FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? (/showthread.php?tid=47397)

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Arun - 06-19-2012

Oops I was supposed to put a smiley face after I wrote that lol.

70% is pretty strong for me - takes me bloody head off after a bottle of that stuff. Got alcoholmeter now so am cutting to 65% to put across oak chips and bottling at 45%.

Done a nice wheat liquor today (it's not a whiskey cos I used sugar rather than converting the starches - still getting the hang of all-grain mashing!) that I probably won't even age at all.

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Arun - 06-23-2012

Well, I ended up aging the wheat liquor on some bourbon staves and am currently drinking some of it right now. This jar was one of the last to be collected from my spirit run and although in the jar it is barrel-strength (in fact, over that, cos I checked and this stuff will light up and burn in a teaspoon - cool party trick eh?) I have blended it down in my glass with some of the tails from the spirit run as they seemed to have wound up with more of that wheatgerm flavour. It is really nice.

which is good cos I am having a really shitty few days...

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - INPEFESS - 06-23-2012

Columbian coffee.  :coffee:

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - The Dying Flutchman - 06-23-2012

I drank a glass of Absinth last night for the first time. Weird...thats all I can say.

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Titus Alba - 06-23-2012

I had three or four super-sized G&Ts last night.  Gin is so weird to me, because it's like slow-release booze or something.  I'll be going along just fine, and then WHAM! It hits me later.  What is it about that stuff?  I bet Dr. Bombay could tell me.

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Arun - 06-23-2012

(06-23-2012, 08:32 PM)Titus Alba Wrote: I had three or four super-sized G&Ts last night.  Gin is so weird to me, because it's like slow-release booze or something.  I'll be going along just fine, and then WHAM! It hits me later.  What is it about that stuff?  I bet Dr. Bombay could tell me.

Yeah, he's a real GEM. Sapphire to be specific...

;)

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Titus Alba - 06-24-2012

(06-23-2012, 10:48 PM)Arun Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 08:32 PM)Titus Alba Wrote: I had three or four super-sized G&Ts last night.  Gin is so weird to me, because it's like slow-release booze or something.  I'll be going along just fine, and then WHAM! It hits me later.  What is it about that stuff?  I bet Dr. Bombay could tell me.

;)

Slow crowd tonight...but at least you caught that, Arun.

+1 for you! :salute:

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - CollegeCatholic - 06-24-2012

Gatorade.

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - tmw89 - 06-24-2012

(06-24-2012, 05:21 AM)Titus Alba Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 10:48 PM)Arun Wrote:

;)

Slow crowd tonight...but at least you caught that, Arun.

+1 for you! :salute:

Wow.  That whole interaction was one big WIN right there.

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - GottmitunsAlex - 06-24-2012

[Image: coke-zero.jpg]