FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Should we pray for the soul of the murderer/suicide from CT? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Should we pray for the soul of the murderer/suicide from CT? (/showthread.php?tid=60097)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Should we pray for the soul of the murderer/suicide from CT? - Poche - 12-18-2012

You should pray for all involved, even the murderer. That is because while we can conjecture that he died in mortal sin we do not know that for a fact. It may be that the insanity of this person mitigated his culpability. It may also be that befroe he died he made an act of perfect contrition. It is a work of mercy to pray fro the dead. One day we will be dead and if we escape the fires of Hell and wind up in Purgatory, we too will want others to pray for us.   

Re: Should we pray for the soul of the murderer/suicide from CT? - Doce Me - 12-18-2012

After each decade of the Rosary many of us pray the "Fatima Prayer"

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven,
[i]especially those in most need of Thy mercy.
[/i]

Who is in more need of God's mercy than a man such as this; at his death and
in purgatory if he is not damned.

Re: Should we pray for the soul of the murderer/suicide from CT? - jacobhalo - 12-18-2012

(12-17-2012, 10:25 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: If yes, why? 

If no, why not?

I would like your thoughts.

Yes, I would pray that the Lord sends him straight to hell.

Re: Should we pray for the soul of the murderer/suicide from CT? - jacobhalo - 12-18-2012

You don't know if he died in mortal sin?  Are you simple?  The man was evil.  He was the son of the devil.  What did he do? say an act of contrition after he shot those people and before he shot himself?  Did Hitler die in mortal sin? Did he say an Act of Contrition before he died? If either of the above are not in hell, then there is no hell.  People, let's get real!!

(12-18-2012, 01:40 AM)Doce Me Wrote: After each decade of the Rosary many of us pray the "Fatima Prayer"

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven,
[/i]

Who is in more need of God's justice than that evil human being.  He deserves no mercy!!  Throw him into hell!!

You people are too merciful for me.  "When a tree doesn't produce, you cut it down." 

Re: Should we pray for the soul of the murderer/suicide from CT? - OldMan - 12-18-2012

(12-18-2012, 08:47 AM)jacobhalo Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 01:40 AM)Doce Me Wrote: After each decade of the Rosary many of us pray the "Fatima Prayer"

[/i]

Who is in more need of God's justice than that evil human being.  He deserves no mercy!!  Throw him into hell!!

Here's hoping you never need prayers or God's mercy! BTW, I assume you have NEVER committed a mortal sin and have no need for the sacrament of penance.

Re: Should we pray for the soul of the murderer/suicide from CT? - ggreg - 12-18-2012

He was mentally ill with Aspergers so yes, why not?

He might not have been fully culpable for his actions.

Hitler or Stalin or Mao as far as we know we're not suffering from Autism.

Re: Should we pray for the soul of the murderer/suicide from CT? - Tim - 12-18-2012

Since Doce mentioned that O mi Jesu prayer, I'll tell the little routine I have; 1 Pater Noster, 1 Ave Maria, 1 Gloria Patri, and 1 O mi Jesu, I can say these in my sleep almost. Our Lady told the children at Fatima that many souls fall into hell because they have no one to pray for them. We here may be their last chance.

tim

(12-18-2012, 09:09 AM)OldMan Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 08:47 AM)jacobhalo Wrote:

[/i]

Here's hoping you never need prayers or God's mercy! BTW, I assume you have NEVER committed a mortal sin and have no need for the sacrament of penance.

I would not deserve prayers if I did what that evil person did.