FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Health, Food, Drink, and Tobacco (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? (/showthread.php?tid=47397)

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Poche - 11-18-2012

mint coffee with chocolate.
:) :) :)

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - LoneWolfRadTrad - 11-19-2012

I guess it's a little late, but my weekend's summary: Old Style, some beer with the word "Zombie" in the name, Corona, a Sprite, Negra Modelo and an apple flavored soft drink called Cidral.

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Titus Alba - 11-19-2012

(11-19-2012, 05:16 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: I guess it's a little late, but my weekend's summary: Old Style, some beer with the word "Zombie" in the name, Corona, a Sprite, Negra Modelo and an apple flavored soft drink called Cidral.

In the "if you could only meet 3 fishies" thread you'd be my first runner up (my choices were Vox, Cindy, and Heinrich).  As a tribute I'm gonna throw everything out here that I've had today (I've had the day off...lol)

Franziskaner Hefe-weisse, Ayinger Jahrhundert-bier, a couple of Sam Adams Wee Heavy, and a Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA.  And a few sips of my wife's cabernet.

The Wee Heavy is totally awesome, and the 120 is super expensive, but I'm glad I've finally managed to try it.  They ship so little of that stuff that this is the first chance I've had.  It's really good...but super expensive ($9 for one 12-oz beer...sorta insane).

Yesterday I had some espresso vodka in Yoohoo.  My brother-in-law's creation, but it's good enough to where I'm gonna say I invented it...And don't you forget it!  That's the first yoohoo I've had since the 80's, I should think.

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Mithrandylan - 11-19-2012

Ironically, the wife picked up a six pack of New Belgium.  Hoptober.

Also have a bottle of Bila Haut we'll be having sometime soon.

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - CollegeCatholic - 11-19-2012

(11-19-2012, 11:54 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Ironically, the wife picked up a six pack of New Belgium.  Hoptober.

I've got some Snow Day in the fridge, but I won't be drinking any tonight.  :(

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Titus Alba - 11-19-2012

(11-19-2012, 11:54 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Ironically, the wife picked up a six pack of New Belgium.  Hoptober.

Ironically?  Did I miss something?

I like Red Hoptober, but I like some of NB's other offerings more.  Solid brewery though.

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Mithrandylan - 11-20-2012

(11-19-2012, 11:59 PM)Titus Alba Wrote:

I like Red Hoptober, but I like some of NB's other offerings more.  Solid brewery though.

Fat Tire is my favorite.  Snowy Day is good, as CC mentioned.  I'm really hoping to try that Abbey stuff that was posted a page back (that is why I said "ironically").

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Heinrich - 11-20-2012

(11-20-2012, 12:03 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(11-19-2012, 11:59 PM)Titus Alba Wrote:

Fat Tire is my favorite.  Snowy Day is good, as CC mentioned.  I'm really hoping to try that Abbey stuff that was posted a page back (that is why I said "ironically").

FT, for me, is good for apres ski or general playing in the snow. The Abbey brew is much more versatile, but a Fat Tire after playing outside in the drifts is a great topper to a day(after prayers of thanksgiving , of course).

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Mithrandylan - 11-20-2012

Fat Tire is a great compliment to a hearty meal, as well.

Re: What are you sipping RIGHT NOW? - Adeodatus01 - 11-20-2012

Old Pulteney 12 year (a Speyside single malt Scotch whisky). Inviting nuttiness in the nose with a smooth caramel palate undertoned with nut, and a finish of sea salt! Truly an amazing expression.