FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" (/showthread.php?tid=59875)

Pages: 1 2

Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - Aragon - 12-08-2012

I hope you have a bucket ready  :eyeroll:

Quote:INTER-RELIGIOUS RELATIONS

Prayer for Muslims

The annual celebration of the month of Ramadan provides an opportunity for members of the Catholic Church to pray for Muslims. An appropriate intercession to be included in the Prayers of the Faithful is suggested:

For our Muslim brothers and sisters, that by the bodily discipline of fasting and the spiritual devotion of their hearts, they find grace and favour in God’s eyes.

If you're an Australian I strongly urge you to write to your local bishop and Archbishop Hart (the head of the Australian Bishop's Conference) expressing your concerns and disgust.

You can contact him here: http://www.catholic.org.au/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=116%3Aarchbishop-denis-j-hart-dd&catid=77%3Abishops&Itemid=172

Re: Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - CollegeCatholic - 12-08-2012

You all....  are ... praying for them?  To convert, right?  Because, this is DURING a Mass, a liturgy, where we worship God, so it only makes sense that we pray they convert.

Oh, no, wait, you're praying that they find grace and favor in God's eyes.

How can anyone do find "grace and favor in God's eyes" outside the Catholic Church?  By denying His Son's divinity, doesn't that insult Him? 

To not oppose error is to approve it.  Someone in the Church said that, right?  Well.... now we have the hierarchs ... praying and confirming Muslims in their false religion?

To me, it sounds like the Australian hierarchy might be part of a Church that is New in foundation..... 

Re: Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - SMKMI - 12-08-2012

(12-08-2012, 01:27 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: You all....  are ... praying for them?  To convert, right?  Because, this is DURING a Mass, a liturgy, where we worship God, so it only makes sense that we pray they convert.

How can anyone do find "grace and favor in God's eyes" outside the Catholic Church?  By denying His Son's divinity, doesn't that insult Him? 

To not oppose error is to approve it.  Someone in the Church said that, right?  Well.... now we have the hierarchs ... praying and confirming Muslims in their false religion?

To me, it sounds like the Australian hierarchy might be part of a Church that is New in foundation.....   

Well, in all doctrinal fairness, one does need grace to enter the Holy Catholic Church. Outside of that... I agree.

Re: Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - Mithrandylan - 12-08-2012

(12-08-2012, 01:27 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: You all....  are ... praying for them?  To convert, right?  Because, this is DURING a Mass, a liturgy, where we worship God, so it only makes sense that we pray they convert.

The arrangement of the words is such that it can be taken as perfect orthodoxy.  the new churchmen are pros at this.  As long as a single "interpretation" of a problematic statement can be seen as orthodox, the newcatholics who follow the teaching of these newchurchmen will defend their honor, even if they're got to throw the statement over their shoulder three times and then cover it in talcum powder and rinse it off and tilt it at a certain angle in the sun before boiling it and then bury it for two days and come back and look at it under a black light.  Voila, if you look at it THAT way there's no problem!! 

Re: Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - Heinrich - 12-08-2012

(12-08-2012, 08:21 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

The arrangement of the words is such that it can be taken as perfect orthodoxy.  the new churchmen are pros at this.  As long as a single "interpretation" of a problematic statement can be seen as orthodox, the newcatholics who follow the teaching of these newchurchmen will defend their honor, even if they're got to throw the statement over their shoulder three times and then cover it in talcum powder and rinse it off and tilt it at a certain angle in the sun before boiling it and then bury it for two days and come back and look at it under a black light.  Voila, if you look at it THAT way there's no problem!! 

Cue Scriptorium in 3, 2, . . .    .

Re: Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - Walty - 12-08-2012

"He who is not with me is against me... unless he's a Muslim."  - Matt. 12:30

Unless...  Maybe to be "with" Jesus means to reject His divinity and badmouth the Trinity in your holy book.  Yeah, that must be it.

Re: Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - Richard C - 12-08-2012

(12-08-2012, 01:27 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Oh, no, wait, you're praying that they find grace and favor in God's eyes.

How can anyone do find "grace and favor in God's eyes" outside the Catholic Church? 

Of course, if there is sufficient backlash, they will tell us that conversion is implied.  :eyeroll:

Honestly it doesn't sound that different from the 1970 Good Friday prayer for the Jews.

Re: Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - Warrenton - 12-08-2012

(12-08-2012, 08:21 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: The arrangement of the words is such that it can be taken as perfect orthodoxy.  the new churchmen are pros at this.  As long as a single "interpretation" of a problematic statement can be seen as orthodox, the newcatholics who follow the teaching of these newchurchmen will defend their honor, even if they're got to throw the statement over their shoulder three times and then cover it in talcum powder and rinse it off and tilt it at a certain angle in the sun before boiling it and then bury it for two days and come back and look at it under a black light.  Voila, if you look at it THAT way there's no problem!! 

Exactly.  It makes me want to jihad.

Re: Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - SouthpawLink - 12-08-2012

"Let us pray also for the pagans, that almighty God would remove iniquity from their hearts, that, putting aside their idols, they may be converted to the true and living God, and His only Son, Jesus Christ our God and Lord.

"Almighty and everlasting God, Who always seekest not the death, but the life of sinners, mercifully hear our prayer, and deliver them from the worship of idols, and join them to Thy holy Church for the praise and glory of Thy name.  Through our Lord, etc.  Amen."

My, how far we've come...

And:

Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ Wrote:Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism, and refuse not to draw them into the light and kingdom of God.  Turn Thine eyes of mercy towards the children of the race, once Thy chosen people: of old they called down upon themselves the Blood of the Savior; may it now descend upon them a laver of redemption and of life...

http://www.fisheaters.com/sh.html

Re: Australian bishops approve "Ramadaan Prayer" - jacobhalo - 12-08-2012

We pray for the conversion of Muslims.  "The only way to the father is through me."