FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums
Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - Printable Version

+- FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Church (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Catholicism (https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? (/showthread.php?tid=62004)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - Chestertonian - 03-14-2013

Who is to say that Biden would go up to the Holy Father?  Will the Holy Father dispense communion to all communicants or will there be other priests there to do it?  I can't imagine how many heads of state and politicians at that installation that go against the teachings of the Church... there must be too many to count.  I am not great at matching names to faces... how can he possibly keep all of them straight, and match faces to political records?  As much as I think it would be just for the Pope to refuse the Eucharist to people who are public sinners, these people also have the burden to restrain themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am just not sure if it makes as much sense to do this in practice as it does in theory.

Re: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - Revixit - 03-14-2013

(03-14-2013, 06:53 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: Revixit,
Pope Francis is rumored to be having his installation Mass on Tuesday, and Vice President Biden will be leading the United States' delegation.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/politics/ap-source-vp-biden-to-lead-us-delegation-to-new-popes-installation-in-rome/2013/03/13/642db89c-8c21-11e2-af15-99809eaba6cb_story.html

What ever happened to charitably interpreting (giving the benefit of the doubt) the posts of others?

I've already apologized to St. Drogo, and told him I wasn't saying the OP was sticking a knife in Pope Francis.  It seemed to me that replies were trending that way and would probably get worse the way things have been going here.  But perhaps I read the other posts wrong because I don't feel well.  I have pneumonia, am going back to bed now.

I would like to know why people can't give the new Pope the benefit of the doubt.  Perhaps you can ask them that.

I am really fed up with holier-than-thou trads.  If they get a chance when Jesus returns, they'll be telling Him what He did wrong.

Re: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - Ursus - 03-14-2013

Deny? :LOL: that would be uncharitable.

Best to just keep quiet and people will come around to your good example and follow your faith. That always worked in the past.  :LOL:

Re: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - FanofNeri - 03-14-2013

I'd love to see him deny Biden the Eucharist. 

I must admit that I enjoyed Pope Benedict XVI snubbing Nancy Pelosi's attempt at a photo op during his U.S. visit.

Re: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - HuskerTom - 03-14-2013

(03-14-2013, 07:27 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: Who is to say that Biden would go up to the Holy Father?  Will the Holy Father dispense communion to all communicants or will there be other priests there to do it?  I can't imagine how many heads of state and politicians at that installation that go against the teachings of the Church... there must be too many to count.  I am not great at matching names to faces... how can he possibly keep all of them straight, and match faces to political records?  As much as I think it would be just for the Pope to refuse the Eucharist to people who are public sinners, these people also have the burden to restrain themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am just not sure if it makes as much sense to do this in practice as it does in theory.

This is exactly what I was thinking.  I can't imagine him memorizing all the heads of state after being Pope for only a week, and then while distributing Holy Communion at his installation Mass deciding Yes, No, No, Yes, Yes, Yes, No....

Re: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - MorganHiver - 03-14-2013

Name tags would work or the letter "D" for denied pinned onto their most outer layer of clothing

Re: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - HuskerTom - 03-14-2013

(03-14-2013, 09:30 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: Name tags would work or the letter "D" for denied pinned onto their most outer layer of clothing

Great idea!!  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - Chestertonian - 03-14-2013

As much as I think color coded name tags would make it easier, this is the Papal Mass, not Sesame Street.  We are talking about adults who have the gall to approach the communion line with their hands open, and not crossed over their chest.  I am not one of those nutjobs who think that pro abortion Catholics should be allowed to follow their own "Conscience" and whatnot but there must be a better way to go about this.

Re: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - Pilgrim - 03-15-2013

(03-14-2013, 07:33 PM)Revixit Wrote: But perhaps I read the other posts wrong because I don't feel well.  I have pneumonia, am going back to bed now.

I hope you feel better soon!

Re: Will Pope Francis Deny VP Biden Communion? - Old Salt - 03-15-2013

I am sure Pope Francis will not deny the Blessed Sacrament to VP Biden or anyone.

Why would he?

[despite all he has said]