FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome Wagon (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Announcements, Welcomes, Goodbyes, & Forum Problems (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest (/showthread.php?tid=56525)

Pages: 1 2

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - 10th_Crusader - 07-12-2012

I'm a convert from Mormonism (the Bible converted me). However, I fell away after years of Novus Ordo abuses. The NO totally killed my faith. I wandered for awhile in confusion until one fine day, I heard the FSSP had a regular Latin Mass in downtown Seattle. I went there on Saturday before last, and made a good confession. Now I'm back in Holy Mother Church attending the Latin Mass, and so happy to be here.

I don't think I could go to a NO mass though. I'm afraid it might kill my faith again.

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - CollegeCatholic - 07-12-2012

Howdy!

I have a buddy up in Tacoma who typically goes to the Polack church. 

#randomfacts

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - Phillipus Iacobus - 07-12-2012

Welcome

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - 10th_Crusader - 07-12-2012

The Latin Mass is in Ballard - the old Scandinavian section of Seattle - so the fish-eaters there eat pickled herring and lutefisk.

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - moneil - 07-12-2012

Welcome  :), I'm in the same State, though about 350 east in Pullman, WA.  I was born in Seattle (1951) and baptized at St. Joseph's on Capital Hill.  It is a beutiful church to go visit sometime (but I shan't recommend you attend a Mass there).

(07-12-2012, 01:41 AM)10th_Crusader Wrote: The Latin Mass is in Ballard - the old Scandinavian section of Seattle - so the fish-eaters there eat pickled herring and lutefisk.

Pickled herring I can handle, ludifisk is just  ... wrong.

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - DrBombay - 07-12-2012

(07-12-2012, 01:38 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Howdy!

I have a buddy up in Tacoma who typically goes to the Polack church. 

#randomfacts

Is the hashtag a new meme that I haven't been kept up to speed on? Even on sites to which it serves no worldly, or otherwise, purpose?

I'm counting on you hipsters to keep me in the loop.  Mainly so I can kill these internet monsters before they can gain a foothold.

#cutofftheheadthebodydies

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - DrBombay - 07-12-2012

And welcome to the 10th Crusader.  One thing we lack on this board is Crusaders.  Yes indeed.  But at least you're not crusading with a PH word.  That's a plus. 

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - Jamey77 - 07-12-2012

Welcome 10th, once I started attending Latin Mass it was months before I went to a NO again and when I eventually did I found it an extremely shocking experience, you are right it is a faith killer.

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - CrusaderKing - 07-13-2012

Welcome! I have friends in the Pacific Northwest, specifically the Portland, OR area. Make yourself at home!  :cheers:

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest - Antonius Josephus - 07-13-2012

Welcome, 10th Crusader!

I can understand wanting to avoid the NO. I haven't been to one in over an year, and not since my (third) reconversion to the Faith a few months ago. I don't miss them at all and want nothing to do with them.

And, welcome to the Church!