FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Smoking pot a mortal sin - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Smoking pot a mortal sin (/showthread.php?tid=58899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Smoking pot a mortal sin - knittycat - 10-30-2012

I do not.

Re: Smoking pot a mortal sin - per_passionem_eius - 10-30-2012

(10-30-2012, 10:28 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Wait.  I thought the SSPX website settled this question once and for all.  Why are you people still arguing about this?  Do you not realize that the SSPX has retained the Faith whole and inviolate, safe from the perfidious modernists of New Church?  

Stop this silly bickering.  Econe has rightly judged the matter.  Anathema sit!

Could you elaborate?  :)

(10-30-2012, 10:28 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Wait.  I thought the SSPX website settled this question once and for all.  Why are you people still arguing about this?  Do you not realize that the SSPX has retained the Faith whole and inviolate, safe from the perfidious modernists of New Church?  

:D And here I was thinking to myself "Ah, finally, a debate on fish eaters that has not devolved into nastiness and petty bickering but is a debate of merits"

(10-30-2012, 10:30 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:

Could you elaborate?  :)
He's just being Dr. Bombay.  He thinks he's funny.

Re: Smoking pot a mortal sin - Scriptorium - 10-30-2012

I don't buy the argument that you can't smoke pot for the high, like it needs some other "redeeming" factor. The redeeming factor is the high. I drink wine for many reasons, one of which is the buzz. That's like saying you can only go to Magic Mountain to study. You can't actually get the high from being scared dung-less.

Re: Smoking pot a mortal sin - DrBombay - 10-30-2012

(10-30-2012, 10:31 PM)knittycat Wrote:

:D And here I was thinking to myself "Ah, finally, a debate on fish eaters that has not devolved into nastiness and petty bickering but is a debate of merits"

That's why I'm here.   :tiphat:

(10-30-2012, 10:32 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: I don't buy the argument that you can't smoke pot for the high, like it needs some other "redeeming" factor. The redeeming factor is the high. I drink wine for many reasons, one of which is the buzz. That's like saying you can only go to Magic Mountain to study. You can't actually get the high from being scared dung-less.
I'm not saying you *can't* smoke pot for the high, I'm arguing that you don't have be smoking pot just to get high.  People smoke pot for many reasons, one of which is the high, but it isn't the primary reason for some.  If they wanted to smoke to get high, they'd be better off smoking a hybrid hydro clone rather than dirt weed.  But they *choose* the dirt weed over the fancy stuff simply because they want to enjoy a couple of joints with out worrying about getting shit faced.

(10-30-2012, 10:38 PM)knittycat Wrote: I'm not saying you *can't* smoke pot for the high, I'm arguing that you don't have be smoking pot just to get high.  People smoke pot for many reasons, one of which is the high, but it isn't the primary reason for some.  If they wanted to smoke to get high, they'd be better off smoking a hybrid hydro clone rather than dirt weed.  But they *choose* the dirt weed over the fancy stuff simply because they want to enjoy a couple of joints with out worrying about getting sh** faced.

Oh, lightweights. Okay.  :LOL:

Just for the sake of being a devil's advocate, why do these theologians never mention the benefits of marijuana? At least you'd have a balanced argument.

LOL! Yeah...
But you drink a wine because it tastes good.  If you just wanted to get drunk, you'd drink everclear.  You'd get drunk so much faster!  Yes, the buzz is part of the appeal, but it's not *why* you drink.  Right?