FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
New Sungenis vs Dimond debate - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Theology and Philosophy (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: New Sungenis vs Dimond debate (/showthread.php?tid=47885)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New Sungenis vs Dimond debate - faith3faith - 08-11-2011

I thought this was a very interesting debate. Here is a link to Sungenis' webpage, and on his webpage you can click on a link at the top to listen to that Debate. Apparently, Peter Dimond is a sedevacantist. The Debate was on Vatican II's Nostra Aetate's teaching on the Muslims. Enjoy.  :popcorn: 

http://catholicintl.com/index.php/component/content/article/73-vatican/358-robert-sungenis-vs-bro-peter-dimond

Re: New Sungenis vs Dimond debate - SouthpawLink - 08-11-2011

Knowingly or not, Sungenis called the last two Pontiffs "liberal clerics."  :laughing:

Heresy is not limited to denying defined dogma.  How about non-defining acts of the universal and ordinary Magisterium?

Hasn't the ordinary Magisterium spoken about false worship offered by non-Catholics?  How many moral theology manuals address this issue, aside from two Pontiffs named Gregory?

Re: New Sungenis vs Dimond debate - Joshua - 08-12-2011

(08-11-2011, 07:54 PM)faith3faith Wrote: Apparently, Peter Dimond is a sedevacantist.

Good detective work, Columbo!  ;D

Re: New Sungenis vs Dimond debate - UnamSanctam - 08-14-2011

(08-12-2011, 05:01 AM)Joshua Wrote:
(08-11-2011, 07:54 PM)faith3faith Wrote: Apparently, Peter Dimond is a sedevacantist.

Actually they used to be against sedevacantism as I remember.

Re: New Sungenis vs Dimond debate - ggreg - 08-14-2011

(08-14-2011, 02:32 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:

You must be very old.

When did you discover the Internet?

The Dimonds have been SVs for at least 10 years.

(08-14-2011, 03:03 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(08-14-2011, 02:32 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote:

You must be very old.

When did you discover the Internet?

The Dimonds have been SVs for at least 10 years.

I have been mistaken. It was Dimond brothers in favour of Sedevacantism in this video series.
[video=youtube]
[/video]

Albrecht (aka channel gnrhead) is a poor debater.

Re: New Sungenis vs Dimond debate - Servire Deo - 08-14-2011

(08-14-2011, 03:07 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: [/video]

Albrecht (aka channel gnrhead) is a poor debater.

Are you kidding? He's a horrible debater!

We exchanged messages on YouTube. I asked about his debates and he sent me the one with MHFM.

I listened to it and it was clear the Dimond won the debate.

Me Wrote:Wow, um...with all due respect, he kinda plowed you.

Hopefully the Ken Bird [debate] will be better.

God bless.

gnrhead Wrote:Unfortunately I think you're out of your mind for thinking he "plowed" through me. Peter was unable to deal with ANY of the Catholic Scriptures, Church Fathers, or the Catechism of Trent. He dealt with NOTHING at all relevant and even began to refer to CORRUPTED anaphoras and things not even RELATED to the debate. After the debate he did damage control--and realizing he performed horribly he PULLED out of a planned debate on Vatican II. In fact, it seems like your hero, Mr. Dimond also posted all over my Facebook page demanding that if we debate again he get the opportunity to EDIT and DELETE portions of the debate he seems fit to! For a Sedevacantist, this should even embarrass you. But I would be able to see how someone with a name that means DICKHEAD would be rooting for a person like Mr. Dimond.

GOD BLESS and Good luck

Me Wrote:First of all, he did plow through you. If you won, then why not post it on your YT channel?

Second, he dealt with everything you mentioned, while you seemed to stick only to the Bible, which sounded rather Protestant imo.

Were you really about to debate about Vatican II? I think not. Sedes base their ideology that since 1958, there have been no true Popes. Meaning that any council started by antipopes are invalid from the beginning. Why would he debate the merits of something that he belives can have not merits?

idk what edit and delete you're talking about but it seems like you have something personal against him.

Last, and definitely not least, I am not a sedevacantist.

I thought you were a good apologist, until you actually engaged in debate with someone. Stick to one-way webcam videos.

In the meantime I'll try to find someone who can debate the Dimonds without hiding behind Bible verses.

Hm. Yeah, I am not sede but the debate series certainly tilted in favour of dimond brothers. Albrecht was in way over his head.

I am subscribed to MHFM channel but have never had contact with the Dimonds.

Re: New Sungenis vs Dimond debate - Sigfrid - 08-14-2011

Reminds me of the MHFM lawsuit. Some man joined their "monastery" and donated 1,6 million $ before realising that they weren't in communion with Rome. Then he sued them. There's much the Dimonds one day will have to answer for, but keeping their empty-chair-ism a secret isn't one of them.

(08-14-2011, 05:44 PM)Sigfrid Wrote:

Reminds me of the MHFM lawsuit. Some man joined their "monastery" and donated 1,6 million $ before realising that they weren't in communion with Rome. Then he sued them. There's much the Dimonds one day will have to answer for, but keeping their empty-chair-ism a secret isn't one of them.

They attend a Byzantine DL at a church in full communion with Rome.