FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor (/showthread.php?tid=57277)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - GottmitunsAlex - 08-18-2012

A small Lesson.

Re: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - Christknight104 - 08-18-2012

So much sacrilege committed on a grand scale....Another sad misfortune is the wrecking of many churches, also shown in this video,  with  the high altar and side altars barren ,  mere shells of  their glorious,  pre comcillair  appearance.

Re: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - HuskerTom - 08-18-2012

Great video and eye opener.  This should be required viewing for all Catholics, especially priests.  One question, though - what did they do in the early Church when CITH was allowed to prevent this from happening?

One other thing came to mind after reading this exerpt from the letter to the bishops from the Sacred Congregation for Divine Worship:  http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/communion_in_hand.htm

5. Whatever procedure is adopted, care must be taken not to allow particles of the eucharistic bread to fall or be scattered. Care must also be taken that the communicants have clean hands and that there comportment is becoming and in keeping with the practices of the different peoples.

How can a communicant know to have clean hands since the reception of Holy Communion comes right after shaking everyone's hands after the sign of peace?  With the number of people coughing, sneezing, and blowing their noses throughout Mass, I wonder if anyone leaves with clean hands.  That's another thing that bothers me about EMEs and priests who shake other people's hands during the sign of peace and then distribute the Blessed Sacrament to the faithful.

Re: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - TS Aquinas - 08-18-2012

(08-18-2012, 03:57 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: Great video and eye opener.  This should be required viewing for all Catholics, especially priests.  One question, though - what did they do in the early Church when CITH was allowed to prevent this from happening?

early Church protocol for CITH: Left hand under right in the form of a cross > priest put Host on the right hand > you bring your right hand up towards your mouth while your upper body bent and dare not use your fingers > receive the Host from palm and make sure right hand has no leftover particles.

Right hand because Christ sits at the right hand of the Father.

Form of a cross to signify the sacrificial nature of Mass and that moment of Communion.

Bend to receive in reverence.

Do not use fingers for utmost safety and care of particles that may fall.

Re: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - HuskerTom - 08-18-2012

Thanks, TS.  Hadn't heard that before.  Wish they'd require everyone to do that now (actually, I wish they'd require COTT, but this would at least be a step in the right direction).

Re: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - Stubborn - 08-18-2012

:'(  :pray:

Re: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - lumine - 08-18-2012

Just adding my own experience,,,I have never seen particles like the ones in the video.  Aren't the hosts made to not break up like that?  Remember, just my own experience....

Re: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - Stubborn - 08-18-2012

(08-18-2012, 06:49 AM)lumine Wrote: Just adding my own experience,,,I have never seen particles like the ones in the video.  Aren't the hosts made to not break up like that?  Remember, just my own experience....

They normally do not break up like that unless stepped or trampled on.  :'((

Re: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - voxxpopulisuxx - 08-18-2012

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Tears in my eyes! Beautiful

Re: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor - dahveed - 08-18-2012

I've sent this to members of my family. Thank you.