight. The Holy Father, on the other hand, by virtue of his office, receives grace to handle the temptations of widespread fame. The same could have been said for Archbishop Sheen. A bishop is, by virtue of his office, in the public spotlight, and so he receives grace accordingly.

I'm just dumbfounded as to how Fr. Corapi was able to hide all this stuff for so long (both the women and the toys). I guess he couldn't hide it forever.

Re: Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - rosemary6 - 07-06-2011

I heard his testimony about his sinful lifestyle shortly after I became Catholic, and years later, when I told an elderly Traditional Catholic about his past life before his conversion, she said he had to be a fake.  I now attend a SSPX Chapel, and have since learned some of the things that disqualify a man from entering the Seminary.  One of them is the lifestyle that Father Corapi had.  He should have been required to live a life of penance for quite sometime before ever being able to enter a Seminary, and it’s even doubtful he would have been able to do that with the amount of sins he had to make reparation for.  He probably never should have been a Priest in the first place.  I remember on the tape of his testimony him saying once he had “confessed every sin in the book” to an elderly Priest, then saying “and Father I’m going to be a Priest”.  My thinking at the time was more Protestant yet (where you can sin and never make reparation) so the significance of that statement didn’t hit me like it does today.  It appears he has never faced the issue of penance, suffering, and making reparation for our sins, which is so necessary to get to heaven. 

Re: Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - salus - 07-06-2011

He never really understood the TRADITION  part of the faith in dogma's and practices. Since Vatican 2 this is becoming more of a problem with priests who aren't being trained as vigorously as they were decades ago.

Re: Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - devotedknuckles - 07-06-2011

Wow
just think if fsther corapo was raping boys and being a good NO pedo hebwoukd of been given a fancy vecation and a new parish full of more young boys
sip
gasp he slept with the wrong sex snd age group here
sip
sleeping with women is just to much for most NO bishops to bere. Kids and men well that's a different matter
sip
one nore thing. Why dis the women give hi. Up when she did? Hell hath no fury ..........

Re: Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - In nomine Patris - 07-06-2011

Who do you think?

Your local pastor, priest, humble and holy, doing their job. I have one in mind, who died several years ago, a simple, holy, humble priest.  I believe he can be a great intercessor from heaven. Those kind of priests, salt of the church.

Re: Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - Augstine Baker - 07-06-2011

What else is new?

Showtrial time.

Re: Father Corapi's Superior Levels the Charges! - In nomine Patris - 07-06-2011

(07-06-2011, 11:42 AM)rbjmartin Wrote:

Who do you think?

I agree with your assessment. I think it's very dangerous for a Catholic cleric to accept the spotlight as a national leader and great preacher. A priest's spiritual instinct should be to shrink away from fame and influence. If he is a mere religious priest, the grace of his office will not protect him from temptation once he is in the public spotlight. The Holy Father, on the other hand, by virtue of his office, receives grace to handle the temptations of widespread fame. The same could have been said for Archbishop Sheen. A bishop is, by virtue of his office, in the public spotlight, and so he receives grace accordingly.

I'm just dumbfounded as to how Fr. Corapi was able to hide all this stuff for so long (both the women and the toys). I guess he couldn't hide it forever.

Kinda hard to hide lakefront houses, boats, cars, and ho's. When I heard Fr C speak once, I too felt something did not add up. Just a gut feeling. He also said he owned many guns and was worried about having enough protection. He hinted he would use them if need be. Really, this does not suprise me. We need to pray for our priests more. Seriously.