FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady (/showthread.php?tid=59349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - JayneK - 11-15-2012

(11-15-2012, 02:08 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 02:05 PM)Meg Wrote: Exactly. I toned it down from what I was REALLY thinking. 'Dork' is putting it mildly, IMHO.

How is your personal feeling toward Bishop Fellay relevant?   ???

Exactly.  If you have something to say about his actions, that is one thing.  But this is just name-calling.

Re: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - Meg - 11-15-2012

(11-15-2012, 02:05 PM)Meg Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 02:03 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 01:58 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 12:25 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Correct,
That particular part of the "message" was never given Church aprobation.

It was approved by the local ordinary and the Church has since said nothing official about it.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with quoting it at this point.

Remember, though, +Fellay is "worse than a dork."

Exactly. I toned it down from what I was REALLY thinking. 'Dork' is putting it mildly, IMHO.

It's my opinion. We generally have a lot of opinions here on FE. I don't expect that everyone will consider it relevant, and that's okay.

Re: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - Walty - 11-15-2012

(11-15-2012, 02:11 PM)Meg Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 02:05 PM)Meg Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 02:03 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 01:58 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 12:25 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Correct,
That particular part of the "message" was never given Church aprobation.

It was approved by the local ordinary and the Church has since said nothing official about it.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with quoting it at this point.

Remember, though, +Fellay is "worse than a dork."

Exactly. I toned it down from what I was REALLY thinking. 'Dork' is putting it mildly, IMHO.

It's my opinion. We generally have a lot of opinions here on FE. I don't expect that everyone will consider it relevant, and that's okay.

I just don't see what the point is.

Re: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - LuxMichaelisCSP - 11-15-2012

(11-15-2012, 01:30 PM)Meg Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 01:28 PM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: He always seems to blame Rome when when things don't work out.
Are you saying Rome deserves no blame for these last 50 years??

No.

But Bishop Fellay is a dork. There. I said it.

No, worse than a dork.

He is a duly ordained bishop of the Catholic Church. Have some respect.

Re: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - Meg - 11-15-2012

(11-15-2012, 02:10 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 02:05 PM)Meg Wrote: Exactly. I toned it down from what I was REALLY thinking. 'Dork' is putting it mildly, IMHO.

Exactly.  If you have something to say about his actions, that is one thing.  But this is just name-calling.

And Bishop Fellay's reference to Rome being the seat of the Anti-Christ isn't name calling? He's inferring that the Pope is Anti-Christ. It's alright for Bp. Fellay to make this reference, but it's not okay for me to call Bp. Fellay a dork?

Remember, I'm an unapologetic popolator. I'm not (unlike some) an unapologetic Fellayolator.

That's all I'll say about it, and I'll not post about it further.

Re: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - Mithrandylan - 11-15-2012

Have fun at Assisi IV, Meg.  Make sure to get some of those little hot dogs covered in bacon before they're gone.  I hear the arch-heretics really swarm around that table.

Re: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - JayneK - 11-15-2012

(11-15-2012, 02:17 PM)Meg Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 02:10 PM)JayneK Wrote: Exactly.  If you have something to say about his actions, that is one thing.  But this is just name-calling.

And Bishop Fellay's reference to Rome being the seat of the Anti-Christ isn't name calling? He's inferring that the Pope is Anti-Christ. It's alright for Bp. Fellay to make this reference, but it's not okay for me to call Bp. Fellay a dork?

Remember, I'm an unapologetic popolator. I'm not (unlike some) an unapologetic Fellayolator.

That's all I'll say about it.

Bishop Fellay did not make an explicit claim that the Pope is the Antichrist.  That is something that you are inferring.  As James pointed out, it seems unlikely that Bishop Fellay meant this.  Still, I concede that it is legitimate for you to express your misgivings about his comment.  That does not justify calling him names.

I love the Pope and I have taken a lot of heat here for my support of him.  I have often expressed my belief that respect is due to him for his office.  Similarly, we owe respect to the office of bishop.

Re: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - Scriptorium - 11-15-2012

Bishop Fellay:

"The Church will be eclipsed. These are not trivial sayings. One truly has the impression that this is what we are experiencing now."

He is implying a lot! He is stating that the Church is being eclipsed, and the Antichrist will rise in Rome soon.

Re: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - CollegeCatholic - 11-15-2012

obedience to the Pope above all!  insult those who don't obey his every command.

except in those instances where its imprudent for me to actually listen to the pope and do as he does and believe as he believes.

Re: Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady - Scriptorium - 11-15-2012

I'll add that I find it odd he can't find continuity in an universal ecumenical council, but he'll accept this line from a rejected part of the La Salette private revelation. A little out of whack there. And this is the same stuff that drives Williamson into his damaging actions. It may just be that Fellay's trying to sure up the hardline faction, but like I said before, it is a blot on the traditionalist movement and skews our view of the Church and the people in Rome.