FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Epic Journey Home interview last night - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Epic Journey Home interview last night (/showthread.php?tid=52653)

Epic Journey Home interview last night - Beatissima Mariae - 01-24-2012

First, this guy is way cool. I listened on ewtn radio last night and burst into laughter at his recollection of his, errr...'colorful' past. There have been guests before that have been in really, really dark places before, but I think this guy takes the cake. The hits kept on coming and I could feel Marcus's eyes bulge in disbelief every time...There is one preoccupation in particular that just HAS to be a Journey Home first. It's towards the beginning and I won't spoil it. But it's a great interview beginning to end.

Re: Epic Journey Home interview last night - Habitual_Ritual - 01-24-2012

One of the few EWTN shows I enjoy.Good one.

Re: Epic Journey Home interview last night - Beatissima Mariae - 01-24-2012

If Bryan is ever in the San Antonio area, he's just going to have to join our TLM club for some beers. For curiosity's sake, I must hear the details around 'conjuring demons as pets'. I heard that and just had to chuckle a little...at the sheer craziness of it, but also imagining the reactions from the older folks in the viewing audience, ...how foreign and difficult to process that must be...

There's also a ColecoVision reference in there, +1. Surely another JH first.

Re: Epic Journey Home interview last night - Old Salt - 01-24-2012

Has there ever been a Journey Home where the guest returned to the Church through the Traditional Latin Mass?

I once wrote  them and detailed my "journey home" from being a fallen away Catholic and then to discover the TLM and this is what brought me back to the Church.
Never heard from them.

Re: Epic Journey Home interview last night - iona_scribe - 01-24-2012

Old Salt, it seems like they usually prefer to interview people who were formerly ministers of some sort.  On the show I think Marcus usually mentions The Journey Home Network, which is an organization that helps protestant ministers make the transition into Catholicism (because they're usually facing sudden unemployment and have alienated all of their colleagues).  So I'm guessing they get most of their guests from that.

Re: Epic Journey Home interview last night - Steven - 01-24-2012

(01-24-2012, 01:00 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Has there ever been a Journey Home where the guest returned to the Church through the Traditional Latin Mass?

I once wrote  them and detailed my "journey home" from being a fallen away Catholic and then to discover the TLM and this is what brought me back to the Church.
Never heard from them.

A traditional priest. (For whom I happen to serve Mass on Saturdays. :) )

Re: Epic Journey Home interview last night - SCG - 01-24-2012

(01-24-2012, 12:14 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote:

I heard this on ewtn radio last night too! I've not had a television in my house since 1999, and so believe it or not I've never actually SEEN the Journey Home program, I've never seen Marcus Grodi! Only HEARD his voice on the radio for the past ten years! THANKS for posting this video. I need to check out more episodes on YouTube now that I've got speedy Internet.