FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary (/showthread.php?tid=51952)

Pages: 1 2 3

Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Traditional Guy - 12-31-2011

Mexican-Americans this is especially directed at you since this is your holiest icon. Early in 2001 Santa Fe's Museum of International Folk Art featured a computerized photo collage of Our Lady of Gaudalupe,naked except for a bikini of roses, and held up by a bare-breasted angel. Exhibit curator Tey Marianna Nunn was puzzled by the protests telling the New York Times that "reimaging" Our Lady of Gaudalupe is quite common and the Virgin Mother has been portrayed as a Barbie doll, a karate kicker, and a tatooed lesbian.

This is not the only incident however since Robert Mapplethorpe twisted an altarlike image of the Virgin Mary into a bloody tie rack. T.S. Eliot called art an incarnation of a people's religion. If this is true who do you think inhabits the souls of these so-called "artists"?

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mithrandylan - 12-31-2011

I'm pretty sure other Catholic cultures have a pretty high esteem for the Blessed Virgin.  Our Lady of Guadalupe is patron of the Americas.  The instances of blasphemous art are <b>in no way</b> confined to a particular culture. 

Why are you making this thread, and why are you directing it "especially at Mexican Americans?"  Have they visited this museum more than others?  Mapplethorpe sounds like a Jewish or Northern European name, too.

eta used "refined" instead of "confined"

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Traditional Guy - 12-31-2011

(12-31-2011, 07:41 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I'm pretty sure other Catholic cultures have a pretty high esteem for the Blessed Virgin.  Our Lady of Guadalupe is patron of the Americas.  The instances of blasphemous art are <b>in no way</b> refined to a particular culture. 

Why are you making this thread, and why are you directing it "especially at Mexican Americans?"  Have they visited this museum more than others?  Mapplethorpe sounds like a Jewish or Northern European name, too.
I was saying this in reference to Our Lady of Gaudalupe.

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Spooky - 12-31-2011

??? I'm confuzedled too. What point are you trying to get across TradGuy?

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Traditional Guy - 12-31-2011

(12-31-2011, 07:48 PM)Spooky Wrote: ??? I'm confuzedled too. What point are you trying to get across TradGuy?
There is no hidden meaning or anything. The point is I am relating some instances against Our Lady that would be considered Satanic.

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mithrandylan - 12-31-2011

(12-31-2011, 07:43 PM)Traditional Guy Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 07:41 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I'm pretty sure other Catholic cultures have a pretty high esteem for the Blessed Virgin.  Our Lady of Guadalupe is patron of the Americas.  The instances of blasphemous art are <b>in no way</b> refined to a particular culture. 

Our Lady of Guadalupe is the patroness of the Americas, not Mexico.  She's as much patron of the US as she is patron of South America.  She is also my baptismal patron.  She is also an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who is a spiritual mother to all of us.  You don't insult the Virgin of Guadalupe without insulting Mary, queen of Heaven and Earth.

(12-31-2011, 08:02 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

Our Lady of Guadalupe is the patroness of the Americas, not Mexico.  She's as much patron of the US as she is patron of South America.  She is also my baptismal patron.  She is also an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who is a spiritual mother to all of us.  You don't insult the Virgin of Guadalupe without insulting Mary, queen of Heaven and Earth.
Which is why the thread is called, "Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary..." Now what is your opinion of this mocking instead of the thread itself?

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - alaric - 12-31-2011

(12-31-2011, 08:03 PM)Traditional Guy Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 08:02 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

Which is why the thread is called, "Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary..." Now what is your opinion of this mocking instead of the thread itself?
Sounds like he's more concerned about you offending Mexican-Americans than these demoniacs offending the BVM.

alaric Wrote:Sounds like he's more concerned about you offending Mexican-Americans than these demoniacs offending the BVM.

No he's just against someone lumping in ALL Mexicans with demoniacs offending the BVM.

TradGuy Wrote:Now what is your opinion of this mocking instead of the thread itself?

This sentence, I simply cannot understand it. Help a blond out, will ya?