FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
John Paul I was definitely not murdered - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: John Paul I was definitely not murdered (/showthread.php?tid=58630)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

John Paul I was definitely not murdered - Scriptorium - 10-16-2012

Pope John Paul I was definitely not poisoned: prelate

(AFP) – 6 hours ago

VATICAN CITY — Pope John Paul I, who reigned for just 33 days in 1978 before dying of a heart attack, was definitely not poisoned, the prelate advocating a sainthood for the late pontiff said on Tuesday.

Monsignor Enrico dal Covolo said in an interview with the TGCOM blog that the documents and 167 testimonies he had collected for a report to be submitted to the Vatican on Wednesday dismissed "any suspicion of a murder" of the pope.

He said the documents "definitively" put the conspiracy theory to rest.

The report known as a "position" is a vital precondition in the Catholic Church for candidates for first beatification and then canonisation.

"Benedict XVI is strongly in support of this cause," dal Covolo said.

Wednesday will be the 100th anniversary of the birth of John Paul I, who was known as the "smiling pope" for his kindly parish priest demeanour.

He was not well seen in the Roman Curia because of his Franciscan humility and the fact he had refused all privileges. The testimonies collected showed he was already suffering from poor health when he was elected.

John Paul I died on September 28, 1978.

The Vatican Insider website reported that the beatification cause for late pope Paul VI who reigned between 1963 and 1978 is also proceeding rapidly.

It said he could be beatified along with John Paul I during the "Year of Faith" which began on October 11 and will end in November 2013.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hyLtlCdu8XusmFOCBfoXlnXoQTVw?docId=CNG.4c462819f870940fbe8802b9f4f8c273.351

Re: John Paul I was definitely not murdered - CollegeCatholic - 10-16-2012

Let's just canonize J23, P6, JPI, JPII, and heck, even B16 while we're at it.

Re: John Paul I was definitely not murdered - Romish Papist - 10-16-2012

(10-16-2012, 05:53 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Let's just canonize J23, P6, JPI, JPII, and heck, even B16 while we're at it.

I'm feeling a bit saintly today... can I apply as well? :incense:

Re: John Paul I was definitely not murdered - Cordobes - 10-16-2012

What's next? Canonize all the cardinals of the VII generation? 

Re: John Paul I was definitely not murdered - verenaerin - 10-16-2012

This is ridiculous. Is there any historical precedence for this? With all the problems we have in the church, sure, lets spend time and money finding more people to canonize. What else is there to do?

Re: John Paul I was definitely not murdered - Christknight104 - 10-16-2012

Should John Paul I be beatified, he would set a record for shortest reigning pope ever beatified.

Re: John Paul I was definitely not murdered - Grasshopper - 10-16-2012

(10-16-2012, 06:35 PM)Christknight104 Wrote: Should John Paul I be beatified, he would set a record for shortest reigning pope ever beatified.

Of course, there are all kinds of saints who were never Popes at all. Point being that he could have exhibited heroic virtue or whatever outside of his tenure as Pope. I don't know enough about him to say whether this is actually the case.

Re: John Paul I was definitely not murdered - Scriptorium - 10-16-2012

My main reason for posting was not concerning canonization, but the conspiracy theory that he was murdered.

Re: John Paul I was definitely not murdered - winoblue1 - 10-17-2012

They are cannonizing all the post V2 saints to ensure that all of their modernist opinions are solidified as beyond criticism.
They know what they are doing.

Re: John Paul I was definitely not murdered - Might_4_Right - 10-17-2012

(10-17-2012, 03:51 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: They are cannonizing all the post V2 saints to ensure that all of their modernist opinions are solidified as beyond criticism.
They know what they are doing.

Boy ain't that the truth!