FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians (/showthread.php?tid=48895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - JayneK - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 05:19 PM)dan hunter Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 05:13 PM)JayneK Wrote: Bishop Fellay speaks in a measured way, without hyperbole or polemics.  I admire this about him.
It probably reflects the way his mind works.
He is a genuine Catholic.

If the Society is regularized, I will probably being having much more to do with them.  I consider Bishop Fellay's leadership to be one of the positive aspects of the SSPX.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Old Salt - 09-15-2011

Do you have an SSPX chapel or priory near you?

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - JayneK - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 05:26 PM)dan hunter Wrote: Do you have an SSPX chapel or priory near you?

Yes, there is one quite close to my city house. I would greatly appreciate being able to go to Confession there.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Old Salt - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 05:29 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-15-2011, 05:26 PM)dan hunter Wrote: Do you have an SSPX chapel or priory near you?

Yes, there is one quite close to my city house. I would greatly appreciate being able to go to Confession there.
Well Well!
You have city house and another house have you?
Only kidding,

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - LausTibiChriste - 09-15-2011

Nothings stopping you...

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Jesse - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 05:32 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: Nothings stopping you...

Are you trying to bait her into the jurisdiction controversy?  Tsk, tsk...

she can go, but nothing will happen.

(09-15-2011, 05:32 PM)dan hunter Wrote: Well Well!
You have city house and another house have you?
Only kidding,

Yes, I have a city house and a country house.  Which will be a worse direction to derail this thread - "Jayne has too much money" or "the validity of SSPX Confessions"?  :)

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - Magdalene - 09-15-2011

(09-15-2011, 12:20 PM)Stubborn Wrote: This letter is a complete joke. Who here has ever heard of a "Doctrinal Preamble" anyway? - another fresh novelty of the NO?

In short, the main message I see is that all the talks that spanned over a period of two years fell on deaf ears. Who thinks SSPX is going to agree this when, according to this letter, nothing at all has changed?

I disagree.  This is no joke. This is the olive branch of reconciliation. I do think that the SSPX will agree although perhaps not all and those ones risk remaining outside of the jurisdiction of the holy Father for who knows how long...protestants are outside his jurisdiction too.  Pope Benedict is willing to go quite far to incorporate the SSPX back to the fold in such a way that the moniker of schism no longer is laid upon them as it is still.

And if things can be worked out, many will then feel free to attend the SSPX chapels that do not feel that way at present.  This is huge!  So many dioceses are dragging their feet on the SP and now this "Prelature" would be outside the oversight of the bishop but yet remain under the Holy Father.

I think there are some that wish to hang on to their bitterness and anger but that benefits no one.  It is time for all concerned to do what they can to heal this wound.  Does that mean a total repudiation of VII? No. That will not happen. But there seems to be loopholes appearing as to its total acceptance.

Re: Tornielli: “Peace” agreement reached between Vatican and Lefebvrians - devotedknuckles - 09-15-2011

Well as for hyberbolw show me what in myvpost was in factual error? Are you arguing there was no sacrelege? Tht Hindus did NOT do some evil ritual of theirs? Tht voodoo priestess did NOT do an evil ritual there?
As for being a genuine catholic Thad not for you hunter o you jaynke to decide
I was cstholic  enogh for prods to Want  to maim and burn me flats down. I was catholic enogh for the Brits to hereass me every fuckin day.  Was catholic enogh ro not apostasize ever ever ever
if thss no cstholic enough for house toucan as the frenchies say
f**k off
Either way u deciding if one is catholic or not is enough to smrk you as a pickled bgger
converts declarig others nor cstholic enough lol
spare me