FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting (/showthread.php?tid=46820)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - James02 - 07-10-2011

Excellent Vetus.

Quote: Peace without truth is not possible
Peace WITH truth is not possible.  The world hates Jesus and is the city of the devil.

This simple fact the personalists stumble over.

Re: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - Augstine Baker - 07-10-2011

I'm hoping your instincts and readings of this are incorrect and that this becomes an indictment and not an endorsement of liberalism and relativism.

Re: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - Pilgrim_here - 07-10-2011

(07-09-2011, 10:53 PM)DrBombay Wrote: You can't put sunglasses on a dogs bum and make it smell better.

In other words, Assisi still stinks.

This

Re: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - devotedknuckles - 07-10-2011

Wiggl wiggle

Re: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - DrBombay - 07-10-2011

(07-10-2011, 07:59 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 12:09 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 12:08 AM)DrBombay Wrote: Except Adam Wayne.  She thinks my avatar was changed in response to one of her posts.  Heh.

Adam Wayne is a woman?   ???  I guess I never paid attention to the gender sign.

Adam Wayne is a man.  Calling him a woman is Dr. Bombay's idea of a witty insult.  You have learned something about Dr. Bombay's wit rather than Adam Wayne's gender.

You da man Jayne.  You da man.  :wench:

Re: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - DrBombay - 07-10-2011

(07-10-2011, 10:35 PM)Birkennew Wrote:The Winter Coats and Birkenstock Shoes are good in keeping warm, you can buy the Birkenstock Outlet and Winter Clothes here.

Syncretism.  Heretic.

Re: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - SouthpawLink - 07-10-2011

(07-10-2011, 09:35 AM)mlwalker1972 Wrote: Cardinal Leveda uses a whole lot of words to try to justify this Assisi meeting. I prefer straight-forward language.  Something like -

"Salvation comes through Jesus Christ and His One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. Outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation."

Am I going to hear a simple statement like this come out of Rome in my lifetime?

-Martin

Unless God performs a miracle, then there's a high probability that the answer will be, "No."

Re: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - romanaround - 07-11-2011

(07-10-2011, 03:23 AM)James02 Wrote: Here's the Latin.  Anyone care to translate this?

Quote:Spiritus hic idem est qui in incarnatione, in vita, in morte et resurrectione Iesu est operatus quique in Ecclesia operatur. Non alternat igitur cum Christo, nec explet inane quiddam quod interdum esse putatur inter Christum et Logon. Quod Spiritus in cordibus hominum operatur, in culturis et in religionibus, ad evangelium praeparat (Cfr. Lumen Gentium, 16), nec potest necessitudinem non habere cum Christo, Verbo carne facto Spiritus actione, “ut, perfectus homo, omnes salvaret et universa recapitularet

I'd be interested in having an accurate translation as well.

The Latin is identical to the one in Gaudium et spes, though.

Ah well, it wouldn't be the first time they mistranslated Bl. JPII's words to make it appear as if he tended towards universal salvation...

Re: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - LausTibiChriste - 07-11-2011

(07-10-2011, 11:42 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 09:35 AM)mlwalker1972 Wrote: Cardinal Leveda uses a whole lot of words to try to justify this Assisi meeting. I prefer straight-forward language.  Something like -

"Salvation comes through Jesus Christ and His One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. Outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation."

Am I going to hear a simple statement like this come out of Rome in my lifetime?

-Martin

Unless God performs a miracle, then there's a high probability that the answer will be, "No."

I'm beginning to see more and more than it's going to take a full-on, spectacular miracle to change the present situation. Probably in the form of some chastisement, I think.

Re: Cardinal Levada On Assisi Meeting - James02 - 07-11-2011

Quote: Ah well, it wouldn't be the first time they mistranslated Bl. JPII's words to make it appear as if he tended towards universal salvation...

"They" don't need to mistranslate anything to make JP II "appear" to tend towards universalism.  He definitely DOES tend towards universalism, and even slipped up on his "hell is empty" statement, which the Vatican later retracted.  He named his book "Crossing the Threshold of Hope" for goodness sakes.

No, he most definitely tended that way.  The question is whether he ever crossed the line into the universalist heresy.  That is debatable.