FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other Religions (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ (/showthread.php?tid=49427)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - Mithrandylan - 10-08-2011

Who are you?

Re: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - jovan66102 - 10-08-2011

(10-08-2011, 12:34 AM)Cooler King Wrote:
(10-08-2011, 12:30 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Der ganze Kredit ist wegen Jovan. Er ist ein alter und kluger Mann!
Nein. Es war Hawaii-funf 0

Yeah! H50 actually nailed him before I did!

Re: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - SouthpawLink - 10-08-2011

I just don't see how the Church could have been historically wrong about the Jews.  Even the last revision of the Baltimore Catechism (1941) told us that one way of protecting our faith was by not associating with the Church's enemies (q. 204), among whom are the Jews.  This does not mean, however, that we should not show them the signs of charity (cf. Pope Pius IX, QCM, n. 9).

Re: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - mikemac - 10-08-2011

Do you know how to bat a payos Cooler King?  That's a good way to start a "dialogue".  They'll either think it's funny or they won't. 

Re: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - alaric - 10-09-2011

(10-07-2011, 11:51 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 11:49 PM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 11:43 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: OK, having read all his posts in this thread and responded to three, I think I know what's going on and thanks to another thread, I think I know who 'cooler king' is! :laughing:

Like I said, someone's getting yanked...  :laughing:  

Yep! Have you figured out who, yet? :laughing:
Ok let me in on it.........but I got a hunch.

Re: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - alaric - 10-09-2011

(10-07-2011, 09:00 PM)Underdog Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 08:42 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: So the Church, a vehicle of God's grace and eternal word, was utterly incapable of reforming her children to act civilly and decently towards the Jews? We're talking about basic levels of social decency and fellowship. The Church couldn't do anything about this hatred for more than 1500 years? The only solution was to put Jews in ghettoes or agreeing to their expulsion en masse from several countries?

Yes...whenever folks who were hate-filled came to power...the Church was pretty powerless to do much about it (and some clergy...even popes...were probably at times a bit culpable for fanning the flame).  Please don't make the mistake of thinking that I'm lumping everyone in together...some folks hate and envy...that's the way it has been and will be...sad that some folks choose to reject God's graces.  That, at least, is my $.02.
It's always the Church's fault isn't it? Always Christian "hate and envy" when it comes to your precious Judaics, they're never wrong about nothing, just an oppressed, misunderstood group who just want to go about their business have the same rights as any other ethnicity or religious sect.

Why them bad mean ol popes and bishops just have it out for our elder cousins of the faith for no other reason at all because their Jews.

Gimme a break already. ::)

Re: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - mikemac - 10-09-2011

(10-09-2011, 03:20 AM)Cooler King Wrote:
(10-08-2011, 07:19 PM)mikemac Wrote: Do you know how to bat a payos Cooler King?  That's a good way to start a "dialogue".  They'll either think it's funny or they won't. 
Man, how uncharitable! Can't we all just get along?

Well "dialogue" with them until your hearts content.  But also know that the blindness of those people will happen until the fullness of the gentiles come in.  I can think of at least one nation, Saudi Arabia where His Word has not been taken to yet.  So the fullness of the gentiles has not come in yet.  Besides in the end God will send His two witnesses to Jerusalem for the conversion of those people to the Faith of Jesus Christ.

Romans 11:25 "For I would not have you ignorant, brethren, of this mystery, (lest you should be wise in your own conceits), that blindness in part has happened in Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles should come in."

Apocalypse 11:3 & 7-8 "3 And I will give unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.  7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast, that ascendeth out of the abyss, shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.  8 And their bodies shall lie in the streets of the great city, which is called spiritually, Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord also was crucified."

And besides you are not going to convert anyone with "dialogue".  It is only through God's Graces that they will be pulled into the fold of the Catholic Church.  Praying for them would work more than "dialogue" would.   

Re: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - Underdog - 10-10-2011

(10-07-2011, 09:31 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: What I've been trying to show you until now is that this "hatred" or "envy" of Jews was no small a phenomenon in the Christian world. It was common to all men, clergy and laity, down in Christian history.

There's something else going on here other than a mere rejection of God's grace by some poor souls. Certainly the Gospel has the power to change men and societies, has it not? The social discrimination of the Jews only really stopped in the last century given the influence of Liberalism, Modernism and Protestantism.

Are you trying to make the argument that because the social discrimination of Jews gradually came to an end first in non-Catholic Christian countries that that proves it is right and just to socially discriminate against Jews?

Re: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - Vetus Ordo - 10-10-2011

(10-10-2011, 11:28 AM)Underdog Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 09:31 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: What I've been trying to show you until now is that this "hatred" or "envy" of Jews was no small a phenomenon in the Christian world. It was common to all men, clergy and laity, down in Christian history.

There's something else going on here other than a mere rejection of God's grace by some poor souls. Certainly the Gospel has the power to change men and societies, has it not? The social discrimination of the Jews only really stopped in the last century given the influence of Liberalism, Modernism and Protestantism.

Are you trying to make the argument that because the social discrimination of Jews gradually came to an end first in non-Catholic Christian countries that that proves it is right and just to socially discriminate against Jews?

It's simple, UD:

If social discrimination of Jews is intrinsically wrong, then the Church was simply wrong for many centuries and an accessory of evil. There's no way around this, not even by invoking the "some were bad Christians; some did not accept God's grace" cop-out. It was a large and established reality everywhere. You are forced to conclude that Catholic Christendom, the pinnacle of God's kingdom on earth, was dead wrong. In fact, the enemies of the Church were the ones that ended this and other practices, not the Church. The same with slavery and persecution of heretics, for instance.

So, what do you conclude?

Re: Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........ - Mithrandylan - 10-10-2011

Vetus- how many languages do you speak?