FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Forum Owner: Please delete my account - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome Wagon (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements, Welcomes, Goodbyes, & Forum Problems (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Forum Owner: Please delete my account (/showthread.php?tid=53534)

Pages: 1 2 3

Forum Owner: Please delete my account - Josie - 02-21-2012

Forum Owner: Please delete my account. The denial of sexual abuse and blame shifting to victims here is unacceptable.

Re: Forum Owner: Please delete my account - Phillipus Iacobus - 02-21-2012

I think you shouldn't be so quick to leave the forum. Some people tend to be distrustful of modern studies because they tend to be biased, not scientific, and not Catholic.

Since you have ideas and opinions you would like to think about, why don't you give the forum a chance and stay?

Re: Forum Owner: Please delete my account - tmw89 - 02-21-2012

What Crusader said,

AND

speak up when you see

(02-21-2012, 08:26 PM)Josie Wrote: The denial of sexual abuse and blame shifting to victims [ . . . ]

PLUS

if the problem persists after calling out the offenders, report the pertinent posts (if you haven't already), using the "Report to moderator" button you see in the bottom right corner of the posts.

Re: Forum Owner: Please delete my account - verenaerin - 02-21-2012

Please don't go. Consider the first source, CP is only 19 years old. His opinion and JayneK are by no means representative of what others believe here.

I hope I am not the cause of you leaving this forum.

I did not mean any offense to you in disagreeing or not believing in what you said.

(02-21-2012, 09:29 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I hope I am not the cause of you leaving this forum.

I did not mean any offense to you in disagreeing or not believing in what you said.

I responded to you in the other thread. I just want you to consider this. those on trad forums, are typically not modernists. This poster has done research in sexual abuse. Can you imagine that job? Can you imagine reading reports about 5 year olds being raped by neighbors, or my report years ago I had to write about a 2 year old sodomized by his 15 year old brother, or teenagers in abusive relationships, and then have someone come out and dismiss your work as being untrue just because? All I am saying is try not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

(02-21-2012, 09:35 PM)verenaerin Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 09:29 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I hope I am not the cause of you leaving this forum.

I responded to you in the other thread. I just want you to consider this. those on trad forums, are typically not modernists. This poster has done research in sexual abuse. Can you imagine that job? Can you imagine reading reports about 5 year olds being raped by neighbors, or my report years ago I had to write about a 2 year old sodomized by his 15 year old brother, or teenagers in abusive relationships, and then have someone come out and dismiss your work as being untrue just because? All I am saying is try not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

No, I cannot imagine any of those reports. Perhaps I handled this in the wrong way.

(02-21-2012, 09:36 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:

No, I cannot imagine any of those reports. Perhaps I handled this in the wrong way.

You are 19, it's great that you are here and thinking for yourself.  :grin:

Re: Forum Owner: Please delete my account - Josie - 02-21-2012

Yes, I do interviews or adult survivors of sexual and other types of abuse which occurred when under age 18 by adults (or anyone 5 or more years older than they are) and that God I do not have to deal with thekids while it is going on, I am not tough enough to do that job.

I guess I will stay around a bit longer to see how things really are here. But I will tell you, a casual acceptance of (or willful blind denial of) this great evil will do nothing for the Traditional Catholic except nauseate people of good conscience.

If this was not a huge, hidden problem in our society I might be more underatanding but this is a HUGE problem. Most are in deep denial about it. Happy Valley/Penn State and the recent priest scandals were just the tip of the iceberg.

Re: Forum Owner: Please delete my account - JayneK - 02-21-2012

(02-21-2012, 09:36 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote:

You did not do anything wrong.  Don't let people guilt you.