FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary (/showthread.php?tid=51952)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - alaric - 12-31-2011

(12-31-2011, 08:20 PM)Spooky Wrote:
alaric Wrote:Sounds like he's more concerned about you offending Mexican-Americans than these demoniacs offending the BVM.

No he's just against someone lumping in ALL Mexicans with demoniacs offending the BVM.
I think you and the Myth are reading too much into all this.

Besides "someone" hasn't even posted on this thread yet. :grin:

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Spooky - 12-31-2011

(12-31-2011, 08:26 PM)alaric Wrote: I think you and the Myth are reading too much into all this.
Probably. Or the OP needs to make this post clearer.  Or both. Yeah, probably both.
Quote:Besides "someone" hasn't even posted on this thread yet. :grin:

snicker.

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Traditional Guy - 12-31-2011

(12-31-2011, 08:21 PM)Spooky Wrote:
TradGuy Wrote:Now what is your opinion of this mocking instead of the thread itself?

This sentence, I simply cannot understand it. Help a blond out, will ya?
I am saying what is your opinion of the mocking of Our Lady rather than how this thread is typed out?

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Traditional Guy - 12-31-2011

alaric Wrote:Sounds like he's more concerned about you offending Mexican-Americans than these demoniacs offending the BVM.

No he's just against someone lumping in ALL Mexicans with demoniacs offending the BVM.
Huh? ??? I am telling Mexican Catholics of the mocking of their holiest icon.

(12-31-2011, 08:42 PM)Traditional Guy Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 08:21 PM)Spooky Wrote:
TradGuy Wrote:Now what is your opinion of this mocking instead of the thread itself?

This sentence, I simply cannot understand it. Help a blond out, will ya?
I am saying what is your opinion of the mocking of Our Lady rather than how this thread is typed out?

What the hell do you think our opinion is?!? This ain't CA.(not California but another CA)

tradguy Wrote:Huh? Huh? I am telling Mexican Catholics of the mocking of their holiest icon.

Ok, I think I get it. Are you saying you are pointing it out to them?

(12-31-2011, 08:47 PM)Spooky Wrote: Ok, I think I get it. Are you saying you are pointing it out to them?
Yes but I was also pointing it out to all Catholics who forgot these "incidences."

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mithrandylan - 12-31-2011

(12-31-2011, 08:03 PM)Traditional Guy Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 08:02 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 07:43 PM)Traditional Guy Wrote:
(12-31-2011, 07:41 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I'm pretty sure other Catholic cultures have a pretty high esteem for the Blessed Virgin.  Our Lady of Guadalupe is patron of the Americas.  The instances of blasphemous art are <b>in no way</b> refined to a particular culture. 

Why are you making this thread, and why are you directing it "especially at Mexican Americans?"  Have they visited this museum more than others?  Mapplethorpe sounds like a Jewish or Northern European name, too.
I was saying this in reference to Our Lady of Gaudalupe.

Our Lady of Guadalupe is the patroness of the Americas, not Mexico.  She's as much patron of the US as she is patron of South America.  She is also my baptismal patron.  She is also an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who is a spiritual mother to all of us.  You don't insult the Virgin of Guadalupe without insulting Mary, queen of Heaven and Earth.
Which is why the thread is called, "Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary..." Now what is your opinion of this mocking instead of the thread itself?

My opinion?  Where do you think you are?  My opinion is that they are of the world, and will cling to it.  They will throw their feces at Heaven like the chimps they think they've descended from.  They will serve one master or the other.  Did you expect my opinion to be that we should "listen to what they say?"  After I told you that she's my baptismal patron?  What do you think any trad Catholic opinion is on this matter? 

I think this is a weird thread.  Weird that it isn't in the oratory, weird that it's addressed to Mexicans.  You say you're letting Mexican Americans "know about it."  What of the rest of us that have a devotion to the Virgin of Guadalupe?  The ones that aren't Mexican?

Re: Satanic modern culture mocks the Blessed Virgin Mary - Mithrandylan - 12-31-2011

(12-31-2011, 08:26 PM)alaric Wrote:

I think you and the Myth are reading too much into all this.

Besides "someone" hasn't even posted on this thread yet. :grin:

I can only read what he wrote.  He needs to be more clear, as Spooky said. 

(12-31-2011, 09:37 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I think this is a weird thread.  Weird that it isn't in the oratory, weird that it's addressed to Mexicans.  You say you're letting Mexican Americans "know about it."  What of the rest of us that have a devotion to the Virgin of Guadalupe?  The ones that aren't Mexican?
You're reading too much into it but I was letting this return to light because I am sure most Catholics have forgotten about these incidents.

Quote:You're reading too much into it but I was letting this return to light because I am sure most Catholics have forgotten about these incidents.

Good motive but FE is nothing like "most Catholics"  :LOL:

In any case, it never hurts to offer prayers up in reparation to the offences of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.