FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians (/showthread.php?tid=48895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Old Salt - 09-15-2011

Not joyful because of sacrilege, but joyful during it.

I once encountered a woman at a TLM who was there as a stranger, I think.

She started yelling in the church that the altar was set up for the priest to "offfer Mass with his back to us", she actually yelled this outloud before Mass.

I went over to her with a big smile on my face [others where talking back to her in a mean way and she talked back angrily] I went up to her with a big smile and gently took her to the vestibule, she was now calm and meek.
I told her in a joyful manner that we all face God in the same direction at Mass.
She became calm and understood this.

Joy even in the face of sacrilege.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - devotedknuckles - 09-15-2011

you can be joyfull all you want. Assisi was an affront to CHRIST with goat piss drinkin hindus doing there deed and voodo rituals and blood sacrificing on the alter.
NO WAY
no joy here for that

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - GottmitunsAlex - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 03:54 PM)dan hunter Wrote: Not joyful because of sacrilege, but joyful during it.

I once encountered a woman at a TLM who was there as a stranger, I think.

She started yelling in the church that the altar was set up for the priest to "offfer Mass with his back to us", she actually yelled this outloud before Mass.

I went over to her with a big smile on my face [others where talking back to her in a mean way and she talked back angrily] I went up to her with a big smile and gently took her to the vestibule, she was now calm and meek.
I told her in a joyful manner that we all face God in the same direction at Mass.
She became calm and understood this.

Joy even in the face of sacrilege.
Oh, was that the mass that had the Tabernacle sitting on the altar?

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Someone1776 - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 03:59 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: you can be joyfull all you want. Assisi was an affront to CHRIST with goat piss drinkin hindus doing there deed and voodo rituals and blood sacrificing on the alter.
NO WAY
no joy here for that

Bishop Fellay has said despite all the shennanigans that went on at Assisi the worst thing was that all the crucifixes were removed from the rooms the  different religious groups used.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - devotedknuckles - 09-15-2011

he has the gift of understatement

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - crusaderfortruth3372 - 09-15-2011

GOD BLESS THE SSPX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Vetus Ordo - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 04:07 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: he has the gift of understatement

No kiddin'...

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - FHM310 - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 04:04 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: Bishop Fellay has said despite all the shennanigans that went on at Assisi the worst thing was that all the crucifixes were removed from the rooms the  different religious groups used.
(09-15-2011, 04:42 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 04:07 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: he has the gift of understatement

No kiddin'...

I never heard him say that was the worst thing that went on at Assisi.  But here is what he said about the "beatification" of the Pope of Assisi:

Quote:Interviewer: The second question regards your thoughts about the beatification of Pope John Paul II.

Bishop Bernard Fellay:  A very, very mixed feeling. The impression of an incredible rush, despite all the rules that the Church provides before proceeding to such an act. There is a sense of imprudence. For example, when the Church wants to beatify or to canonize, she used to examine what was said or written by the candidate very closely. In this case, however, most of what has been written is still in the secret Vatican archives which have not been opened yet. Therefore we remain ill at ease. We fear a will to seal a cause that John Paul II began and wanted to follow during his pontificate, a cause for which he wanted to be the apostle.

Gift of understatement, indeed.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - JayneK - 09-15-2011

Bishop Fellay speaks in a measured way, without hyperbole or polemics.  I admire this about him.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Old Salt - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 05:13 PM)JayneK Wrote: Bishop Fellay speaks in a measured way, without hyperbole or polemics.  I admire this about him.
It probably reflects the way his mind works.
He is a genuine Catholic.