FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Piazza (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other Religions (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Jewish Method for Improving Marriages (/showthread.php?tid=59333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - Poche - 11-15-2012

I know this person isn't Catholic, but she is talking about something towards saving troubled marriages and making mediocre marriages better. Is there somethingpositive we could learn here?
Huh? Huh? Huh?

http://news.yahoo.com/jewish-marriage-workshop-reconnecting-couples-across-america-now-140039992.html;_ylt=AraIxWokL.Mf65iQ2MY85zNtzwcF;_ylu=X3oDMTNnYnNqNm04BG1pdAMEcGtnA2NiNmZlNTA2LWMwZmQtMzI5Mi1hODNiLTNhZjYxNWNmYmYzYwRwb3MDOQRzZWMDbG5fUmVsaWdpb25fZ2FsBHZlcgMzMjEwNDJmMC0yZTY0LTExZTItYjNiNy00ZWY2OWY3OTVmN2Q-;_ylv=3 

Re: Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - GottmitunsAlex - 11-15-2012

From the link:
http://www.kesherwife.com/

Re: Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - ggreg - 11-15-2012

Does not say what she actually advises.

Both websites read like an infomerical.

"But wait there's more".

Re: Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - miss_fluffy - 11-15-2012

There are similar workshops available for Catholics.  What do you think we can learn from going to a Jewish marriage seminar?

Re: Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - Poche - 11-18-2012

(11-15-2012, 12:50 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: There are similar workshops available for Catholics.  What do you think we can learn from going to a Jewish marriage seminar?
I didn't know there were similar workshops for Catholics. I think however if something works well for one community then there may be application for it else where.
Smile

Re: Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - GottmitunsAlex - 11-29-2012

(11-15-2012, 12:50 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: There are similar workshops available for Catholics.  What do you think we can learn from going to a Jewish marriage seminar?
Well:

“Sara Rigler’s Kesher Wife Workshop was not only a fun, intelligent experience, but it also provided me with doable, user-friendly Shalom Bayis tools that have brought more joy to my marriage.”
Rachel Reissman, Certified Life Coach, married 22 years
[Image: IY572crop.jpg]

“I have read many shalom bayis books and heard many shiurim, but Sara Rigler’s unique presentation was succinct yet comprehensive, simple yet powerful, and truly transformational. I wish I had heard this wisdom 30 years ago.”
S.W., Monsey, married 30 years

[Image: jewish-wedding-3_350_111912113139.jpg]

“I found your workshop to be a thorough synthesis of material I have been learning for years and the single best presentation on Shalom Bayit I have attended. After one week of working on being a “Kesher Wife,” my wonderful partner planned the trip to the Golan we have been talking about taking for 2 years. When I stepped away from my “being in control” role, he assumed responsibility for every detail of the trip. It was a real vacation for me!”
L.S., Jerusalem, married
[Image: 41acadd25628c8e72fa740d7d12fe456.jpg]

Oh, BTW, screw the Catholics! They will never teach you anything about marriage.
[Image: images_news_2012_09_04_latrun-0_300_01.jpg?w=588]

Re: Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - LuxMichaelisCSP - 11-29-2012

GottmitunsAlex, where did you get those pictures? They don't appear on either of the related websites. Agree with your overall point, but find the visual propaganda unnecessary (to put it charitably.) Why deliberately associate a thoroughly Jewish seminar with something distasteful to any true Catholic (e.g. same-sex "marriage")?

Re: Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - Crusading Philologist - 11-29-2012

(11-29-2012, 12:50 PM)LuxMichaelisCSP Wrote: GottmitunsAlex, where did you get those pictures? They don't appear on either of the related websites. Agree with your overall point, but find the visual propaganda unnecessary (to put it charitably.) Why deliberately associate a thoroughly Jewish seminar with something distasteful to any true Catholic (e.g. same-sex "marriage")?

For GottmitunsAlex, what should be distasteful to any true Catholic is the continued existence of the Jewish people. There's no point in wasting your time with him.

Re: Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - Jacafamala - 11-29-2012

(11-29-2012, 01:02 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 12:50 PM)LuxMichaelisCSP Wrote: GottmitunsAlex, where did you get those pictures? They don't appear on either of the related websites. Agree with your overall point, but find the visual propaganda unnecessary (to put it charitably.) Why deliberately associate a thoroughly Jewish seminar with something distasteful to any true Catholic (e.g. same-sex "marriage")?

For GottmitunsAlex, what should be distasteful to any true Catholic is the continued existence of the Jewish people. There's no point in wasting your time with him.

Well that's a horrible way of putting it. We are to love the Jews and pray for their conversion.

Re: Jewish Method for Improving Marriages - GottmitunsAlex - 11-30-2012

(11-29-2012, 03:02 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 01:02 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:

Well that's a horrible way of putting it. We are to love the Jews and pray for their conversion.
Pray for their conversion. And not seek them for marital spiritual counseling.