FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Canadian Anglicans vote to unite with Rome - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Canadian Anglicans vote to unite with Rome (/showthread.php?tid=48770)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: Canadian Anglicans vote to unite with Rome - jovan66102 - 09-12-2011

(09-12-2011, 01:04 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: The true heir will be whichever claimant is the most incompetent. 

I doubt it. Most of the Romanov Tsars were highly competent rulers. It is unfortunate that Tsar Nikolai was better suited to be a watchmaker than Tsar, but it's not very typical of the family.

Re: Canadian Anglicans vote to unite with Rome - Someone1776 - 09-12-2011

(09-12-2011, 01:06 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-12-2011, 01:04 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: The true heir will be whichever claimant is the most incompetent. 

It is unfortunate that Tsar Nikolai was better suited to be a watchmaker than Tsar, but it's not very typical of the family.

Would you have bought a watch from that man!?

Re: Canadian Anglicans vote to unite with Rome - devotedknuckles - 09-12-2011

hell yes.
that woudl be a neat watch to have

(09-12-2011, 01:12 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: hell yes.
that woudl be a neat watch to have

But would it tell time?

(09-12-2011, 01:09 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: Would you have bought a watch from that man!?

Damn straight, besides being a devout Orthodox Christian and a weak Tsar, he was a damn fine watch maker!

Seriously, Someone, he was a highly skilled watch maker.

(09-12-2011, 01:14 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-12-2011, 01:09 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: Would you have bought a watch from that man!?

Damn straight, besides being a devout Orthodox Christian and a weak Tsar, he was a damn fine watch maker!

Really!?

The more I learn about his reign the more I am convinced he must be a fictional character.

Re: Canadian Anglicans vote to unite with Rome - richness of tradition - 09-12-2011

Is it possible that the Russian Orthodox might actually accept the primacy of Rome?
I guess this would be the fulfillment of Our Lady's words at Fatima.

Re: Canadian Anglicans vote to unite with Rome - The_Harlequin_King - 09-12-2011

To clarify, I was never an Anglican or Episcopal, though my dad was. I grew up in my mom's church, the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

When I was converted to Catholicism, it was before Summorum Pontificum and the local diocesan TLM was really just a small low Mass offered in a chapel behind a nursing home, with no other sacraments besides confession (therefore no Baptism and Confirmation). So I looked for a full parish church to register at, which ended up being an Anglican Use Catholic church. They were, and are, pretty solid and also have the benefit of being a "personal parish", meaning anyone could join without regard for geographic parish boundaries. It also was unique for having a lot of former Protestants. Something like 50% of the church are ex-Protestant converts, and not just of the Anglican/Episcopal variety.

This particular parish was established over 20 years ago, long before the Anglican Ordinariate was ever thought about. The distinctive element of the Anglican Use is that they're allowed to use a form of the 1928 Book of Common Prayer, modified by Rome in 1980. The end result was dubbed the Book of Divine Worship. The order of service is a re-arranged BCP (for example, Gloria near the beginning as we're familiar with, not after Communion) and with the Roman Canon. The Book of Divine Worship also covers Baptism, Confirmation, Matrimony, and funeral rites.

The church will join the Anglican Ordinariate of the U.S. when it's established, but in the meantime it remains under the local archdiocese.

(09-12-2011, 02:10 AM)richness of tradition Wrote: Is it possible that the Russian Orthodox might actually accept the primacy of Rome?
I guess this would be the fulfillment of Our Lady's words at Fatima.

And that's the only way they will ever do it. When the Consecration is done, Our Lord, by His Mother's prayers will bring them home!