FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Theology and Philosophy (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... (/showthread.php?tid=49100)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - Jesse - 10-04-2011

(10-03-2011, 05:51 PM)dan hunter Wrote:
(10-03-2011, 05:37 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: dan, can I quote that in my sig?

It's possibly one of the funniest things Iv'e ever seen on this site
Go for it and thank you.
I have a hard time pretending to be serious.
See all my postings from the Womens "Swimsuit" section. It was hilarious seeing lolanthe get her knickers all bunched up,

Wouldn't deliberately baiting someone in order to enjoy them being upset fall into some category of sin?  I find this rather ironic, since you were making the point on modesty that we should not be the near occasion of sin for others, yet you seem to have to delighted in being that for Iolanthe.

Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - Old Salt - 10-04-2011

Lighten up Jesse.
It was a joke made by a Zoroastrian badger dweller.

Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - archdiocesan - 10-04-2011

Why has Stubborn not commented on the use of "Holy Spirit" by the SSPX USA website? Is he blind as well as obdurate?

Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - jovan66102 - 10-05-2011

(10-04-2011, 06:26 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: Why has Stubborn not commented on the use of "Holy Spirit" by the SSPX USA website? Is he blind as well as obdurate?

He knows that the SSPX never uses Holy Spirit and he doesn't want to be bothered by facts! :laughing:

Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - Stubborn - 10-05-2011

(10-05-2011, 01:45 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-04-2011, 06:26 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: Why has Stubborn not commented on the use of "Holy Spirit" by the SSPX USA website? Is he blind as well as obdurate?

He knows that the SSPX never uses Holy Spirit and he doesn't want to be bothered by facts! :laughing:

The SSPX quotes don't mean a thing - for all anyone knows they were copied and pasted from various sources. And there are occasions that trads use HS - but not like the NO. The language change was totally obvious in the late 60s - and still is if you listen.

I already stated the facts. You people, particularly jovan, who should know better, miss the obvious as a matter of practice. Avoid the NO completely for a few years then perhaps you'll begin to understand.

Feel free to post a youtube showing a trad priest using HS like a NO priest uses it any time - and good luck!  :laughing:

Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - archdiocesan - 10-05-2011

"Holy Spirit" and "Holy Ghost" are both names for the same person of the Trinity, and neither is unorthodox, dubious, questionable etc. The 1903 English translation of Leo XIII's encyclical on the Holy Spirit was titled... "The Holy Spirit". As were subsequent English translations.

From the Baltimore Catechism:
Quote:Q. 420. Who is the Holy Ghost?
A. The Holy Ghost is the third Person of the Blessed Trinity.

Q. 421. Did the Holy Ghost ever appear?
A. The Holy Ghost appeared at times under the form of a dove, and again under the form of tongues of fire; for, being a pure spirit without a body, He can take any form.

Q. 422. Is the Holy Ghost called by other names?
A. The Holy Ghost is called also the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete, the Spirit of Truth and other names given in Holy Scripture.

It's one thing - a laudable thing - to be stubborn in adherence to the truth. It's another to be stubborn in error.

Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - Old Salt - 10-05-2011

(10-05-2011, 02:57 PM)archdiocesan Wrote: "Holy Spirit" and "Holy Ghost" are both names for the same person of the Trinity, and neither is unorthodox, dubious, questionable etc. The 1903 English translation of Leo XIII's encyclical on the Holy Spirit was titled... "The Holy Spirit". As were subsequent English translations.

From the Baltimore Catechism:
Quote:Q. 420. Who is the Holy Ghost?
A. The Holy Ghost is the third Person of the Blessed Trinity.

Q. 421. Did the Holy Ghost ever appear?
A. The Holy Ghost appeared at times under the form of a dove, and again under the form of tongues of fire; for, being a pure spirit without a body, He can take any form.

Q. 422. Is the Holy Ghost called by other names?
A. The Holy Ghost is called also the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete, the Spirit of Truth and other names given in Holy Scripture.

It's one thing - a laudable thing - to be stubborn in adherence to the truth. It's another to be stubborn in error.
Some people do not give a rats fat you know what about the Truth.
They only want to pigeon-hole people within niches of their own making because of biases and stereotypes that they refuse to relinquish.

Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - newyorkcatholic - 10-05-2011

(10-05-2011, 03:25 PM)dan hunter Wrote: a rats fat

A nice assonant phrase there!

Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - jovan66102 - 10-06-2011

(10-05-2011, 06:55 AM)Stubborn Wrote: The SSPX quotes don't mean a thing - for all anyone knows they were copied and pasted from various sources. And there are occasions that trads use HS - but not like the NO. The language change was totally obvious in the late 60s - and still is if you listen.

I already stated the facts. You people, particularly jovan, who should know better, miss the obvious as a matter of practice. Avoid the NO completely for a few years then perhaps you'll begin to understand.

I have never disputed the point you make here. What I do dispute is your claim to Godlike omniscience that you know what every SSPX priest in the world does. Dan, who has personal experience of the Priest in question, says one thing. You, who admit to never having attended the Priest's Masses, say another. Who am I going to believe? The man who, on many Sundays sits in the pews listening to the Priest, or the man who admits he has no personal knowledge of the situation?

Re: Do You Think the Holy Ghost Chose Pope Benedict XVI.... - SaintRafael - 10-06-2011

Whether or not the Holy Ghost chose Benedict, God allowed Ratzinger to become Pope. He is a transitional Pope. A bridge between the bad Popes and the future good Popes of restoration.

St. John Eudes wrote in The Priest, His Dignity and Obligations:
Quote:“The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clergy who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than charity and affection of devoted shepherds ...
“When God permits such things, it is a very positive proof that He is thoroughly angry with His people, and is visiting His most dreadful anger upon them. That is why He cries unceasingly to Christians, ‘Return O ye revolting children ... and I will give you pastors according to My own heart’. (Jer. 3:14,15) Thus, irregularities in the lives of priests constitute a scourge upon the people in consequence of sin.”

We get the Popes, bishops, and priests we deserve.