FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians (/showthread.php?tid=48895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Old Salt - 09-19-2011

(09-19-2011, 10:56 AM)Nic Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 05:22 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 05:19 PM)dan hunter Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 05:13 PM)JayneK Wrote: Bishop Fellay speaks in a measured way, without hyperbole or polemics.  I admire this about him.
It probably reflects the way his mind works.
He is a genuine Catholic.

If the Society is regularized, I will probably being having much more to do with them.  I consider Bishop Fellay's leadership to be one of the positive aspects of the SSPX.

...but you disagree with their blatant stance against the New Mass.  How can you consider +Fellay's leadership good and "have much more to do with them" when they denounce the Protestant Mass that you constantly defend?
I agree with Bishop Fellays personslly expressed beliefs on the Novus Ordo.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - crusaderfortruth3372 - 09-19-2011

[/quote]

Dan,

Can you cite and quote his opinion of the NOM in here?? Links?

Thanks!

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Nic - 09-19-2011

(09-19-2011, 11:42 AM)dan hunter Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 05:13 PM)JayneK Wrote: Bishop Fellay speaks in a measured way, without hyperbole or polemics.  I admire this about him.

If the Society is regularized, I will probably being having much more to do with them.  I consider Bishop Fellay's leadership to be one of the positive aspects of the SSPX.

...but you disagree with their blatant stance against the New Mass.  How can you consider +Fellay's leadership good and "have much more to do with them" when they denounce the Protestant Mass that you constantly defend?

So you agree that we should not attend the New Mass - ever.  This is the longstanding position of the SSPX.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Old Salt - 09-19-2011

(09-19-2011, 12:28 PM)Nic Wrote:
(09-19-2011, 11:42 AM)dan hunter Wrote:

So you agree that we should not attend the New Mass - ever.  This is the longstanding position of the SSPX.
Bishop Fellay has never expressed the opinion that Catholics should never attend the Novus Ordo.
It might be a longstanding opinion of the SSPX but I have never seen it written or hear Bishop Fellay himself say this.
It is only opinion on SSPX websites, not necessarily Bishop Fellays opinion.
There are differing beliefs on this within the SSPX.
I know personally at least 2 SSPX priests who do not frown on Catholics going to NO Masses.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - JayneK - 09-19-2011

The Novus Ordo Mass is not Protestant and I would be very surprised if Bishop Fellay claimed it were.  I recognize many genuine problems with the NO, but I object to exaggerations of these problems. That is my so-called "defense" of the NO.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - devotedknuckles - 09-19-2011

lVB claims he NO was a Protestant bastard mass. Indojbt bishop Felly had. A plm with that take

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - JayneK - 09-19-2011

(09-19-2011, 06:31 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: lVB claims he NO was a Protestant bastard mass. Indojbt bishop Felly had. A plm with that take

As I recall the actual quote, he said it was "protestantized"  i.e. made more similar to a protestant service.  This does not mean the same thing as being protestant.  We can see the same word formation when people say that a man is feminized.  They are claiming that his behaviour has become more like a woman's.  They are not saying that he has literally turned into a woman.  He is still a man.  Similarly, the NO Mass is still a Catholic Mass.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Justin - 09-19-2011

Don't forget that Dan is a insider to the workings of the Society.  ::) If I remember correct, during Bishop Fellay's talk during the 40 anniversary of the Society, he said something to the effect that the new mass is "bad". And also if the new mass was good, then they would have to accept it. Now mind you this from my memory and not word for word.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - devotedknuckles - 09-19-2011

He uses the word bastard and the word proretaant and the word mass in rhe same sentence in describing the NO
u csn cherry twist it all u want

Whacks rhe offical postion of the sspx in regrds the  NO jaynk?
Surel ucznt b arguing the leader of he sspx doesn't share the position of rhe Offical position of society he leads?
Actually that is what your arguing.